If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Chrome asks you if you want it to be your default browser and then if you want to import all your data, yeah.

Kinda like firefox.

Slept for three hours. It's so gonna bite me in the ass.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Speaking of Winslow...

That is absolutely fucking glorious and thank you for that Juan.
    The new Extra Credits was kinda disappointing. It was about zombies, which I am sick of, and it didn't open up any new lines of thinking.
    Tee hee
    juan carlos wrote the latest episode of extra credits
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Um...the bit about I Am Legend makes me think they haven't read the book and just watched the (heavily modified) movie.
    I haven't read the book, so I missed that.
    In the book, from what I've heard (haven't read it either, but heard a pretty detailed summary), the vampires (and they're pretty distinctly vampires and not zombies in the book) [are intelligent enough to rebuild society. The protagonist, after being captured and finds this out, realizes that he's the villain, as he's basically an ancient monster of a dead species that's been murdering the modern population.]
    Which is a pretty awesome take on [Humans Are Cthulhu].
    Yep.

"I Am Legend" was not supposed to be an optimistic statement.
    It bears mentioning that the movie did have an original ending release, which is normally recommended on watch by the director himself

that and the fact that The Omega Man was released in 195X
    ^Oh yeah, I did hear about that. IIRC, test audiences thought it was too depressing, so they gave it a generic action movie ending instead.
    Yup.

Which makes me sad as it's exactly the kind of problem with current story telling. It's done to please the audience rather than enthrall them with a story.

They're not mutually exclusive, but sometimes, studios act as if they were.
  • edited 2011-10-26 02:54:27
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I think it's also that test audiences, standard movie cliches and so on can be a really crappy predictor of what would succeed.

After all, Star Wars was expected to be a flop.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Holy crap, Christopher Walken was in Annie Hall?

How did I miss that?
  • So, me an the lady watched Hancock last night. My God. I liked it at first but it got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too trippy by the end.
    After all, Star Wars was expected to be a flop.

TBF, most of the reasoning behind this was because of how expensive production had been and the market in which it was being released as well as the cost of distribution as envisioned by...Lucas, I think (The whole "All theaters at once" thing)

It was way too expensive, really. I don't think Fox's needed the movie to be as sucessful as movies in its time were, it needed to be more succesful.

Lucky for them, it was.
  • Now, I don't know how true it is, but apparently part of Lucas' contract that was he got to hold all merchandising rights to Star Wars because Fox thought it was going to fail anyway.

I bet they regret that.
  • edited 2011-10-26 05:06:01
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It's true and they do. 

I think at the time, a film existing to sell toys must have been unfathomable.

Can you imagine living in a world like that?
  • An astrologer ran into my backwheel while on the way home from the lab. The irony wasn't lost on her, and her insurance will pay for all the stuff, but still, walking everywhere is annoying.

• I need to defrag my hard drive sometime =/
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    @ I am Legend

I really do wish the proper cinema release was closer to the book.
    Especially without the nonsensical Christian butterfly collective shit.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Whee. Found out that one of my old classmates is a paedophile. Ok, I technically already knew that, but I didn't know which classmate it was. Turned out to be one of the few people who wasn't a complete jackass to me. v_v
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Ugh. I pretty much know how to write my college essay as a short story, but it's so cheesy.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

Hehehehehe. I just did something so ballsy and yet so devilishly perverted. I went into a shop and, in full view of complete strangers I bought [redacted]. I'll spare people the details.

Whee. Found out that one of my old classmates is a paedophile. Ok, I technically already knew that, but I didn't know which classmate it was. Turned out to be one of the few people who wasn't a complete jackass to me. v_v

how is it that you were in the same classroom as all those fucks? The mind boggles at times.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

Seeing as the classroom is pretty much an incubator for the general population, you can get all kinds of people. There are pedos and rapists within society. There are future pedos and rapists lurking within the classroom. I wouldn't be surprised to hear anything, except maybe that some of my former fellow pupils have become high-fliers. 

• edited 2011-10-26 09:45:21
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ What Shichi said, though I'm guessing you knew that. Are you referring to them as "fucks" because of how many are pedos, or because of how many were jackasses?