If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh, I figured out why.  Thankfully, it's not a spammer's list.

Going into the about section for that page, I noticed that I recognize one of the names.  It's an old acquaintance from high school.  I don't know this person very well (and no, I won't say who it is), and apparently 'ey don't know my tastes, or 'ey just added 'eir entire friends list.

Fine, fair enough, Facebook.  But you should have at least told me it was from this person.

• Champion of the Whales

Move to England, and you can get snow on a yearly basis.

Maybe in Southern England but in real England, it either rains or the snow misses us.

But when it snows, London is completely paralyzed for a week due to having to use hand-shovels.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I met a Croatian guy and girl once.  They're married, and they live in the United States.  He has a fan club in Japan.

Huh, really? Is he a celebrity or something like that, maybe I've heard of him.

Okay, more like man and woman.

http://www.kemalgekic.com/

• Grades: In sane countries we use a 01-20 scale, with 09 and below being a fail (and thus they begin with a soul-crushing "zero").

• edited 2013-01-17 16:51:09
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^^ Ah, a pianist. His name sounds familiar, I think I might have heard of him before.

• edited 2013-01-17 17:17:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Now I feel bad about yelling at my friend's film since it's really important to them.

That said, I identified the source of the problem.

Note this quote from the e-mail:

Since you're already subscribed to their email updates off of Facebook

If I click the "unsubscribe" link I am treated to a page that contains this quote:

You may receive emails from Pages through Facebook when they invite you to become a fan of their Page.

Turns out this tells me that it's my friend (or some other staff person associated with the film) who added my name to their Facebook e-mail list.

But no, the e-mail had to imply that somehow, either I or someone else already put me on an off-Facebook e-mail list associated with the item shown in that Facebook page.

Facebook, update your wording.

@Noimporta: I feel like i just wandered into Strange Land for twenty minutes.

This fucking comic.

Ha, that's brilliant. 

• That was too depressing for me to finish.

• edited 2013-01-17 18:30:58
    Has friends besides tanks now

It's snowing.

I had heard legends about this sort of thing, but only now am I sure that they were true.

you know what

tò^ót

what are the o's

upper arm muscle bunches?

• Cheeks, probably.

My last birthday spent in Connecticut was snowed in.  It was the scariest Halloween ever in a meta and entirely realistic sense, so scary that authorities advised parents not to let their children go outside for trick-or-treating, between all the branches, snow, and downed power lines.

• edited 2013-01-17 18:15:52
    Has friends besides tanks now

The o's are supposed to be eyes; the apostrophes were supposed to be angry eyebrows.

EDIT: Fixed it to make it more recognizable.

• You could have used ò and ó.

• Done pasting promo for jazz festival around: it's so much easier to dump flyers and posters at bars then it is to get bars to participate in donating their tips to charity. Also, multiple people have called me an IRL trollface this week. I need to cut back down on my internet time.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Thanks, DYRE. Still don't know any special keys or anything, and I was too lazy to look up accented letters.

Facebook can be an excellent source of random humor.

Guy 1: So many people with huge heads in one place, it's terrible.

Guy 2: You're stupid like a tropic dick.

Guy 1: Your head is like an icicle.

Guy 3: May your balls swell up, you idiots.

• edited 2015-08-01 22:24:50
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

(edited 'cause stupid.)

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Are there any userscripts or add-ons that improve youtube's layout? after the last change, I just find the whole thing to be a clusterfuck.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Are there any userscripts or add-ons that improve youtube's layout? after the last change, I just find the whole thing to be a clusterfuck.

You sound as if you think 'no' could even be a possible answer to this question.

I myself am actually fine with the current YouTube layout as is, but there are so many people who hate it for one reason or another that I'm sure a quick search of userscripts.org or your browser's official addons repository should be all you need to make it easier on yourself.

If not, then ask me what else you want changed and I could probably rig something up for you. Or even better, learn how to write your own extensions.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Speaking of userscripts:

Still searching for a thread ignore extension in vain, though.

Want me to have a go at writing one for you? It can't be too hard...

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

I tried looking in the past, I got magic actions which adds some nice additional features, like blackening the background and auto-repeat (even though youtube, again, broke the repeat option).

I'm mainly looking for a way to use the old system for finding related videos, since the current system is now a lot more arbitrary.

Recommended (but irrelevant) videos is now a thing, as are featured (but also irrelevant) videos.

• edited 2013-01-17 22:42:53
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I'm mainly looking for a way to use the old system for finding related videos, since the current system is now a lot more arbitrary.

I haven't had a look at the YouTube API yet, but I'm guessing that the related videos list is generated by an internal server-side function of YouTube, therefore what you are asking for probably can't be achieved unless someone is willing to take the entirety of the old system and re-implement it for use by a client-side script.

And that's assuming someone could even make an accurate reproduction of the old system without a few choice server-side functions that would require direct access to YouTube's source code.

An addon of this variety is (probably) not impossible, though, and there could well be someone out there who shares your interests enough to actually make it. But I assure you I am not that someone.

• edited 2013-01-17 22:45:44
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

My roommate had his friend over to play DOTA, normally this is only mildly annoying but I had an important Skype call coming up. I tell them exactly this and ask them to leave, and they said they would.

They didn't. And they didn't even when I reminded them.

Now I've been forced up to the 5th lobby to get some peace and quiet.

Yet another item on the very long list of annoying shit my roommate has done.

• You can change. You can.

Can't ask for a switch of any sort?