If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-03-02 20:39:48
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I didn't have a debit card six months ago.  :V

But really, like I said, I was trying to temper my enthusiasm for ME3 (successful until recently), and I wasn't sure if I was going to get it for the 360 or PC until a few days ago.

Now I just need to finish ME2 in the next three days.  This may be possible, depending on how much my family decides to do this weekend.  I've recruited everyone except Legion and Tali, but I've only done Zaeed's loyalty mission so far.  And I haven't decided if I'm going to get Lair of the Shadow Broker or Arrival yet either.

• You can change. You can.

you know you hate yourself when: You're seriously considering the idea of playing M:tG with random Cockatrice users

• Waiting until I get a new stylus to play that. My fingers don't get along with touch controls.

In other news, yay Fang evolved into a Krookorok(?). Zebstrika was barely a factor in my Gym battle. Still hate Emolga. Glad I gave Fang Rock Tomb to somewhat help.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    >I've recruited everyone except Legion and Tali, but I've only done Zaeed's loyalty mission so far.

Do all the lyalty missions NOW.

Seriously, do not procrastinate on them.
  • edited 2012-03-02 20:48:33

You can always stick around for the Master's.

I'll probably do that, too, depending on how things turn out. Time will tell, I guess.

• edited 2012-03-02 20:46:08
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

@INUH: I know.  I've beaten ME2 once before, and I got everyone through the Collector base alive.  I'm going to do everything I can before I go get Legion, since that's what triggers [the Collector attack] IIRC.

Oh, okay. Didn't realize you'd played it before >.>
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Games I am looking forward to this year:
    Borderlands 2
    Prototype 2
    X-COM Enemy Unknown 

• edited 2012-03-02 20:47:49

^^ Yeah.  Only it was on the 360, which is why I'm doing this last minute marathon. 

Borderlands 2

Same.  The first Borderlands is a lot of fun.  I need to finish that too.

Ah.

I'm actually doing a last-minute marathon for the same reasons. Currently doing the Firewalker DLC, which is cool, but I can't shake the feeling that it's an apology for the Mako.

• edited 2012-03-02 20:49:17

I've done the first Firewalker mission.  The Hammerhead is way better than the Mako, so I accept their apology.

• edited 2012-03-02 20:49:28
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

They're offering Rayman 2: The Great Escape with a preorder of Rayman: Origins. Apparently, Origins is a hand-drawn 2D side scroller like the very first Rayman game...

$30 for a giant nostalgia bomb, or no?

• edited 2012-03-02 20:49:54
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

@Forzare
    Have you seen the trailer?
    Looks pretty good!

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Yeah, I did.

If I may quote my G+ post on the subject:

96.5% more wubwub? I'm joy-puking already.

Seriously though, yeah, I like what I've seen so far.

• a little muffled

@Juan:

you know you hate yourself when: You're seriously considering the idea of playing M:tG with random Cockatrice users

They're not that bad, honestly. I don't play EDH with randoms much because it's more fun playing with people I know, but when I want to test quasi-competitive decks against someone other than Dark Confidant I don't have much choice, and the only complaint I have is how terrible most of the "competitive" decks people play are.

• edited 2012-03-02 20:53:46
    I'm a damn twisted person

INUH - the Firewalker pretty much is an apology. There was a take that at the Mako in the Normandy crash site mission too. Speaking of DLCs I should get around to playing The Arrival mission, since I've had it sitting on my Xbox for a few months and it seems it will actually be plot relevant. 

Neo Crimson - Rayman Origins is really fun, but it is pretty hard on single player. The difficulty is a bit more manageable on multiplayer because your friends can pop your bubble when you mess up. Thankfully the game avoids the whole dumbness of lives.

So right after watching the old The Lorax cartoon while out shopping today I have to wonder, what exactly is a Once-ler?

I tried to download The Arrival today, but the method for getting DLC on the PC version is irritating.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I'm almost definitely going to pick up The Arrival, but I don't know if I'll get Shadow Broker or Overlord.  Probably not, since I just dropped eighty dollars on ME3.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Shadow Broker was pretty fun. The Shadow Broker's base was a cakewalk though because mooks loved to cluster around explodable things.

• edited 2012-03-02 20:59:09

So right after watching the old The Lorax cartoon while out shopping today I have to wonder, what exactly is a Once-ler?

Wait... that's The Lorax?  Oh wow.  I thought I'd never heard of The Lorax before this new movie, but... I guess I actually have?  Since I remember the word "once-ler" being used in a cartoon before, so... I guess it was that. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I really disliked Borderlands, but then again I dislike games heavily based on loot and stuff. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

If there was some degree of customization to my loot I might have liked Borderlands. But bluh, a single player game where I discard my weapons for a slightly better replacement more often than in an MMO is annoying. Granted I don't like doing that in MMOs so I always try to get moddable items and hold onto them, especially when I find an armor set I think looks cool.

They're not that bad, honestly. I don't play EDH with randoms much because it's more fun playing with people I know, but when I want to test quasi-competitive decks against someone other than Dark Confidant I don't have much choice, and the only complaint I have is how terrible most of the "competitive" decks people play are.

Yeah, but these days, I don't really dig anything but EDH. I do play legacy with zudak sometimes, but that's about it. 

the problem is that EDH with random cockatrice users always involves someone trying to pull off an infinite combo and me not recognizing any of the dangerous parts before it's too late. It's just dull and never leads to anything but me watching my opponent play Masturbation: The Gathering. 

Also, like you pointed out, part of the fun of playing a two hour long game with people you know is that you can joke around and just like...kill the time while the game takes long. At least, it's more bearable than the usual "Staring at the screen and only say 'Response'" stuff 

• a little muffled

The best EDH games I played with randoms were the ones where some interesting discussion did happen.

never happened to me. Then again I've only done it thrice and it was because I was really bored and had no one to play with.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I still want to play some Imperial Empire, but that still requires, like, either fourteen or eighteen people. And I still don't feel like EDH.
  • edited 2012-03-02 21:26:26
    You can change. You can.

Also, remember that Cockatrice sucks for almost any multiplayer format

Feel like planechase, archenemy or Horde? two rooms, motherfucker. Unless you want to leave someone to just "GM" the game (Which actually just means revealing cards from the top of the scheme/planar/horde deck)

EDH being just one hundred cards singleton with a creature that's always playable doesn't have this issue, of course

• edited 2012-03-02 21:29:02
    a little muffled

Two clients, motherfucker.

Works fine for Horde, should also work for Archenemy or single-planar-deck Planechase, though not quite as well.

BTW if you want to and can find someone else I'll play EDH.

• edited 2012-03-02 21:29:44
    You can change. You can.

wait two clients how does that work like...do i open cockatrice twice and log on with different accounts or what

Anyway, it still is quite clunky

• a little muffled

wait two clients how does that work like...do i open cockatrice twice and log on with different accounts or what

Yes.

And yeah, it's clunky, but I think it's better than two rooms.