If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Tnu's on his last legs, and I've been watching Hlrest from day one.

• Chagen posts so infrequently on HH that he really hasn't done anything obnoxious yet, farfetched as that may seem. I don't plan on giving him second chances, though.

And really, at this point we're just looking for an excuse to ban Tnu.

• What's been going on with Tnu?

• a little muffled

Ugh. I'm really annoyed at my brother playing all my new games before I do, but I can't actually blame him because it's been weeks since I got them except the only reason I haven't already played is that he's on the Xbox all day and night and urrrgh.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Chagen posts so infrequently on HH that he really hasn't done anything obnoxious yet, farfetched as that may seem. I don't plan on giving him second chances, though.

I would argue that having two people on your site with such a bad history would be enough to turn better/more productive members of your community away.

I know I have seen you or Anonus already yell at Tnu for doing his Vorpy-worshiping shtick, which I would argue shows he has not changed since his time here and as such has the same problems that caused him to get banned from here, including a chronic case of bad spelling.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^
  • You can change. You can.

I'm torn about this, myself and I'd prefer to keep away from it and focus in more productive things, like Batman hallucinating that he's a junkie hobo.

• I've been wanting to ban him since he first showed up, but AU seems to worry about coming off as hasty.

• edited 2012-01-19 17:48:38

Yeah. I do.

I worry too much, I think.

The thing is, literally nobody wants him on the site, though.

And you're all just waiting for an excuse. 

I mean, if you were a big forum with a big userbase to answer to, I'd perfectly understand, but you're not. You're small and all of you know who he is and what he does and why he must stay away.

• See, the way I see it, if it gets to the point where you're literally waiting for an excuse to ban someone (as we are with him and Chagen), it makes more sense to just make it clear that they're not welcome there and show them the door than to string them along waiting for some kind of "drama" to break out before swinging the banhammer.

I don't think Anonus agrees, though, so I guess my hands are tied. -_-

• No rainbow star
    Nyktos: Kick him off. If he won't get off, hide your games. If he complains, say he can play them once you've been able to play them
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ I agree with that perspective on the situation.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

See, the way I see it,

I can't say I agree. If they have a history of being a troublemaker, then you should ban them, if only to head off the drama that would get you to ban them otherwise. But if you just don't like them, then don't.

This is a case of the first though.

^ I thought that's what she was saying.

I've been awake for about 40 hours straight at this point, though, so take that for what it's worth.
  • ...you guys are making sense.

Some part of me figured I'd upset people if I banned Hlrest without him doing anything, though maybe that's silly. Does anyone here lurk there, by any chance?

• edited 2012-01-19 18:10:48
    No rainbow star
    I'd just ban Tnu right now and let Chagen know that due to past history, he is being watched, but if he doesn't make the same mistakes as on IJBM than it should be fine

I thought that's what she was saying. I've been awake for about 40 hours straight at this point, though, so take that for what it's worth.

I can never be sure.

Does anyone here lurk there, by any chance?

I do this morning, if only because of the BTL mockery.

• I was worried the "Beyond the Heap" thread would get out of hand, but that didn't happen (though I admit the misrepresentation of BTL irks me.).

Hlrest's been there a while and he hasn't done anything. I am gonna warn him, come to think of it.

• I can't say I agree. If they have a history of being a troublemaker, then you should ban them, if only to head off the drama that would get you to ban them otherwise. But if you just don't like them, then don't.
    But that's, like, what I was saying

I think the attitude in the thread is one reason I do not want to go there.

The other reason is that I do not really like shitposting, so there we are.

But that's, like, what I was saying

It's not what you said, and I have no idea what you mean by it.

• ...I don't see how what I said could mean anything different than what you said. But whatever, it doesn't matter since we're on the same page now.

um, cygan, that's what CA was saying.

um, cygan, that's what CA was saying.

As I have been told >:/

then why deny it

Because I read it differently, apparently.

• edited 2012-01-19 18:35:26
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm having difficulty parsing that post to mean anything different.
  • edited 2012-01-19 18:35:45

...perhaps I ought to be tougher about running the place.

• That would be one suggestion.