If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

> malkface.gif

Heyeyey, at least I noted the irony.

• Glaives are better.

You know, there was something important in what you said, Alex, but I just can't get Rule 63 Arthas out of my head.

Plus, Arthas is from the Warcraft universe, which until recently was very much the sort of thing you're talking about. It was only after they hired Samwise Didier that they got the coherent, contemporary art style of BIKINI PLATE AND SHOULDERPADS.

• edited 2012-02-01 04:56:21

Not exactly a bad trailer, but not exactly a memorable one.

• Hey! In about two hours I'm gonna be hosting a rock show on local radio! You can listen online here http://ktownfm.digitalfife.com/ just click on the wee mic at the right side of the page!

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

@Picture of 'armoured' woman.

The boots have little skulls on, they look like evil slippers....

• Kichigai birthday!!

So I've been playing Metroid Prime recently. It's quite good actually but I find myself lost most of the time

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is TV Tropes down?

Well, whatever.

I have a Mann Co. Supply Create series #33 up for trading; I'm interested in a phloginstonator, or anything that can help me get one.

• No rainbow star
    Alex, is't the interpretation of armour made to accomadate breasts by bending out the armour so the armour doesn't squish them inaccurate?

I think I heard somewhere that it was, but I wanted to check
  • Open Week, Day 3. Theme: London. High Tea was a nice substitute for an evening meal, since me and my roomie seem to be having another cold war over the dishes.

• ^ Sad to say it, but these days you won't find high tea served in London outside a fancy hotel. What is happening to my culture?

Also, that "Fuck You Texas" song is great. All country music should be like that. A lot of it is indistinguishable from ordinary pop nowadays. 

• Had a fairly long chat with an older gentleman on the way to school. Talked about Peak Oil and how the automative and airplane industries are going to crumble soon, and about how we need to boot out all of our politicians and replace them with ones that can actually do something about the coal problem. Was informative.

• edited 2012-02-01 15:39:02
    Diet NEET

High Tea is more an excuse to gorge on scones and sandwiches than it is for tea. That said, we usually have 30 different kinds of tea at the bar anyway, which probably makes the average Englishman scoff, but is a lot for a frat.

Also of interest for the Hitler sockpuppet: http://chibi-hitler-group.deviantart.com/gallery/

• But you never had any to begin with.

Just found out the guy from my old school who was charged on paedophilia has been sentenced. 6 month curfew, sex offender's register, supervision order, and no living with children who aren't his sister. That's... bizarrely lenient, to say the least.

• If it were me, he'd have been tortured and executed. But oh well.

• But you never had any to begin with.

People tend to frown on the torture of 18 year olds.

• You can change. You can.

people tend to frown on torture in general

• edited 2012-02-01 16:02:38
    But you never had any to begin with.

Sometimes the internet makes me forget that.

Ah, the internet, that wonderful place where we get to hear the most fucktarded things.

It's both paradise and hell

Alex, is't the interpretation of armour made to accomadate breasts by bending out the armour so the armour doesn't squish them inaccurate? I think I heard somewhere that it was, but I wanted to check.

Yep, it's inaccurate. Put a man or women in full plate armour and you cannot ever tell the difference. Ever.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Alex, isn't putting wizards and trolls in a game inaccurate to medieval combat?

Not according to those who lived in the medieval periods, it would seem. :>

Alternatively:

Not if the wizards and trolls are decent martial artists. :>

Magic wasn't an effective combat tool until Aleister Crowley came around.

> implying that Merlin wasn't a real dude
    > okay so he was pretty much just a notable hermit IRL
    > but still, a real dude

Magic in vidya is pretty much nothing like what a lot of 'real' magic was supposed to be. It was lots of pseudo-alchemy and praying to the devil as opposed to the superhero stuff we see in WoW and Dragon Age.

There is a distinct lack of fireball magic before the 20th century indeed.

Would be interesting if games went old-school like that.

fuck that noise. i like throwing gigantic meteors at people and i want to keep doing so. >:|

> standard "a bloo bloo bloo i dunno how to fire a crossbow" response

it's okay juan

it's okay

>Standard "Hurp durp, my penis can't shoot lasers so i have to use conventional weapons" response

It's ok, Alex. You're only human.

> standard "i cant have sex ever because of my weaponised cock" response

what the fuck dude

>standard "I don't understand the concept of controlling my body and the lasers it shoots" response

you're adorable, did you know that