If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Sorry to hear that, Malk.
  • I feel sorry for his sister.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    @The Skyrim talk: Apparently a lot of things have been streamlined, and all the obtuse stat crunching has been removed. All in all it plays more like New Vegas than any thing from Elder Scrolls in particular.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^She's fine. Kept on gabbing in the car while I was trying to focus on not crashing.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Awesome.

New Vegas >>>> Oblivion anyway.
  • You can say that again.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I never got into Oblivion that all that much. I always liked Fallout 3/New Vegas more.
  • I sunk weeks into Oblivion, but New Vegas (and Fallout 3) are definitely the better games.
    ^ I put sixty or seventy hours into Fallout 3.  I haven't had much time to play games in general since I got NV, but I just restarted with a new character a week or so ago, and I've got about 14 hours into it so far.

Vaguely related:  Just installed Fallout 1.  Trying to decide whether to do a sniper character to asplode heads from afar, or to try a pacifist run, which I've never tried in any game ever.

IJBM, what do?
    Pacifist run. Because Fallout allows it and wills it so.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is it more fulfilling than an Iji pacifist run?
    How're we defining fulfilling?
    So tomorrow in the saimoe tournament Yuno goes up against someone called Kashiwazaki Sena. 

You all know who to vote for.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    The one with the mightiest sword arm. :D
    Axe arm, but definitely Yuno. =D
    Depends who you like the most.

then i vote the opposite.
    Don't be so tsun.
    but being dere would be so...dull
  • I wanted to like Fallout 3, but really it kind of wasn't very good.  At least Oblivion was nice to look at.  Not to mention, Fallout 3 tried too much too be an FPS and as I may have said before, I don't really like it when RPGs try to be action games...

> implying that the distinction between action games and RPGs is anything but a holdover from tabletop RPGs and when games technology was too limited to take into account both mechanical styles at once

Jus' sayin'.
    There is a significant difference between an action RPG and an RPG with action elements though.
  • edited 2011-11-11 23:35:52

^^ So?  Doesn't really change the fact that games that combine both mechanical styles are not typically very fun.  There are exceptions though, obviously, but I wouldn't say Fallout 3 (and presumably New Vegas) was one of them.

Basically, Fallout 3 just made me feel like I was playing a bad FPS since it focused too much on its action elements without actually making them entertaining.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I feel like trolling you by voting for the other character, but I have no idea who either is.
    ^^ My point is that the design failures come from considering them inherently different things rather than existing on the same continuum.
    I think the Tales series does action RPG very well.
    Unfortunately, I'm yet to play any of those, except for Tales of Phantasia.
  • edited 2011-11-11 23:39:56

Tales games feel really button-mashy, but that is also possibly just because I suck at them.

Also, Mio vs. Haruhi is way more important than whichever matchup Malk was talking about.

Meh, I liked Fallout 3 because it actually felt fun to play and explore. The writing was nice enough to keep me playing and the setting was pretty damn fantastic.

also, liberty prime