If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-11-13 15:51:58
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

It’s kind of terrible how little any of us here on the sixth floor of my dorm are concerned when the fire alarm goes off.

its kind of infamous for getting set off by people in the kitchen like once a week so its not exactly reliable but

it started going off and me and my roommates kind of ignored it for like two or three minutes

then one of us was like “gee what if this is an actual thing we should probably get up”

and then we all just sort of sat there for another minute and it kept going

so we finally got up and went and got shoes and coats on all nonchalant

keep in mind the fire alarm is still going off

and we got to the stairs and there were three people standing there just sort of looking down and debating whether they should go down or if its just some jackass making smoke in a kitchen somewhere

and we all stood there for a while

a couple more people trickled in and stood with us

and we all stood there complaining about the fire alarm because we didn’t want to have to deal with going downstairs and coming up

and then finally we all sighed and decided that yeah we should probably go downstairs

then the alarm finally stopped when we were halfway down

tldr if theres ever a real fire everyone in my program is going to die a horrible death

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

• Malk: That sounds like my unit, really.

Alex: also holy hot dog almighty that Glove thing is fucking ridiculous.
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

It should also be noted that The Glove of Darth Vader is the title of a book.

• I'm a damn twisted person

It should also be noted that if you were to ask the typical fan about the rich history of Darth's Vader's various pieces of armor, they would most likely reply "Palpatine gave it to him, right?"

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

On the other hand, the Star Wars fanbase ensured that a book about Vader's glove was actually sold and read. 

Not that I want to paint all Star Wars fans with the same brush, especially being one myself, but I think this particular fanbase provides the perfect example of well-intentioned idiocy as a result of desperately grasping for new content. There's this critical mass of lore and consumable material built around Star Wars that has clogged all the drains, so to speak. The water ain't runnin' no more. 

Oh, and someone had to make The Force Unleashed successful enough to warrant a sequel, despite being one of the stupidest ideas possible. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

After the destruction of the second Death Star and the death of the Emperor, the Empire is left without a true leader. The Supreme Prophet Kadannprophesied that the next leader of the Empire would wear the indestructible right hand Glove of Darth Vader, so Imperial senator Timothy Barclay sends Captain Dunwell to find the glove. The Rebel Alliance and the Senate's Planetary Intelligence Network known as SPIN, hoping to find information on the new emperor, send C-3PO and R2-D2 disguised to the planet Kessel. There they discover Grand Moff Hissa introducing Trioculus, who claims to be Palpatine's son, as the heir to Empire. Although he manages to trick his followers by seemingly producing Force lightning, he demands that his advisors find the glove so he can cement his power. After much searching and no clues on the glove's whereabouts, Captain Dunwell, the head of the Whaladon Processing Center on Mon Calamari, contacts him to inform him that he has found the glove, deep in the oceans of Mon Calamari. By chance, Luke Skywalker and Admiral Ackbar, after picking up the droids from Kessel, bring them to Mon Calamari to download the information that R2-D2 found. Although the whaling ship is destroyed and Captain Dunwell killed, Luke is unable to stop Trioculus from obtaining the glove and becoming the new Emperor. As he parts ways with Luke, Trioculus swears he will destroy him.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Oh, and someone had to make The Force Unleashed successful enough to warrant a sequel, despite being one of the stupidest ideas possible. 

That was a fun game, though, if I recall correctly. :/

(I never watched Star Wars for anything but the action sequences)

• edited 2012-11-13 20:33:02
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

one of the stupidest ideas possible

an over the top game where you play as a dark jedi fucking shit up with the force and lightsabers is one of the stupidest ideas possible

• edited 2012-11-13 21:00:21
    Loser

A while back, Juan mentioned doing another holiday avatar thing like the Halloween exchange. Would anyone be interested in doing that in December, and if so, what do you think should be done? Do you think some kind of secret santa avatar gifting thing might work?

