If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

@Everest: Get a head tattoo and it'll be perfect.

• edited 2012-02-02 18:15:36
    Has friends besides tanks now

^ I almost want to, but I don't want to get jabbed in the head thousands of times, I'd need to shave down to the skin (right now you can still see a small layer of hair; it's just been electric razor'd so far), and the rest of my build is hardly intimidating enough to make it work (5'8", 145 lb. kid with a high-pitched voice =/ badass; I just happen to have pretty good eyebrow control. :P).

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

>Everest confirmed for skinhead

• Has friends besides tanks now

Aww, please.

Is it bad that I mostly just want to use my PS3 for fighting games now?

• You can change. You can.

yes.

gtfo and buy Batman Arkham Asylum or someshit

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • edited 2012-02-02 21:18:40
    Silence is golden.

also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460724 (well okay, the op's "comic" might be original to 9gag)

• edited 2012-02-02 21:22:44

yes.

gtfo and buy Batman Arkham Asylum or someshit

Nah.

reddit in a nutshell

ಠ_ಠ

but, it's Batman. You get to be a ninja Sherlock Holmes

what else do you want out of life, dude

what else

anyway, i love it when i pull a bullshit Magic win.

• edited 2012-02-02 21:31:01

What if I wanted to be a magical ninja Sherlock Holmes? >:[

Or, you know, what if I'd rather sit at home and make use of my billions of dollars in ways that don't involve me going anywhere near criminals?

EDIT: So it looks like one of my friends might have a chance with this really cute girl at our school, after all. I'm happy for him and all, considering that he's recently, finally taken my advice to heart (that advice was basically "don't be so reserved and expect things to happen for you"), but of course now I feel pathetic.

Or, you know, what if I'd rather sit at home and make use of my billions of dollars in ways that don't involve me going anywhere near criminals?

well, you can do that and be sane and logical

what kind of a psycho does that

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Damn, I loved that game.

Also, I find myself wanting to go and watch Ghost in the Shell again.
  • edited 2012-02-02 22:16:25
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Human Revolution is an excellent game, though it is one of those games where you have to go "it's really good except for..."

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Why is this track so beautiful?

The game is kinda meh.  It's a F2P action MMORPG on Steam.  But its music is surprisingly awesome.

• edited 2012-02-02 22:19:10
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Except for the boss battles, yeah. It's not enough to make me think it's not a great game, though. There's really only three bad ones in the whole game. Apart from that, my complaints were minor.

And the speech challenges were honestly probably some of the best boss battles in any game I've played. Talking that one dude down from suicide and attacking the main villian's philosophy near the end especially.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The speech challenges were excellent.

And the boss battles...the three bad ones would be the first and the last two, right? I've heard different opinions.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The last one is actually the one I didn't have a problem with. I felt like I had enough options for dealing with it that it didn't really irritate me. I finished that battle on my first try with only a single shot fired.

I didn't have a problem with the last one. It's just that...well, it wasn't entirely clear what was going on, so I just hit all the switches then stood in that spot where nothing can hurt you until the battle ended. If I can't figure out why I won, I'm not going to call it a good battle.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Dude tailgates me

>Passes me first chance he gets and flips me off.

>Stuck in a ditch five miles later.

Whyibelieveingod.jpg

I guess.

But anyway, yeah, I felt like the game's good points far outweighed that one black spot.

I like how it actually made the philosophy bits (something I usually don't know/care about) my favorite parts of the game.

Now to go play the first Deus Ex or something

I really hated the boss battles in Deus Ex for the simple fact that the only way to win is by shooting and violence. 

Yep, my stealthy Spider-man Jensen is fucked.

^ That is why everyone hates the boss battles

^^That's not true in the original, though.

^Right, I should have specified Human revolution.

All this talk about gaming reminds me how it's been a while since I've actually played a game. ;_;

OTOH, I recovered my PS2. Gonna go over the weekend to a friend's house and finish Silent Hill 3 because...well, unfinished business, that's why.

With that said, I guess I could play Planescape Torment, but I can't even find the ISO. 

• No rainbow star
    *takes a bite out of an apple*

...How the fuck can something taste bitterly sweet?

shit, i think i actually deleted the thing. bummer, i really wanted to play it.

• No rainbow star
    So, anybody else here take two minute showers?
  • edited 2012-02-02 23:47:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Speaking of gaming, Thief: the Dark Project Gold edition is now on GoodOldGames (GOG.com), for $9.99.  This is the first Thief game, plus some bonus content.

Unlike the version sold on GamersGate (i.e. the original version), or even a version you'd get if you were to pirate the game (even if it's the Gold version), this version sold on GOG is indicated to work on Windows 7.  I haven't tried it yet, but this almost certainly means that the game won't freeze/crash right when it starts due if your computer has more than one processor core--which is, as I've heard, the issue that's plagued people trying to play Thief: the Dark Project on modern computers.

This game currently sells for $9.99 on GoodOldGames.  If you're not in a hurry, you can always wait for a major sale when it will probably get discounted to $4.99.

As an extra note, remember that all GOG offerings are DRM-free.  FYI, Thief is published by Eidos, which is currently owned by Square-Enix.  Thief's developer, Looking Glass Studios, went out of business in 2000; I am not sure whether the developers will get any royalties out of purchases of this game, but I sure hope they do since some of them are fellow Engi--I mean, MIT alums.

The Gold Edition worked for me on Vista SP2, which isn't all that different from 7. I had to run as admin for cutscenes to work, but otherwise it was fine.

IJBM: GOG won't take my credit card. I know, I've said it a million times, but...>:-|