If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

Y

• You can change. You can.

The Last Man

• edited 2013-01-11 12:52:57
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Yveltal.png

• insanityAddict: sure, cause some hoopla.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, I'm at work for the first time in weeks. Feels weird.
  • Here's to you, Intertubes, for ruining another thing:

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think I've figured out my abilities, as far as tastes in media go: Obliviousness and Own Tempo.

• That is glorious.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Apparently my car handles better at 78+ MPH than between 55-77. And by that I mean the wheel stops shaking.
  • Champion of the Whales

Apparently my car handles better at 78+ MPH than between 55-77. And by that I mean the wheel stops shaking.

I;d have that car looked at
  • Welp, I managed to watch two out of the three movies I wanted to see before going on vacation. The problem is that my brother and sister (20 and 16) already went to see Wreck-it Ralph, and my other sister (13) doesn't want to... I usually don't have a problem going to the movies alone, but, you know...  I guess I'll wait until it's on DVD, at least I'll avoid the Latin American dub.

• "Welp, I managed to watch two out of the three movies I wanted to see before going on vacation. The problem is that my brother and sister (20 and 16) already went to see Wreck-it Ralph, and my other sister (13) doesn't want to..."

Yeah, that's happened to me a lot. My brothers end up seeing a movie before me, and then there's finangling with schedules to do.

• Seriously, though, by the end of February, I think I'll have gone to the cinema more times than in all of 2012.

• edited 2013-01-12 19:12:01
    Has friends besides tanks now

I;d have that car looked at

I suppose. I hadn't really considered it a big deal at this point because it's never actually stopped me from being able to drive, or anything, and it's driven about 2500 miles with no issues between summer and now. I just thought it was funny that the wheel stops vibrating and stabilizes if you go even faster.

• edited 2013-01-12 19:57:09

It happens with all mechanical systems under an harmonic force (which can arise from a bumpy road). Simplifying things a bit, there's a frequency (resonance frequency) where the vibration's amplitude reaches a maximum and a higher (or lower) frequency means its amplitude will be less (although the system will soon vibrate to that new frequency), this is because at this frequency the force will be aiding the system's "springs" (not necessarily literal springs) in perfect synchrony. This is why on swings you move at specific intervals to keep the thing going.

I get jealous when I see others posting things related to their degrees.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

at least I'll avoid the Latin American dub

Personal preference or avoiding La Chilindrina?

• Personal preference, I generally prefer things with their original voice acting. Exceptions are Cowboy Bebop and Darker Than Black (for stylistic reasons) and Dragon Ball Z (for "grown ass men shouldn't sound like little girls" reasons).

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I had a laugh at my friend when I dragged him to the theater and he got the nice surprise that Maria Antonieta de Las Nieves can't fake a little child's voice.

• a little muffled

Apparently I am completely incapable of going to sleep after finishing a book.

• You can change. You can.

Music video shoot is over. Been away for exactly 24 hours. Can't sleep, the gods will eat me.

• Just came back from gran. It's reassuring to see someone nearing 90 still having a dry sense of humour.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."
  • edited 2013-01-13 20:38:25
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://torrentfreak.com/verizons-six-strikes-anti-piracy-measures-unveiled-130111/

https://torrentfreak.com/att-starts-six-strikes-anti-piracy-plan-next-month-will-block-websites-121012/

https://torrentfreak.com/verizon-will-reduce-speeds-of-repeated-bittorrent-pirates-121115/

i know, i know, not exactly an impartial source, but for an issue that hasn't exploded onto newspapers, gonzo journalism is the best that you can do.

^ From the same site as the above:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/8/3852452/death-of-3d

I hate to say I told you so, but...I told you so, media industry.  Better graphics does not mean better media.

IJBM: I'm craving foods I've rarely eaten.

Bacon, which I've only eaten once.

And hot dogs, which I've eaten several times, but still infrequently.

I would like some hot dogs and pizza right now.

• edited 2013-01-14 00:47:58
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Bacon, which I've only eaten once.

And hot dogs, which I've eaten several times, but still infrequently.

Why is this a bad thing? Go forth and indulge on the meaty goodness.

e: Damn it. I just realized how hungry I was.

But I don't have either of them.

IJBM: Discovering that a mazurka I've been writing turns out to be, in part, very similar to a mazurka by Chopin.

Also, burgers, which I've probably eaten a single-digit number of times.

• edited 2013-01-14 01:09:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

As a kid, I didn't like pickles, mustard, relish, or ketchup.  I wanted my hot dogs dog on bun only, and I never ate burgers.

Then as I grew up, I learned the value of balancing flavors and moistening the sandwich.

Well, actually, it's more so that I was once given a hamburger, and no one to pass the pickles on to...and faced with the decision of whether to waste the pickles.  I decided to not waste...and discovered it wasn't so bad.