If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Yeah, I can justify it, but still :c

^Probably a good idea.

• No rainbow star
    I think I was training for the ground leader last time I played Pokemon Black
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Full of pancakes.

• edited 2012-03-03 16:02:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^I was expecting that to be an announcement, but it looks like it's just the same rumors that have been flying around for a year or so.

Not to say that there isn't a good deal of reason to think it's true.

• edited 2012-03-03 16:04:37
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^^It's rumor at this point, nonetheless an interesting one. I'm probably going to stick with an actual PC though.

EDIT: Ninja'd

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Do you know programming?

A very little. 

• You can change. You can.

then get working >:[

> implying one programmer can make
    > whatever the fuck it is I've got running around in my head
    > i don't even
    > quite understanding HOW
    > THIS WOULD BE DONE

brb selling soul to satan for mad prgrammn' skills 

It's more because if you know how to program, then you have an idea of how to create what you're creating as well as how technology can restrict what you want to create (Which is, sadly, quite likely)

Same reason why I need to learn how to photography and film even though my interest is only directing, if I ever decide to go into the creative side of film instead of being a professional asshole critic

In any case, I have the excuse of my new tower and monitor not communicating, which I was setting up while inspired to learn C#. 

Also, if you guys have any experience:

- Texturing
    - Modelling
    - Animating
    - Programming
    - Designing
    - Composing
    - Voice acting
    - Sound engineering
    - Writing
    - Producing

or

- Interning (pref. with the capacity to make excellent tea)

I'd love to hear from you.

:> 

>Drinking tea

>Unironically

I thought highly of you, knight. emphasis on "thought"

I would drink coffee, except --

wait, sorry

no, i would not

• edited 2012-03-03 16:27:32
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>Implying you need to be hipster to enjoy tea.

boy its heretical around here.

^Even more heresy!

It's the only valid and logical way for a human being with discerning taste to do it!

• edited 2012-03-03 16:32:53

"- Programming"

I know some C++ from first-year engineering (although I haven't actually used it in three years), so I might be able to help you with some of the elementary aspects of the language. Of course, if you are familiar with the general process of programming, picking up the syntax is the relatively easy part. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I know a little bit of C, and am currently doing a course on Java. Though I'm nowhere near ready to program a game yet.

• edited 2012-03-03 16:40:34
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

I was being snide; there's no way I could simply just get the resources I need from asking around. Unless it was for a demonstration build of the game that could be sent to publishers to get their interest or something. 

Thanks all the same, though. 

^ Programming a game is all about deception. Remember, the really important factor is that the player gets the experience you were trying to evoke. That means, no matter what happens with the cogs and wheels, as long as the player gets what they came for, they're happy. Game programming is a lot of tricking the computer into presenting a game using logical commands. 

• "I was being snide; there's no way I could simply just get the resources I need from asking around."

Still, it's good that you recognize this. I was easily fooled though considering all those TV Tropes projects. 

For comparison's sake, it took about 2.5-3 years for Mount and Blade to get made, and that game had hugely outdated graphics, no coherent, central story, no voice acting, minimal music and less. 

It was still an awesome game, mind, but trying to make a AAA game as one's first title is an unrealistic goal. I envy the people who got jobs in the game industry during the earlier eras, who could evolve with the technology.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

It's odd how unexcited I am for Mass Effect 3. At first, I thought it's just because a crash killed my ME2 save file, just before I finished the game and I can't transfer anything (and I haven't started a new game either). But I don't really care all that much. No, it's the game itself that doesn't really interest me very much. Despite knowing nothing about it beside everything that the title tells me (as in, that it's the third game of the Mass Effect series). Strange, considering that I really liked ME2 (wouldn't have played it that far, otherwise).

My lack of excitement for Assassin's Creed 3, however, is easy to explain. It's the recent reveal of the setting. Also, it seems to be very different from the previous games (unsurprisingly). I'm not sure what to think of that. I'll have to see how exactly it differs and how it will work out overall. Still, I look forward to it more than ME3.

• edited 2012-03-03 17:01:29

^ We have a Mass Effect thread for keeping Mass Effect stuff from cluttering Updates.

Though I was also pretty unexcited for ME3 until about a week ago.

Well, I don't think people in the ME thread are really interested in hearing that Nyarly's not looking forward to ME.

And I have to agree. I'll play it because my brother's getting it, but eh. In fact, I can't really think of any particular game I'm looking forward to, perhaps with the exception of an eventual Witcher 3. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Dawn of War 3 is slated for 2012, supposedly.

• edited 2012-03-03 17:08:26

I never really liked The Witcher that much. The dialogue had no spark to it (which I get is a consequence of the translation, but still), the voice acting was dull, the fact that your main character is pre-determined limits roleplaying (which once again, I get is necessary). And most of all, everything is so boring and grey. It's accurate to what the Dark Ages would look like, but really, really, boring.

I'm looking forward to the next Fire Emblem game, if they translate it to English. And Valkyria Chronicles 3 (which has already been released, but only in Japan) if a blue moon passes and its translated. 

^^ Really? Awesome. I hope it has Tyranids again. 

^ Polish voices, English subtitles. 

Also, I really like Geralt's general... thing. I like how when you choose between evils, he makes his dissatisfaction at the scenario known. He doesn't just make a choice and let it stand -- he has something to say. It's a nice touch of realism and characterisation, tearing down a bit of the void that exists between player the game. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

@Madass, Cygan: Do you know programming?

no :<

my head arms and stomach hurt like a motherfucker

well, not really, but they're annoying me

i'm thinking of cutting them off

• Has friends besides tanks now

Wouldn't you cut your stomach out?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Anyway, there is a big fight going on between Nan and my brother.

He stayed at my mother's party last night when we went home. Now he has come back at 10AM, kind of hungover. And he's only 16 :V