If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.

Still wondering why I still come here. With other sites I frequent I know it, even with TV Tropes (even though my presence there decreased in favor of a German manga/anime site I negleted all the time). But here... I'm not sure

But I'm considering making a thread about a certain thing that bugs me.

I'm also considering making a liveblog here, as I think that the higher probability of comments may motivate me more than on TV Tropes. Even though it's certain that it will die just as my other liveblogs. Really, I don''t know why I bother even thinking about it.

I think I will remain her for a while, completely disregarding the possibility that people may be glad if I shut up completely and are already glad that I'm not posting much in the first place.

I think I'm not annoying enough. I'm not sure why that concerns me, though. It's not like I'm a troll or another person who likes to get on people nerves or anything.

Three-quarter hour until lunch break. God, I fear the row in the cafeteria (or rather outside of it) will be unbearingly long again. And today there is something I'd really like to eat...

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I'm not sure if you're being self-loathing, backhanding the userbase here or both.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.

Well, at the very least I don't engage in self-loathing. Maybe sometimes for humour's sake, but never meant seriously.

• Internet Armchair Therapy. Which moron thought of it?
  • You can change. You can.
    Is this second poster Juan?
    Also signs point to yes.

I think I've mentioned before my prooblem with choices in games?

Anyway, I only come to this forum these days...to the detriment of my sanity.

UPDATE: 

So, it turns out that I could never pass the semester. Ever since the third week of absences, it was pretty much me doing things for the sake of doing things.

I decided to freeze it over and start again next semester. 

The next three months are gonna be downright hellish. At least I've got a cat to keep me company.

A cat which should stop treating me as her toy. And learn English. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^That's pretty much my situation, except that my parents won't let me withdraw.
    Ugh, sorry, INUH, man.

Have you tried talking to them again?
    Yes...

I think a large part of that is that they don't know that I've been skipping class so much, and I'm afraid to tell them.
    Show them your grades?
    That would be the "and I'm afraid to tell them."
    Oh.

Well, I'd tell you to get over it, but I'd be a lying bastard if I told ya that my problem wasn't exactly that.

Still, you really really really should tell them. There's no point in studying something you don't wanna do and all that. I know they'll annoy you a lot after that, what with the whole "You have potential" thing (For starters) but...I think it'd be worthwhile.
  • It might help soften the talk a bit if you have a concrete, alternative plan for what you DO want to study.
    ^^Yeah...I probably should, but...argh. They get pissed enough when my grades are merely not good enough for their standards.

^Yeah...no idea.
  • "That's pretty much my situation, except that my parents won't let me withdraw."

Why? Do they realize failure looks much worse on a transcript than withdrawal?

I don't think they know that Failure is on the table.
    They know it's a possibility, but think that if I get tutoring and work hard, I can get presentable grades.

They also think withdrawal looks worse than failure.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...Explain to them clearly that post secondary prefers to see a few withdrawals as that shows you know that you're in over your head than seeing even one failure

Withdrawal is like having never taken the class. Failure is, well, failure. The only time withdrawal is bad is if you do it way too often
  • Still, it's your life. Fill out the withdrawal form anyway if you are sure of failure.
    ^^And would simultaneously withdrawing from all of my classes count as "often?"
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Depends. Since you aren't even going into the same major, it shouldn't. However, failures will hurt your chances of going to another post secondary school (I recall my switch requiring my grades at MRU, despite there being nothing similar between what they offered)
    That's what I thought. My parents insist that it just makes me look like a quitter.
  • edited 2011-11-02 10:51:32
    No rainbow star
    Post secondary prefers a quitter over a failure, because at least a quitter knows when they are in over their head

Heck, ACADs student resources ENCOURAGES wthdrawal if you are under a certain grade
  • It's best not to get too obsessed with not being a quitter. Richard Nixon used to go on about not being a quitter, and you know how that ended up.

If you genuinely are heading for disaster, it's better to stage a strategic retreat and come out with your forces intact than just plod on mindlessly. But you need to have a plan for what to do afterwards.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    So my sister got me a graphic tablet,which I've been wanting since some time.

My computer doesn't recognize it

Whoopie-fucking-doo
  • No rainbow star
    ^ D:

...I miss vorpy ;.; Can't a mod change her avatar to a smiley face or something?
    just go to heapers hangout, geez.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...I keep forgetting about that place
  • heapers hangout?
    http://heapers.vanillaforums.com/ <--- this

Also, this almost makes me want to watch Steins;Gate even though I know I'll hate it.