If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > $1 tier
    > Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt

> $8 tier
    > Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt"

> $15
    > Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt'"

win

Sadly, the bundle does not feature the following works:
    * Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt"'"
    * Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt'"'"
    * Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt"'"'
    Courtesy of @Naas_Human linking to pastebin:
    a diver
    a humpback whale
    a man tearful with joy
    a boy dancing in a locker room
    a young couple kissing
    a car
    a car moving
    a car moving at a distance
    a car moving
    a car's grille
    a car moving
    brief view of leather
    a car moving
    a car's dashboard
    a man taking in sights on a mountain
    a woman exercising
    the locker room boy celebrating victory
    a man standing by another car
    a man enjoying the view on a mountain

Mazda
    feel alive
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I have no idea why but hyper-ripped mid-2000s jeans are back. I mean, you'd think once something was lampooned like 15 times in Mad Magazine (when that still existed) would die for good, but nope.

You know what's even worse than ripped jeans? Colorful tights or fishnet stockings under ripped jeans, it's not clever.

It always amuses me how jeans were meant to be this worker-type garment and they were adopted by the masses for their authenticity factor, but then since worker-jeans had holes at the knee because of all the kneeling they were protecting their owners from people decided to artificially slash them at the knee to make them completely ineffective as a knee-protecting garment.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I always wondered how and why jeans became a standard everyday thing to wear.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Jeans with pre-made holes always struck me as something vaguely wrong, for the same reason.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    On the Polish Digg variant, there is a 1400+ replies thread (200+ is many, 400+ is huge) that started with a discussion on XVI century Cistercian metallurgy, and spread out onto philosophy of Peter Singer, capitalism, and Spiderman memes. It's kind of crazy. Also, there's plenty of ancap memes I guess I'll soon post in the images thread.
    I'm kind of surprised Polish Digg is more of a thing than Actual Digg is.
    Spiderman memes

course

Today I saw a jar of marshmallow fluff that was "Artificial Strawberry" flavoured. Like, it literally said "artificial" on the bottle. I thought it was particularly loud in the era of organic non-GMO products.
    It's because the Polish one doesn't have to compete with any sort of Polish reddit. It pretty much plays the same role as reddit (including being a den of redpillers and other silliness), but it's based on Digg code and even references it in its name (Wykop, which means either "dig!" or, roughly speaking, "a dugout" or "a pit").
  • edited 2018-07-15 18:04:19
    Aww, I wanted both teams to win somehow. Poor checkerboards, they were my favourite underdoggos after all my other favourite underdoggos got rekt. I wonder what they'll say at the Alliance Française about it. Come to think of it I've never met someone from a country that had just won the World Cup, but I guess I will.

Also I was bitten by a cat.
    Yup, kind of a pity even when you acknowledge the French.
  • edited 2018-07-17 14:28:27
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    A few days ago I finally finished my complete rewatch of Gossip Girl. It was way worth it, and it really reinforced the themes I really loved about the show. Outside of the obvious shallow things like the clothes and setting (they filmed in the actual city of New York!, as every DVD extra reminds you) there was also the subtle themes of family, legacy and status that were always there to kind of elevate it.

I don't think there's any show like it, which makes me really sad because I'd like to find one and watch it. It was a show where the characters were just allowed to shine (by which I mean make every mistake five times over because they never learned) and there was never anything too big aside from a Royal Wedding. Like, it sustained itself for 120+ episodes without resorting to becoming a murder mystery, so it was always fun without a ridiculous amount of tension.

I think I'll start a thread and dump all the quotes I took over six seasons in it soon.

The only regret I have (aside from how short Jenny and Eric's cameos were) is that Rufus and Lily didn't end up together. I mean, forget Dan and Serena, I want my over 50s ship to succeed. It's even worse because William gets back together with Lily by manipulating the girl who almost stole her house into getting her to sleep with Rufus and blackmailing her current husband (who was evil, so I guess that was for the best?).

It's also some very weird messaging for the Van der Woodsen women. Serena's future husband gaslit her and all of her friends for six years straight, and Lily's did every terrible thing he could think of short of killing someone (and this is two years after he diagnosed her with fake cancer to get back together with her).

Also no matter what anybody says Carter Baizen was the best Serena boyfriend ever (even though he was Blair's boyfriend first, and he apparently once went out with her lingerie on as per Columbia minion) and he should have come back for the final season.
  • A cousin sent me a mouse, so I can replace the duct-taped one with the broken scroll wheel button I had, though eventually I learned how to press it (push it to the side, then down). I wonder if I should keep using it until it dies completely.

On bad news, the battery from my mother's phone (the one we gifted her about 6 months ago) is malfunctioning, it's getting bulged up and the phone constantly turns off. I don't think it'll be possible to get another one.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    another phone or another battery?
  • Another battery.
    That kind of sucks, delicately speaking.
  • I played Monopoly today. Finished 3rd out of 7, I was hoping good rolls from me and a bad roll from #2 would take him out before me, but it didn't happen and in fact he lasted like 10-20 turns after I went into bankruptcy. In hindsight trading him the orange property he needed for a monopoly in exchange for both companies and some money early in the game wasn't a good idea. I had a good run, but I remembered why people hate that game.

Also I've noticed I've been turning increasingly eager to get into internet slapfights.
  • edited 2018-07-28 16:46:02
    Today I looked through my closet and accepted my laid-back nature. That is, I purged all the formal (and informal) long-sleeved shirts and short sleeved shirts and all things that weren't T-shirts or polos that I promised myself I would start wearing when I got them and then never ever did start wearing.

Like, I'm old now and the presumption is that to work in a formal environment I should dress formally, but I've been at this whole T-shirt/Henley thing for so long that I actually start feeling weird if my forearm is covered and it's not the dead of winter.

