If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

that's clearly the work of madness

• No rainbow star

^ So it's all your fault then?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So I'm playing RE5 and so far my biggest enemy has predictably been white guilt.

The thing that gets me is how it at least opens trying (though not really succeeding) to portray a sympathetic eye on Africa's systemic exploitation by Europeans and Americans. Of course this is Capcom so it's not really all that well handled, but the message is clear.

And of course they fuck it up with your usual tribal monster stereotypes. Okay, guys. I know your inspiration was Heart of Darkness, but really?

The thing that also gets me is that Sheva and Josh are decent characters in their own right and don't depend on any stereotypes that I'm aware of. I think if we got rid of the savage zombies and actually made Sheva the protagonist, bumping into Chris who is looking for someone he knows, the game might have been less... offensive.

Of course, I'm hardly someone who's schooled in white privilege. 

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

I've been getting progressively less sleep per night over the past week or so, tonight is 0 sleep night it seems, or morning as it is indeed that.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^*Has been up till 3:00 am for the last 4 days for school*

I know that feel bro.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I've had experience being nocturnal before.

• @Juan: Apparently, by downloading an MP3 to stream the radio station it...works better or something. I dunno, I didn't make it :P Still, thanks for giving us a shot.

@Everest: Even listening for a few seconds gives us the ratings meaning my pilot might be picked up, thanks!

@Firebert: The show will (probably) be on every other Wednesday, depending on if my pilot gets picked up, I'll make sure to link you at the time.

@Ninjaclown: I think there are plenty of long runners that still have good, compelling stories, the best ones are the ones that allow things to grow and change. I'm thinking Usagi Yojimbo, Savage Dragon, Spawn, Bone and EastEnders.

• The funny thing is that this is quite accurate.

• No rainbow star

Dammit Skyrim! I have lost yet another night to you

• Champion of the Whales

It seems that Mullah Omar went to the Russians in October 2001 and seriously said "Russia and the Taliban should join forces to attack America"

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ Market Bull x Cash Cow

I woke up with the worse cold. 

• Kichigai birthday!!

• Open Week, Day 4. Theme: Las Vegas. Rushing out to get earplugs in full suit is not a fun thing to do.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

IJBM: My dad keeps trying to give me these motivational speeches that invariably leave me far, far less motivated than I was before he did it.

• Has friends besides tanks now
  • That's what Everest looks like?

Huh.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Well, here's a picture from before today, when I had a full head of hair.

If you're wondering why I shaved it, it was for swimming.

• Much more preferable, in my expert opinion.

• Nice to see another guy who prefers a clean buzz.

• Looks smoother, be sure to regularly polish it so it actually shines.

IJBM: My dad keeps trying to give me these motivational speeches that invariably leave me far, far less motivated than I was before he did it.

I know that feel bro.

Signed up for driving lessons because my mom wants me to learn how to drive so i can be the house's driver. bleh

Ah, I hate driving. Knowing how to is probably a good thing, though.

Oh yeah, I admit it's an important skill to learn. It's just that I know that I'm gonna spend at least half of my time driving around to pick up my sister and stuff

• edited 2012-02-02 17:48:42
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^^^^, ^^^^ I don't actually like the look, except in that it amuses me that I look so thuggish at the moment, but swim team tradition is to do crazy hair before a big meet, and as you can imagine I'm not gonna run around with a fucking bowlcut for any longer than a week. But since this is going to be my last year swimming, I'll probably just grow it out as much as possible and hope it doesn't turn into an afro.

grow it out as much as possible and hope it doesn't turn into an afro

My hair does that.

They do that if you don't try to avoid it.

• edited 2012-02-02 17:57:19
    Has friends besides tanks now

I had to control it, even recently, to keep it from being an afro-esque abomination. Problem is, the longer it gets, the tougher it is to maintain, and the more malleable and unruly it becomes.

I just let it. My hair has a reputation for defying the laws of physics.