If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.
    ^ Considering my year at school contained thieves, drug dealers, rapists, paedophiles...
  • edited 2011-10-26 09:47:54
    You can change. You can.
    I was thinking of Saigyouji personal life rather than the sample she mentioned.

EDIT: And she beat me to it.
  • You should do the Scottish thing here. Find where the peado lives and burn is fucking house to the ground. 

It's the only way.
  • No rainbow star
    I'm guessing you found out because the paedophile did something illegal involving children, correct?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    ^ Yup. 26 charges. Webcam stuff, to the best of my knowledge.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...

I'm not even sure what to say to that
  • edited 2011-10-26 12:00:10
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    It is weird when you find out stuff like that.

I did know someone from my old secondary school/6th form who turned out to be a paedo.
    He was found guilty of having images of children on all the ranks of the Copine scale.
    As well as making photos that also covered all the ranks of the Copine scale.

(Copine scale: with level one being the lowest level; and five - including sadism and bestiality - being the highest.)

• No rainbow star
    ^ You do realize that I just found the article despite the redacted part, thus filling in the redacted part, right?

I never got why people bothered censoring city names and other information from stuff they got online. It's never hard to replace REDACTED with a * and find the article and missing information in question...
  • edited 2011-10-26 11:52:51
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Yeah I did think afterwards.

But hey I don't live there anymore, however I've removed it just in case.
  • No rainbow star
    :D So it all worked out!
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I updated my backloggery page yesterday.

I have kept up with YKTTWs, and launched a new trope yesterday (well, in part thanks to someone prematurely launching it, but that got me to do it faster I guess).

I updated my troper page today.
  • No rainbow star
    Which trope did you launch?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    BAD END
    Other things that were also done, in order to do these things and accompanying these activities:

1. Clean up my old YKTTWs.  I've YKTTW'd a lot of things.  Most of these did not succeed in becoming tropes.  What I did was:
    * look at all the old YKTTW links on my troper page, then find out which ones still had content
    * for most of my old YKTTW ideas, write up a summary of the proposed trope if I remember it
    * try to find place on the wiki to archive old YKTTW discussions permanently without them getting deleted after a while
    * ask on forums about this.  I know that forum threads get zapped for inacitvity and so do YKTTW threads.
    *** sandbox: should be permanent but people may cutlist.  discussion page: gets cleared after a while.  No go.
    *** open question (still open): can I use my username as namespace, the way Memes or Expy are used?
    *** decide to just copy text over to userpage since userpage was guaranteed against age-based or inactivity-based deletion.
    * copy text from two YKTTW logs to userpage
    ** add in reply times and usernames to plaintext logs

2. launch page
    * figure out who launched my YKTTW
    ** get help from forums
    ** discover recent launches
    ** curse out lack of "where this was launched to" indicator on already-launched YKTTW pages
    * contact person who launched my YKTTW, hoping to smooth out relations in case Maddy sent him/her an unfriendly PM
    ** be reminded of PM button at the top of normal wiki pages, after trying to figure out how to PM said person
    * launched page
    * cross-referencing new trope with related tropes
    * choosing index for new page, and indexing new page
    * getting post-launch suggestions
    * fixing wording
    * expanding definition beyond controls
    * adding wicks
    * added to Pages Needing Wicks
    * discovered another interesting YKTTW that was launched to discard
    ** contacted creator; discovered that he'd made the page without using the YKTTW launcher

3. backloggery: changing my "now playing" list to become the  "all the games I intend to finish" list
    * go through game lists and see which ones I plan on finishing
    * editing them to give "now playing" status
    * adding/deleting/changing rating of/changing name of a few games

4. wrote up work page for Kendo Rage
    * looked back through Youtube videos of gameplay
    * lots of cross-referencing trope names
    * web search of site:tvtropes.org to see where to change mentions of Kendo Rage to links
    * lots of little edits, clarifying or fixing things, and adding troeps
    * big edit: reorganizing tropes list into categories