Also I got Pokémon Trading Cards. I was really happy because I got two booster packs and that netted me two evolutions across them and a super special shiny diamond Giratina card.

...and I realize that this post as a whole makes me sound like an early 00's neckbeard.
  • edited 2018-07-31 12:26:53
    I feel like lately the news has been 50% things that happened on social media, usually twitter.

I mean, this is basically me on my old man lawn chair in the recesses of the internet, but it really feels as if the world that used to happen outside now just happens on your phone apparently, even though the two things aren't the same.

I'm not actually on social media at all aside from twitter for keeping up with anime stuff, but even then I feel as if I want to get off it as soon as possible because of all the negative stuff it keeps inciting in the world. I mean, it seems like it's mostly used as an indignation generator of some sort.

I really don't want to get to a can't live with/can't live without scenario with it, so I'll probably quit while I'm still vaguely ahead and go back to my archaic way of keeping up with stuff via e-mail newsletters and lurking on Japanese aggregator sites.
  • I get that impression too sometimes.

I'm making use of the fact that recovering your password is a hassle to take Twitter vacations, not so much to avoid indignation fuel but because time is better spent elsewhere.
  • edited 2018-07-31 19:06:50
    There was a load of net splits on Esper earlier and now it seem even things like NickServ still aren't back up.

edit: now I'm disconnected too, even though things went back up and other people reconnected minutes earlier so I can't tell what's going on anymore.

edit again: I think it's back to normal again.
  • edited 2018-08-01 14:29:01
    No (non-mobile) internet again, and I'm kinda needing it now.

I've been worrying that one of these days I might lose my internet connection indefinitely.

Edit: Yeah, just checked, some cable stealers had a field day last night, and unlike last time, there's no obvious way to fix their mess. My posting frequency is going to plummet.
    A priest removed from the parish for excessive greed cast a curse on the locals after carrying away every piece of furniture belonging to the parish that was not nailed down.

As the replacement priest arrived, the old one was still there. Didn't feel like going anywhere yet. A quarrel erupted, during which the new one complained about the fact that the kitchen hand took her part in the discussion instead of staying in the kitchen.

Luckily for the parishioners, the local bishop sided with them and cast a dispel on the curse.

The removed priest was assigned to preside over a different parish.

Meanwhile in Poland.
  • edited 2018-08-02 13:28:04
    I wonder if somebody somewhere actually nails down their furniture.

Speaking of looting protection, My neighbor* actually saw the cable thieves, apparently they were a family (a man, a woman, a young boy and an old man). My neighbor didn't say/do anything, afraid that they'd hold a vendetta against him/us, nor did he tell us or call the police (he doesn't trust them, not without reason but apparently cable robbery is one of the crimes they actually care about).

I wonder how much the copper from power cables cost, I feel like it should be a crime with very high risk-to-reward and low benefit-to-self/damage-to-others ratios (not that the thieves care about the latter).

* the one that regularly watches over my uncle's home, who no longer lives here and whose home is in the same plot as ours, i.e. this affects him too.
    Dunno about you guys and the way you put it sounds like a very different situations, but here we've had bums stealing rail traction to sell it at junkyards for vodka money. Overseeing the junkyards was an important part of the policy to halt these kinds of crimes.
  • For a bit I read that as if they stole the actual rails. Fortunately the real events weren't as much of a (literal) trainwreck.

As for extravagant robbery, occasionally they try to steal cables from power sub-stations, sometimes receiving deadly shocks while at it.

There was also that time some burglars stole disease samples from a research lab, though despite this being taken straight from a movie plot AFAIK nothing came out of that.
    There was also that time some burglars stole disease samples from a research lab, though despite this being taken straight from a movie plot AFAIK nothing came out of that.

calling @fourteenwings for plot writer
  • edited 2018-08-04 05:28:45
    I'm not good at being put on the spot!

*ahem*

I'm guessing the genre they didn't realize their to their movie was "horror" and one of the the diseases they stole was a secret experimental pathogen developed by a mysterious scientist who was trying to develop a means for her blind son to see again. [pseudoscience] Instead of using stem cells, she decided to hijack a bacteria's enzyme production so it would infect the subject's brain and excrete a chemical that would result in the rapid production of an enzyme that would stimulate dormant or dead ocular nerves. [end-pseudoscience]

Instead the bacteria produced a psychobiochemical* reaction in it's victims, leading to them suffering from extreme hallucinations that would ultimately result in long, drawn out, violent psychotic breaks.

As the thieves run off into the most convenient large woodland from which nobody can escape, a group of bored teenagers look to build a tree-house. Leading the group is that same scientist's blind son, who was taken away from home when his mother blinded herself and so she could test her own treatment.

brb calling Blumhouse Pictures I have their next treatment right here~

*this is apparently an actual word, and yes I did like .5 seconds of research for this
    AFAIK nothing came out of that.

To be honest, this still sounds like a part of a movie plot. You know...
    *containment successful*

Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
    I wonder why the most popular business reporters all act as if they've just injected themselves with a liter of liquid cocaine. Maybe not "all", but both Richard Quest (CNN) and Aaron Hesslehurst (BBC) seem like they lost the bit of their minds that contained a) their filters and b) non-shouty voice-modules.

Here is a collage I actually spent time making of a lot of Aaron Hesslehurt's weirder moments (and these haven't stopped, he's always making more of his "Million Dollar Idea" videos).

Ever since I finished watching Gossip Girl, I've become much more patient. I used to be unable to sit through the news without something to distract me (usually window shopping on my tablet) but now I can watch like half an hour in one sitting without much else to do.