If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I blame the snowclones...and I'd post in that, but as my liveblog/let's play...thing says, I suck at naming things. >.>

...Also, someone should totally help me name that character so I can start cutting things.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    My notification count went from 11 to 40 in one day. :D

/lolepeen.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Thought as much. I'll bump it once the fad dies
  • You can change. You can.
    So I've slept (Sorta) and I'm fed. Time to watch the second episode of K-On and see if I'm a moefag in the making or if I can keep berating and mocking Malkavian.
    >if I'm a moefag in the making or if I can keep berating and mocking Malkavian.

http://1d4chan.org/images/2/25/Choose_your_next_words_carefully.png">

Choose your next words with exceptional care.
  • $80+ per session
    -buys Arkham City

-turns game on

-jizzes all over xbox
  • a little muffled
    Might want to clean that up.
  • I made this, but it doesn't warrant its own thread, so here it is:

• No rainbow star
    ^ ...It looks like a goat had a mishap with a tire iron
  • edited 2011-10-18 20:48:29
    To be or not to be? That is the question.
    @Neo_Crimson: Ah yes, I remember that famous scene from Final Liberation...
  • edited 2011-10-18 22:55:09
    I see someone has taken note of my sardonic quip about Forum Games.
  • I stay away for 8 hours and this happens.

I always miss the good stuff.
  • So...many...snowclones...

And I haven't really posted here enough to get in on any of them. :(
    So, watched the second episode of K-On

I am become moefag, worshipper of moeshit.

or something

although I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Yui and how pseudocute she is at times. 
  • One of us. One of us.
  • edited 2011-10-19 00:21:34
    I'm bored =/

Hmm...do I liveblog the Crysis games mostly just to go "neener-neener I'm doing the opposite of what you want" to Cygan, or finish ME2 and liveblog that instead?
    Do ME2 because it's actually a good game with a plot you can comment on, even if it's a relatively lazy and episodical one when it comes to Bioware games.
    >although I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Yui and how pseudocute she is at times.

There may be hope for you yet, Obi Juan.
  • "although I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Yui and how pseudocute she is at times."

So there's still hope.

The thing that irks me the most about her is that her social anxiety and klutziness is portrayed as endearing rather than things she should grow out of. That's a good message to send to the audience.

• Do ME2 because it's actually a good game with a plot you can comment on,
    even if it's a relatively lazy and episodical one when it comes to
    Bioware games.
    NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU WANT
  • Games with plots do seem like better liveblog fodder.
    Mind, I still sympathize. I remember buying my first guitar and going "Why is it not a les paul :(" but then I went with a Stratocaster and I'm a-OK with that.

The thing that irks me the most about her is that her social anxiety and klutziness is portrayed as endearing rather than things she should grow out of. That's a good message to send to the audience.

They're portrayed as endearing, but we're still supposed to laugh at her, but not in a "lol what an idiot" sort of way so much as "what an adorable idiot :3" sort of way. Make of that what you will, but I don't think the show is or should be aiming for anything but comedy. It's what it wants to be.

It's like complaining because Basil Fawlty or Edmund Blackadder are assholes, really.
  • Games with plots do seem like better liveblog fodder.
    I believe I shall race to finish ME2 and start it again then.
    See, I'm always right.
  • Who the hell is this guy

Seriously
    It's OK. You're just mad because I swore in your Facebook.

that reminds me, I should do that more often. :3
  • I leave it there if I like the person who swore.
  • "It's like complaining because Basil Fawlty or Edmund Blackadder are assholes, really."

I guess. But along those lines, she still rubs me the wrong way. Like Colette from Tales of Symphonia, who I know a lot of people like.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I disliked K-On!, but I'm not sure where to begin explaining why. I guess I dislike the way it squandered its musical elements. Don't expect the band plot to go anywhere, Juan, because it's basically just an excuse for the band members to do cute things. There's no real tension, apart from the brunette teacher whose name escapes my mind. She's a character with an actual conflict, albeit presented humorously, but she doesn't get much screen time.

I guess I was expecting to see something like Haruhi meets Beck, but all I got was moeshit moeshit moeshit and it was incredibly boring. Plus, there's an undercurrent of trivialisation towards the musical element and the characters themselves. It's kinda like "Haha, girls taking music seriously?". To my memory, none of them struggle with their instruments much, nor do they go out of their way to learn technique or anything. One thing I loved about Beck, for instance, is how Koyuki's struggles with learning informed part of the drama; his musical aspirations informed his preferred future, and so his limitations as a musician were nails in the coffin of that. He had to struggle onwards under often trying conditions, economically, academically and socially.

Essentially, the music is an accessory given to young women to make them seem more cute. Rather than being part of the characters, humour or plot, it's almost purely peripheral. When real life musical endeavours have more plot than a work of media, you've probably got something of a problem. 'Cause you know what it's like working towards a skill level you're happy with, but none of them, least of all Yui, have any amateur aspirations. They don't seem to want musical careers, which is fair enough, but I'd expect any musician who likes what they do aspire to a skill level.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I am become moefag, worshipper of moeshit.

:3