If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It was the one where [Junpei finds Lotus' body and then gets knifed in the back. ]
    It's getting a sequel, if you didn't know.

FUCK YEAH
  • edited 2011-10-25 21:35:44
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    That was my first ending too.

Now, before you restart, have you considered what you could have done to prevent that?

(What I'm doing here is trying to subtly point you toward the most interesting order to get the endings in)
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Urgh having trouble installing new winamp skins. It keeps going to the generic one when I install one.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    [Gone through a different door at the end there, instead of the one that lead to the boiler room?

Or maybe gone through Door 3 way back in the hospital room, so Snake doesn't get killed through there?
    ]
  • edited 2011-10-25 21:46:55
    Yes, that's one thing.

But you should try to figure out who the killer is, so that you can perhaps monitor them at the ending. The game gives you a massive clue in that ending; IIRC, the narration was pretty much explicit about it, if you consider what combinations of numbers are most useful in a Nonary Game.

As for the second option...bear in mind that quite some time (I think an hour) passes between [Snake vanishing and your selecting a door], and that [the explosion comes 81 seconds after passing through a door.]
  • edited 2011-10-25 21:52:01
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh, right.  I forgot the timing of when he disappears/when they go through the doors.

And I suspect [Seven].   Mostly just because [Clover disappeared while she was with him and Lotus, and Lotus got dead too, and he's just been kind of suspicious since the start.]

Also I'm bad with numbers.

• edited 2011-10-25 21:53:30
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Wait, hold on.  [1 + 8 = 9...]

I THINK I MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING
  • edited 2011-10-25 21:52:47
    You are indeed bad with numbers.

The murderer in that ending is a pure numbers puzzle. The game outright says so. Consider the end goal that everyone on the ship has.

Ah, ninja'd. You're thinking now.
  • edited 2011-10-25 21:55:45
    Was the minimum amount of people that can pass through a door two or three?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Three.

But nine is by far the most advantageous number to be able to form. Do you realize why? Play around with digital roots a bit.
    Hmmm...

And yeah, I just thinking about it more from a murder-mystery standpoint than a math standpoint.
    Yeah, math is everything here.

At least, in terms of the Nonary Game. There's some other stuff >_>

So do you know what you're going to do next?

Also, do you know your Japanese numbers 1-9?
    I know up to five.  I think.

Ichi, ni, san, shi, go
  • edited 2011-10-25 22:01:38
    Note that four is generally said as "yon," because that's not a homophone for "shi" as in "death."

6="roku"
    7="nana"
    8="hachi"
    9="kyu"

Learn these. The story has at least one plot element that doesn't make any sense translated and isn't explained in the English version.
    Gotcha.  And I'm going to [try  going through Door number 1 at the end instead of six].
    Definitely do that.

One more suggestion: when you do that, you should have a good idea of what you want to do afterwards.

I'd suggest opening the third choice out of the final set before proceeding with the plan you'll have formulated at that point, just to make sure you know what each option yields.
  • No rainbow star
    So close to 5000 posts...
  • Why does it seem that subbing vs dubbing debates tend to be vastly improved when media other than Japanese cartoons are taken into account?
  • Yep, 5000 posts.
    ^^^ Alright.

Also, it's kind of a pain in the ass to have to go through the puzzles again.
  • edited 2011-10-25 22:41:01
    They're easier when you've already done them.

Incidentally, what rooms are you doing this time? Are you varying things a bit before the last decision?
  • No rainbow star
    Only 3998 posts left until we are over 9000! :D
  • edited 2011-10-25 22:43:17
    ^^ ...Should I be?
    Well, don't you want to know what's in them?
    I'm afraid of accidentally triggering another route.

Which is probably silly, and next playthrough I'll try other rooms. I'm too far to go back now.
    You won't.

Are you actually on the last room already? If not, take time to try other stuff.

Remember, the whole point of replays is to gather information.
  • Pre-ordered Uncharted 3. I also get extra goodies from EB Games as a result of ordering from them.

^_^
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Question, Chrome-users. If I switch to Chrome is there a way to transfer my favorites, homepage, etc.?
    Most likely.

I don't know how, though.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^When you initially install it will ask you if you want to transfer bookmark data from another browser.