If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Glenn why don't you hang out with me ever u.u
  • edited 2016-10-06 20:57:09
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Because my life is pretty crazy and I'm also no longer in the northern Virginia area.  Yes, that's how crazy it is; I basically just suddenly up and left the place this summer for complicated reasons.
  • Hmm, I see. Oh well. u_u
  • Good luck, and don't let the hurricane claim your soul:

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Pfft, I was born on Halloween myself. That shit is my element.

Also someone was too bored and had access to photoshop.
  • @glennmagusharvey I survived. Massive rain and wind, but our electricity held through. You?
    Yeah, same here.  We had everything shuttered up so I missed the show.  Oh well.  Electricity service held up, too.  Still very windy though but basically a decent day today.

Let's see if Matthew doubles back to hit south Florida harder in a week.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Immensely enjoying the fact that you ignore the paywall of the Washington Post by stopping the loading of the page halfway. 
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    What is your stance on dated memes? Still funny, or only the hot stuff matters?
  • I'm all about the ancient memes no one will understand.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Yeah, sometimes I like to bring these up as a remembrance of their once-greatness.
  • edited 2016-10-09 22:31:36
    I'm all about the ancient memes no one will understand.

Not even Doom music justifies forgetting about lol, internet.  Or Poland.
  • I miss college.

I'll be going back soon enough, I suppose...
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I haven't left in 7 years. I feel fuckin' old.
    Been feeling fuckin' old for a while.
  • edited 2016-10-10 11:17:33
    I haven't (technically) left in 10 years. I feel fuckin' old.

But yeah, I too miss my university.
  • edited 2016-10-10 16:10:57
    Right outside, I just now saw an egret trying to eat ducklings, but the ducklings were being closely guarded by a duck.

After a while of the egret closely following the duck (and ducklings), the duck got sick of it and chased away the egret.

For reference, I think this is a great egret and a muscovy duck that we're talking about here.
  • I feel like an old person that wants to be a kid again. I would love to be a little girl and have friends and perhaps not suffer from bullying, abuse, and mental illness. I would probably turn out to be a well adjusted adult with a stable career and a social life. I don't mind how I am now and I've been, umm, healing, I guess, but I'm still kinda lonely and bored. >>
    There's a lot of things I'd do differently with my life if I could go back in time, too...
  • Really though, I'm lucky to have a home and a computer and some food and some degree of freedom. The world is a very nasty place where lives are destroyed regularly. Even if I'm lonely and bored, it could certainly be worse. u_u
    True.  We should be thankful for what we have.
  • I wish we could hang out again and play nerdy games. >>
    If I could go back in time... daaamn, that'd be a lot more life to waste.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    If I could go back in time I'd probably waste it on preordering things I missed when I was too young to care.
    For some reason, I've found myself generally a bit skeptical of official merchandise.  It's not because it's official, but usually because something feels tacky about it.

Maybe it's just that it doesn't quite serve how I like to interact with things.  Collections of plushies and figurines just aren't really my thing (plushies might be closer), but more generally it just might be that I don't have much of a habit of collecting merchandise because I've historically (1) had no budget for them (and didn't much dare to ask my parents to buy them for me) and (2) actually had reason to hide them because there wasn't much social context in which they were appropriate conversation.

It's grown a little in recent years, though mostly in the form of CDs.
  • >hiding your own property
    That feels dishonest on some level. But then I have loads of things just vaguely "in storage".
    CDs are a socially acceptable kind of collection, yeah.
    I actually misphrased that -- I meant hiding my own interests, because there was no real place in conversations with my peers or with my parents for Voltron, or Pokémon, or Mega Man, or whatever sundry videogames I happened to have played.

Though sometimes even these days I do get some flak from my parents for, for example, buying a messenger bag with the image of Homura Akemi on it.  Note that to them, the image says nothing about the character nor about the series she stars in, but rather, it simply says "Japanese cartoon", which is objectionable in two ways because they think I should (1) not like Japan so much (which I actually don't but that's not going to stop these sorts of reactions) and (2) have outgrown my taste for cartoons long ago.  So needless to say that bag seldom gets used.
  • Pokémon, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya etc. were too mainstream not to participate, but I've always hidden my power level when it comes to video games. *shrug*
  • A wise raven hides her talons. :D