If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

>Not listening to death artists or at least, artists in a coma

lameos.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I'm listening to Turisas. It's festive for St. Pat's Day because Vikings at one point occupied Ireland. It does so count by International Law of Go Fuck Yourself.

• edited 2012-03-17 22:00:31
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ Say Anything.

^^ see

the thing about dead artists

is

they're dead

and you never get any more than what there is

see

the thing about dead artists

is

they're dead

and you never get any more than what there is

say that to tupac

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    zombies don't count
  • edited 2012-03-17 22:10:02
    Has friends besides tanks now

>downloading album on iTunes
    >all but one song done
    >9.8 MB of 9.8 MB done
    >doesn't finish after minutes
    >another album doesn't respond when I click "Buy"
    >fuck

EDIT:

>I x out of iTunes
    >Done 

• a little muffled

I'm listening to Turisas. It's festive for St. Pat's Day because Vikings at one point occupied Ireland. It does so count by International Law of Go Fuck Yourself.

Which album?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^weird

Picked up the first AssCreed on Amazon for five bucks, and got Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for free with it.

fuck yeah deals

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^Battle Metal

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> try to watch Black Rock Shooter

> the video is such good quality that my laptop can't handle it

> thusly, the video is too good for me to watch

Fuck this.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^Given that you now own a call of juarez game, I'm not sure you came out ahead there.

I thought people liked Bound in Blood.

Either way, I didn't pay for it, and I didn't care about any of the other eligible games, so whatever

Maybe; I've mostly heard about The Cartel.

That game, though, you'd have to actually pay me to get me to take it.

I've only heard terrible things about The Cartel.

But most of the reviews I glanced at for BiB were positive.

Huh. I kinda assumed the whole series was bad if The Cartel managed to be as bad as it was. Guess not.
  • edited 2012-03-18 01:12:56

-listens to Fall of Troy on a whim-

-holy shit this is really good-

Should have listened to DYRE sooner.

Wait, what?  I mean... I actually do like the Fall of Troy, but... did I ever say that?  I don't remember saying... anything about what music I like here, actually.  Other than, like, anime songs anyway.

fuck yeah i wrote some words in my story

Speaking of which, my dad finished his novel awhile back. I just finished reading it. It was quite good. The book hasn't even reached the literary agent yet and I want to read the sequel T_T
  • a little muffled

I kinda feel bad for having never gotten around to reading my mom's book.

No one in my family is writing a book. :/

I just watched the first two episodes of that pirate girls show.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
  • a little muffled

Everyone in my family is a published author, seriously.

• No-one in my family writes anything except me when I do English homework/tests.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Wait, what?  I mean... I actually do like the Fall of Troy, but... did I ever say that?  I don't remember saying... anything about what music I like here, actually.  Other than, like, anime songs anyway.

You did. I think the topic was metalcore, or something fairly close, and they were in as a recommendation along with Every Time I Die and The Black Dahlia Murder. I remember things like people having the same music taste as me, even though it might seem random to remember something like that.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So, I finished Demon's Souls- and immediately ended up in a New Game+.

I'm looking at this from an in-game perspective. All the horrors the character experienced- fighting dragons, fifty-foot-tall knights, butchers six times the size of you trying to chop you into pieces with meat cleavers taller than you, Reapers, armies of zombies, giant sentient piles of writhing leeches that can throw more leeches at you, giant mecha spiders, flaming werewolves, dragon gods- and you finally win at the end; you make the world peaceful once more, allowing the kingdom to get its' feet and start recovering.

And then, and then, bam.

You're back at the start. All those things? They're still alive- and you have to fight them again if you don't want to watch more people die.

And then, and then, when you do fight them and kill them all again?

You're sent back again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

For eternity.

Sisyphus, the game.

Until eventually, the player stops playing, and the character is left there, alone. Stuck in a perpetual state of watching the world go to hell around them and never being able to do anything about it.

• If it were me, there'd be god-killing involved and the line "break the cycle" somewhere.

But it isn't me, so there isn't.

That's not an option in the game.

You are doomed to watching everything happen again. You have to kill the Maiden, every time. Ostrava commits suicide and fights you as a Black Phantom, every time. You die and are sent back, every time.

• But if it were me, it wouldn't be like that.

Or if it were on PC and had a good modding community and set of tools.

But alas.

I'm reminded of the Futurama game, actually. Whenever you finished the game the next level was just the first level again.

Laws of the game's universe. Can only do so much.