If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Meanwhile in Peru: a certain Hitler Alba runs for mayor of the city of Yungar. His campaign motto is "Hitler is back". He claims to be the good Hitler, unlike the other one. His start was protested by a local citizen, a certain Lennin Vladimir.

I'm not making this up, blame the newspaper. It says such naming of children is relatively common in Latin America. Since we've got some of us from there, I guess we can refer to them for confirmation.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I just had one of my most inconsequential tweets blow up unexpectedly.

What happened?
    His campaign motto is "Hitler is back".

Such a bad idea.
  • edited 2018-10-07 17:09:39
    There was also the Equatorian president with the Hitler 'stache.

In Spanish, Vladimir (or Vladimiro) isn't a terribly rare name, Lenin is less common but still there (e.g. the current president of Ecuador). Hitler definitely isn't though. Also Adolfo is a reasonably common name, and not associated with Hitler (the good one nor the other one).
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I just had one of my most inconsequential tweets blow up unexpectedly.

What happened?

Basically:

1. Ted Cruz, who's running for re-election to represent Texas in the U.S. Senate, tweets a minute-long video of his opponent saying that it's wrong for an innocent person to have a police officer who lives in the same building as them enter their home without proper legal reason for doing so and then shoot them dead (and then claim it was an accident of mistaking what floor the officer was on).

2. People are like, dude, Ted, wtf, you just tweeted something in support of your opponent. Some people are speculating that this was to rile up closet racist types because his opponent mentioned that the police officer is white and the victim was black, trying to make this into a "#blacklivesmatter vs. respect for law enforcement" wedge issue. But meanwhile...

3. One person tweets "Maybe he attacked the wrong video", then corrects himself by tweeting "Attached".

4. I respond with "well, both"

5. +2 retweets, +137 likes
    Yeah I have no idea.

I used to not believe people when they said things like "I don't follow politics, it's too depressing/etc".

That was before twitter showed me how wrong I was.
  • edited 2018-09-30 14:21:49
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    In a rare example of a really, really fun celebrity story; I am so glad I live in the same world as Lindsay Lohan.

By the way are we doing a Halloween avatar theme this year?
    By the way are we doing a Halloween avatar theme this year?

We should. What should we do?
    place yourselves on this personality chart

1515178264_OJdonalds.png

don't mind the 100% Orange Juice characters
  • edited 2018-10-01 03:53:47
    About 70% "We have food at home" and 30% "MCDONALDS! MCDONALDS! MCDONALDS!", about where the blonde character with red eyes is.

I don't think I've ever ordered black coffee anywhere. Milk coffee or nothing. Plus, we have coffee at home.
    Probably in the "We have food at home" camp but kiiiiinda "MCDONALDS! MCDONALDS! MCDONALDS!" at times so like a 90/10 split. So like light blonde with super green eyes.
    we have coffee at home.

mind=blown
    What should we do?

I thought we'd just do "scary avatars woooo" but if there's a more specific theme anybody has in mind I'm all for it.
  • edited 2018-10-01 20:58:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    HH is doing halloween username changes. we could copy them, or we could do something else i guess.

i can also change site theme to something dark. i think. i'm not sure if that option still works.
  • HH is doing halloween username changes.

Yeah, but, fuck that place.
  • No name changes.
    HH is doing halloween username changes.

Yeah, but, fuck that place.
    I know you disagree with some of the people there on political ideology, but please, let's keep it civil and restricted to topics relevant to that subject.
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    No name changes.

a) agreed
    b) you're one to taaaalk~
    i can also change site theme to something dark.

As somebody greatly opposed to such changes I think I can live with it for a month.

It'd be fun to get a Christmas theme too, whilst we're on the topic. Something with lots of green.
    The themes, unfortunately, are kinda old and I'm not sure they're compatible with this version. As in, the newest dark theme I can find is from 2016 and I think we've had a Vanilla update since then.

Alternatively we could simply change the colors of the current theme, individually. UE would have to do that; there's no UI for me to do it.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Meanwhile in the media, I just saw this headline: dead comet shaped like a skull will pass near Earth shortly after the Day of the Dead. (Yeah, it's that one.)
    If this isn't the setup of the real life 70s B-movie I will be very sad.
    Inspired by journalists taking things too seriously, I was reading this article earlier when I came across the term bête noir* which was like... what the heck BBC journalist what even is that?

It's also misspelled, apparently.
  • Languages change and evolve, thus terms like that enter and leave our vocabulary at a whim and it's an uphill battle to stop them from doing so. But still, we must endure in our endless struggle to hold off that tragedy and maintain language purity for at least one more day.
    I mean, if Russian trolls are actually a big part of why each and every single issue seem so ridiculous lately I'm almost about to feel happier.

But... it wasn't just them, obviously.

also am I the only one doing a Halloween avatar then
  • I was gonna wait until we're closer to Halloween but ehh, I just switched.
  • edited 2018-10-10 06:29:42
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    https://shop.hotcactus.la/collections/plants

this store catalogue reads like something out of a videogame

with a starting price of the lowest item at a semi-high price (for a small potted plant at least) and then various things listed but sold out and then one super-expensive rare item labeled for sale at an insane price.

----

i should pick out a Halloween avatar.

edit: hmm, here's one. it's literally an official halloween pic for this OC.

just not a birthday pic though. there's a birthday pic; that's the one I'm using on HH.

I mean, both work for me.
    Thought of the day: "Life is like chess - not everyone is white."
    Cherokee Inc, a multinational fashion conglomerate, owns a franchise called the Flip Flop Shops. They are now officially my favorite multinational fashion conglomerate.

Lately there's been this undercurrent of anti-fast fashion in the fashion media, but I think it's actually trying to cut at the good ready to wear lines out there that do business well enough in favor of luxury brands. Creating a dichotomy makes them look even better than they did before, I guess.

On my end, I think I'm going to go into middle-end fashion conglomerate brands, store-owned brands or other smaller stuff. Aside from Nautica (which I will always love forever) I haven't really seen anything from the big brands that has made me believe their stuff is any better in any way aside from like, economy-independent hyper-price tag inflation.
    Thought of the day: "Tomorrow will be better - alas, everyday's always today."
  • The bad news is that today was worse than yesterday. The good news is that today is better than tomorrow.
  • edited 2018-10-15 14:04:03
    Edit: Repeat.