I guess this is only sort of related to the Texas secession talk a couple of pages back, but I had not realized how much of a laughing stock the state was for some people until recently. Regardless of one's politics, I feel like there are plenty of reasonable and diverse people who call the state home, so it bugs me a bit when people generalize Texans or Texas based on negative stereotypes or personal anecdotes. I admit I have some bias on the subject though.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You don't. :|

• edited 2012-11-13 20:45:16
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

an over the top game where you play as a dark jedi fucking shit up with the force and lightsabers is one of the stupidest ideas possible

(I never watched Star Wars for anything but the action sequences)

You played as Darth Vader's secret apprentice from between Episode 3 and Episode 4. Which just seems kind of wrong; the original trilogy's whole angle for Jedi and Force sensitivity hinges on the idea that training has become incredibly rare, so it's just like five guys left the entire galaxy that could be counted as Jedi, or having been Jedi. It's just this silly hyperindulgence.

Of course, I could just be bitter that The Force Unleashed actually started as a new entry into the Jedi Knight game series, but then become a DMC rip-off with Darth Vader's apprentice who is apparently a clone and insists upon using a reverse grip on his lightsaber. And then the whole advertising angle of the thing is really dark and gritty, which acts counter to what Star Wars really is. There's just layers and layers of external imposition dressed up in Star Wars clothing.

In fact, it's pretty much the EU in a nutshell.

No, no, no, pretty much everyone despises The Force Unleashed, even most EU fans.

> recall posting on TOR forums
    > recall it having defenders
    > recall being told that reverse-gripping a sword is totally practical and applicable to skillful combat

is this what they call ptsd 

it's called 'hallucinatory memories caused by extreme stress'

although

the TOR forums are full of what are pretty much the worst star wars fans, hand down, and shouldn't be taken as representative of anything to do with most Star Wars fans.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Force Unleashed is basically really fun stupidity.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ 'S how I played it.

> really fun stupidity

On phone. Can't watch.

He tears down a Star Destroyer using the Force (as TIE Fighters attack him).

Oh, god. That part. Worst moment in the game. Such a pain in the ass.

Mostly, it's just fast-paced smashy stuff.

The whole thing is just such utter bullshit.

• edited 2012-11-13 21:08:10
    Has friends besides tanks now

I actually never got that far. Come to think of it, I stopped before I had done much. Killing Wookies, or whatever I did before that, was fun.

Okay, that was pretty stupid, but at least it was amusing to watch.

• I played it once upon a time, and I found great joy in shoving stormtroopers around in the tutorial level as Vader himself.

Rest of the game? Not so fun.
  • edited 2012-11-13 21:10:39
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^It is indeed. Like I said, fun stupidity. The notion of it being canon is hilarious, but it's fun to smash stuff.

There are much better games for just smashing things though.

True.

I'm not recommending the game. Just saying I had fun with it.

Hey Alex, I found a stupid internet argument I want your opinion on!

my sacred biceps are enlarging more and more!! And my sword is fill of enemie's blood!!!

Swords are solid objects. They are unable to contain blood or any liquid, for that matter.

Technically speaking, a sword with a hollow blade and hilt could be constructed. If the blade was constructed with a small opening at the point, you could stab your foe and let his blood run into the sword.

But yeah, a hollow sword would be at a serious disadvantage in a fight.

give me your input alex

Well, a sword has two "layers"; there's the hard outer covering and the softer iron core, which provides flexibility so the sword can absorb impact rather than break. As for blood, I guess blood contains a significant amount of iron in it? 

Hilts are partially hollow anyway; the tang of the blade fits into the grip, which is what prevents a sword from disassembling when it strikes something. So presumably you could fill the gap space with some kind of liquid. 

Also, anyone with "sacred biceps" is going to want a mass weapon of some kind, I expect. All good weapons are finesse weapons, but mass weapons give more advantage to brute strength than others. 

but how would the blood get into that gap