If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

But bluh, a single player game where I discard my weapons for a slightly better replacement more often than in an MMO is annoying.

Yeah, it isn't though.
    I'd say it might be a bit duller playing single player only. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

If a game is giving me the option to play it single player I expect it to at least be playable and solid for a single player game. Which Borderlands is, it's just fuck all boring.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Eh, horses for courses.
    I can play something like that single player, I think it mainly stems from the floating numbers.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The story kinda went nowhere and once you've shot a dozen soldiers you've shot 'em all. 

Basically, there wasn't a lot of variance in the gameplay. Sure, there were different classes, but classes are funny like that. Once you've selected your class, you set your playstyle in stone. Any game that wants to be interesting via doing the same thing over and over needs emergent complexity, which Borderlands didn't have. 

And the game really dropped the ball by not giving you the option to just shoot Claptrap.

• edited 2012-03-02 21:50:32
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

^^

Can't see your text over all the numbers coming off my enemies!

Yeah the story was a let down, but the DLCs pretty much fixed my issues with that really, giving it a lot more of a finish.

As to the gameplay variance, shrug, you got new enemies introduced to different areas and the bandits did have varying weapons etc. Could have been better but I found it enjoyable.

Also you are just mad as there were no swords :p 

^
    I liked the Claptraps. :( 

• You can change. You can.

So, I'm watching 50/50. It's like Hellblazer's Dangerous Habits, except that without the supernatural aspect. Or Constantine. 

...so not like Dangerous Habits, except for that old dude with cancer who was the best bro

Oh yeah I watched 50/50 back when it came out in theaters. I really liked it but I was just so exhausted from school and work and estate stuff that I nodded off and missed about 1/3rd of it and woke up in time for the end. I'd like to rewatch it again when I'm lucid.

• edited 2012-03-02 22:24:23

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2011/11/2/mankiw-walkout-economics-10/

Hmm...I feel that the walkout comes off as more attention seeking than anything. Then again, it's probably well past the withdrawal deadline, but why they didn't just talk to him during office hours is beyond me.

Really, the Occupy(TM) movement is all flash, no substance and it seems to actually kind of damage the credibility of social justice in general.

• I wonder if, when I express my viewpoints online, people even understand what I'm saying half the time.

• http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/03/02/bc-student-walkout.html

Such is the power of social media that students can coordinate such a widespread movement. I remember the many teacher's strikes when I was still in B.C.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-03-02 23:27:28

Hmm, steamrolled through 3 Gym Leaders today and evolved 2 Pokemon. Yes, I'd say I made some progress this run, yes.

And I'm surprised my Lilligant has the highest Defense out of all my Pokemon so far.

IJBM: Having too many fucking game ideas. 

• You can change. You can.

so, finished 50/50

I loved how the movie was predictable, but I gave nary a fuck simply because I liked Adam. Shame that the rest of the cast was so mixed. Like, Kyle is the kind of annoying friend who you keep around because he's funny, but he's like really insensitive to your problems and well...dating your therapist sounds like a recipe for disaster, man, just sayin'

But overall, I liked it. Gordon-Levitt's performance is full of awesome. Which leads me to ask why he didn't get nominated for the os...pffffthahahaha, i'm sorry. I almost forgot that the oscars were just about dramatic, predictable movies set in the early twentieth century

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Digital Devil Saga is reminding me I have emotions.

Fuck this game. ;_;

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-03-03 02:52:42
    More progress! Joltik get! Fire beard pig get! Lai needs to use Rest now!

New avatar, because Yandere Kanojo is great.

• Champion of the Whales

X-COM Enemy Unknown

Which one because both Fixaras and Take-two are releasing a version

• Had a very good day today. Prelude to more of them, I hope. For now I need to figure out what I'm doing to have for dinner and do Maths stuff :V

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Can't sleep. It's been a little less than 24 hours.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

IJBM: Having too many fucking game ideas. 

i know that feel

anyway

> leave for mother's party at 6:15

> arrive at 6:30

> hope to be gone by 6:45

> bro interrupts

> end up staying until 8:30

> have nothing to do except babysit kids

On the other hand, everyone reckons that if my librarian plans fall through, I'd be a great childcarer.

• The amount of Waltzy/Cygan shipping would increase dramatically.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> Lisztening disapproves -20

• edited 2012-03-03 04:19:10

She can deal.

She.

• My mistake. Corrected.

Oh right her

I forgot who she was

And this is why you fail.

On the topic of Star Wars, I wish The Old Republic was more like the OT and less like Dragonlance with a Star Wars paintjob. 

Also. I weighed myself today, and I'm finally in a decent weight range- about 65kg, at something like a metre seventy five or something silly like that.