If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Art looks shitty.  Premise seems unremarkable.

• ಠ_ಠ What is that? 

• edited 2012-01-29 20:37:15

Also, more importantly, why would you ever link to the TV Tropes page for a work of fiction?

It told me absolutely nothing and I just had to go to Wikipedia anyway to figure out what it actually is, which is kind of the way it usually goes with TV Tropes pages.

• I just wanted to show the Tropes page, thought it was a good example of the problems TVT has with this sort of thing.

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Okay.  Fair enough.

I thought you were talking about the manga itself.

Yeah, the trope page sucks in a lot of ways.  The lack of information thing being one, but I know that's not really what you meant. 

• Yeah, the anime itself is bad enough, but the trope page is the icing on the shit cake. My link was originally to the Wikipedia article, but I felt this was more "informative."

• edited 2012-01-29 20:51:29

My garden is a field of blades, their steel rotten and enscorcled with black magic. Each blade of grass is a dagger; each bush a tangle of swords; the vines that creep upon my house are veins of steel, dripping molten iron upon my doorstep. The trees scream with iron voices in the wind, and birds do not nest there.

Just so long as you don't say the words "I am the bone of my sword".

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

That link gave me a story idea.

See there's this nerd out there. He's in love with his 2-D waifu but of course there's that unpleasant factor of the tv screen being in the way on consumating his love. So, if he can't come to her... he'll make her here.

Kidnap a girl with her big beautiful eyes, splice her onto a girl with her hair and then splice on a girl with her arms... until he has his anime waifu.

and of course the police are investigating and an amateur weeaboo detective who is figuring out the pattern in the kills.

On a tangentially related note what I like about Madworld is how unapologetically juvenille it is. While lots of video games equate gore and sex with maturity, Madworld understands that emphasis on this only makes it more immature and revels in it.

Also, Greg Proops and John DiMaggio as announcers are awesome.

• That sounds interesting.

And MadWorld is very clearly in the spirit of No More Heroes.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

If I already own Dragon Age: Origins, but none of the DLC, would it be worth it to just drop 30 bucks on Steam for the Ultimate edition and get all the DLC (including Awakening)?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes. Awakening is a fair game in itself.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I never even got very far in DA.  :l

Of course, installing it seems to be the herald of something going catastrophically wrong with my computer, so that might be a part of it.

• You can change. You can.

wait, you got a computer already, forzare?

--obligatory GET COCKATRICE post--

i've had a computer

since

forever

And I've got cockatrice.  We've played each other before. :V

Cockatrice would be cool pets.

Not as cool as Vulpix or an Espeon but still.

• Arcanine would be awesome. Or Dragonite.

You said it was damaged or something

That did happen.  I had to replace the stupid motherboard and the screen.  :V  Luckily, I was still on warranty.

Anyway, the reason I haven't really been on is because a)I'm lazy, b)I only really have one deck, and c)I don't really feel like getting into building more.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I could give you one of my Elf decklists. :D

we can always play sealed deck, though. But not today. Got a shitton of shit to do.

^^ Maybe later when I'm not watching 30 Rock.  :D

Valentine's Day is coming up guys, and /a/ is going to be COMEDY GOLD.

>Implying /a/ isn't always comedy gold.

^^Sometimes it's just annoying.

I don't know, if it isn't nerds at their butthurpiest, it's Spanish nerds coming up with shit like Hachin no Chavo.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You know you love it, Juan_Carlos.

I meant it in the most positive way I could muster, man. 

Hachin no Chavo's still the best thing to come out of FourChan.