If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Could you clarify how's that bad?

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

>posting in TRS

>ever

• edited 2012-02-12 13:39:35
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^It means that unless a page has the one specific problem of often being misused, any other problems it might have can never be fixed, by wiki law.

So, for example, that "useful notes on breast sizes" page? Wasn't being misused, and thus shouldn't have been cut.

"Nakama?" Well, it doesn't matter that the word means something besides the trope; it shouldn't have been changed, because people got used to using it properly.

• edited 2012-02-12 13:38:58

""Misuse or fuck off" is now officially a TRS rule."

As if the site needed to obstruct progress on things getting done any more. So being wrong or misleading is perfectly fine as long as it's not getting misused?

• a little muffled

@INUH: Wait, where?

@ninjaclown: Well, for one thing, if a name is so obtuse that it isn't getting any use.

• edited 2012-02-12 13:38:50
    Has friends besides tanks now

I'm surprised it took you this long. I don't mean that as a jab at the site; I mean that you seemed like you had been pretty frustrated with the site for a while.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

@Everest:Well, with stuff like Nakama and The Mario getting renamed, it seemed to be making progress. Well, now such progress is actually against the rules of the site, so I'm gone.

Well, for one thing, if a name is so obtuse that it isn't getting any use.

That actually is lumped in with misuse. There are still other reasons to fix a trope, though.

• a little muffled

Where is the place where the rules say that, though?

See this thread. It's also in the news sidebar, though the full extent isn't described there.

• edited 2012-02-12 13:54:13

Let me get this straight, the criteria that the Trope is broken is not misuse, but technically broken, as in broken links and whatnot?

• edited 2012-02-12 13:55:24
    a little muffled

Yeah, I found it eventually. What I see there is lots of vagueness and sidestepping and nobody actually saying "we're only excepting misuse as a reason" though.

Edit: And Eddie coming out and saying creepiness is an acceptable reason to change things. I think you're seriously blowing this out of proportion.

• edited 2012-02-12 13:59:50

Ah, I see. I was somewhat confused by how the thread before he said that consisted of people saying "it shouldn't be valid to start a thread without proof of misuse" and Eddie saying "sure, okay."

• a little muffled

But even before that, when you asked if other reasons were still valid, a mod replied with yes. I agree that some of the posts are unclear in there, but it seemed fairly obvious to me that the main thrust of it was "you need an actual argument". The repeated use of the poorly-chosen word "evidence" (which applies for misuse, but not so much for other things) is what muddies it.

• edited 2012-02-12 14:07:38

-nevermind-

• Better return most of the DVDs I have from the library tomorrow.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

INUH, did you burn the bridge?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I forgot how much I love In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

^ -brofist-

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So at Pizza Hut, while waiting for my pizzas I have my kindle out.

A girl comes up and asks me what I'm reading.

I tell her "The Chronicles of Elric: The Sleeping Sorceress." 

She gives me a look like something smells funny under her nose and leaves.

Now it may just be me, but I think if you approach the long-haired guy in the Iron Man t-shirt reading on a piece of technology, maybe you shouldn't be surprised that he's a nerd.

• edited 2012-02-12 17:59:31
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ -brofist-

I love every album Coheed and Cambria have put out, but Silent Earth is easily my favorite.
  • You can change. You can.

It's amusing how much people expect you to read highbrow stuff.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Elric of Melnibone is on par with James Joyce. You shut your hole.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

yes, malk. he totally is. --pats your back while reading books about the nature of the artist in respect to society--

^^>4chan

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Also the only place ever so far I have seen anyone talking about the game.

Also, > /u/

fuck you where else can i talk about lesbians

>Criticizing FourChan

>Just locked a thread that might as well have been a four chan thread in terms of dumbness

• edited 2012-02-12 18:11:16
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Technically you're free to talk about them here. :>

• What's wrong with /u/?

Yuri thread time? Yuri thread time.