4. other things
    * requested custom title for PachelbelsCanonProgression
    * expanded platformer game control schemes on StockControlSettings
    * added redirect from StandardControlSchemes
    * added redirect to RegionCoding from RegionalLockout
    ** added line of text to RegionCoding to indicate that this article isn't just about region codes, but about geoography-based denial of entertainment in general
    * went through watchlist
    * discovered Galaxy Angel, added to "to watch" list
    ** watched one episode of Galaxy Angel
    *** decided I didn't like it, moved to "on-hold" list
    * discovered Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, added to "to watch" list
    * watched one episode of .hack//Sign
    * friended a friend's free account on Steam
    * asked on Steam forums whether a Mann Co. Store purchase in TF2 could cause a free Steam account to become a premium (i.e. paid and full-featured) Steam account, in addition to changing TF2 account from f2p to premium
    ** got an affirmative answer which is likely to be true, since the answer was "putting money in your Steam wallet gives you a paid Steam account"
    Oh, i forgot.  In the course of putting up the page for Kendo Rage:

* notice very interesting phenomenon in game
    * try to find trope
    * cannot find trope
    * ask about it on trope talk "what trope(s) would apply here?"
    * directed to LostAndFound page, which ought to be an entire subforum itself (as should YKTTW; both of these fit a forum format a lot better)
    * other people can't help
    * cannot think of other examples yet; not going to YKTTW yet, start forum thread in videogames forum asking for comment/examples/advice
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Oh my god

• Hmm...NaNoWriMo has good intentions, but the whole "quantity over quality" emphasis and the fact that people may not even read the novels kind of defeats the point. I guess "the point" is really as an anti-procrastination tool, but I don't see the value in that if it doesn't help you be a better writer.

Still, I feel like semi-participating, namely writing something without the word count. Current events are more than enough inspiration after all.

• It get tiring knowing that no one even cares the slightest bit about what you're saying.

Even my IRL friends at least listen.
  • edited 2011-10-26 14:38:19
    a little muffled
    Computer issues update: Found the Ubuntu CD, then remembered it can be booted from. I decided if I was going to reinstall I'd be better off using it to download a more recent version of Ubuntu, but then I decided if I was going to download an OS I might as well pirate Windows instead.

We shall see what happens.

Edit: But we won't see until tomorrow, because my brother yelled at me to slow down my download so he could use the internet.
    > It get tiring knowing that no one even cares the slightest bit about what you're saying.

holy shit I know that feel bro.  Those huge posts I typed up above?  Yeah.
  • edited 2011-10-26 14:47:30
    smote

Hmm...NaNoWriMo has good intentions, but the whole "quantity over quality" emphasis and the fact that people may not even read the novels kind of defeats the point. I guess "the point" is really as an anti-procrastination tool, but I don't see the value in that if it doesn't help you be a better writer.

The best way to be a better writer is to write, right? And NaNoWriMo is just a way to get people to write, by making it an event.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^Not to mention teaching about sticking to deadlines which lots of professional writers can't do. *cough*GeorgeR.R.Martin*cough*
  • You can change. You can.
    Good writers use deadlines as toilet paper, I say.

Anyway, blah, I wish this day would just end, man. i hate having to go everywhere. >_<

also, wishmy university staff didn't know about my asperger. So condescending...
  • Frat meal had rabbit meat this time. Can cross that off on the list of meat of pet animals I've had which I've eaten.

Hopefully it wasn't your pet that you ate.

Because if it was, now all animals will hate you, and your god will also not like you as much.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I really should use my wish wand (not the one that is guaranteed to be found either :D Found it on the second floor) to see if I can get the supplies needed to piss off a god and survive
  • It just bugs me that this video has so many views when there's a better quality video of that scene that is actually synced properly.

One more reason to dislike "The X people who disliked this" comments.

^^ Good luck with that.  No, really.
  • I LOVE Brass Eye!