If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Because you're probably one of the few who actually criticizes stuff over at WB. 
  • True. But I'm not the only person. But I am the rudest so...
  • Tough Love AHR, Tough love!
  • They sent me a pm as an apology.

The pm scares me. 

--prods the pm--

._.
  • Vuh-KOSS-uh-muh

DEL-tuh Five-Three-Four

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    vah cah SAH mah
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    IJBM: I really like the picture of myself that I'm currently using, but it's kinda grainy because I took it with my shitty school-issued laptop, and I can't make my face look like that again.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Change your mind about starting the thread? :P
  • I'm adopting a new postingstyle now.

Gonna bring back true Englishgrammar.
  • edited 2011-07-31 01:13:25
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Yeah. I decided it didn't need its own thread because loltwitterthreads.

^ CHAGEN Y U DO THAT
  • TRVE KVLT Englishgrammar?
  • edited 2011-07-31 01:14:41
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    @Everest:BTW, did you see my post about the Higurashi PS2 patch? Wouldn't want you to miss it, since it cancels out the reason you wanted to watch the anime over reading the VNs.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I remember when I had a Higurashi avatar...

-nostalgia-
  • edited 2011-07-31 01:17:20
    ^^ I saw it. Though had I known about the animation beforehand, I would have skipped it altogether for the manga, which actually has at least one moment that has scared me even without full context (though I think I remember which part of the series it's from). But I have too much stuff to do to ever consider rereading/watching/starting any series ever.

^ ME TOO!
  • edited 2011-07-31 01:17:34
    ^^I remember when I had a Durarara avatar...

-notnostalgia-

^Ah, okay. I haven't read the manga yet. Maybe when I finish Umineko...which at my current rate will be in about six years.
    > lol twitterthreads

I've seen this complain twice.

I'm still not sure what it means. 

And I still don't see why it's so bad.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Me neither. I deleted the thread because I figured no one would care enough for me to make a new thread about it.
  • "^ CHAGEN Y U DO THAT"

Because this is how Trueenglishgrammar was. Till the French screwed it up.

Compoundwords in English, or all Germaniclanguages, are supposed to be written together. We have some words that already do this--Highway, Cupboard, etc.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It's not true English grammar anymore though.
  • Yes, but, see... CHAGEN Y U DO THAT
  • edited 2011-07-31 01:20:41
    ^^^ I'm a little surprised at this coming from the guy who rants about linguistic prescriptivism whenever some complaint about current linguistics comes up. Especially since compound words are infinitely more annoying.
    Meh, you just seem like one of those sucky Homestuck trolls to me when you do that.
  • edited 2011-07-31 01:20:59
    [tɕagɛn]
    Forzare: It's not an Englishgrammarrule though.

It's a Germaniclanguagerule. And, personally, I prefer it.
    It's kinda sorta really annoying.
  • edited 2011-07-31 01:24:28
    "Compound word" isn't a compound word. It's a word and an adjective.

And in fact, compound words in English are written together. Paperclip, for example.
  • edited 2011-07-31 01:24:44
    [tɕagɛn]
    Adjective-Word combinations count as compoundwords in German and other Germaniclanguages.
  • As Wikipedia says,

"As a member of the Germanic family of languages, English is special in that compound words are usually written in their separate parts. Although English does not form compound nouns to the extent of Dutch or German, noun phrases like "Girl Scout troop", "city council member", and "cellar door" are arguably compound nouns and used as such in speech. Writing them as separate words is merely an orthographic convention, possibly a result of influence from French."

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    >arguably

And I would argue otherwise, presenting words such as "paperclip" as evidence that the definition of "compound word" in English is simply narrower.
  • Englishgrammar makes absolutely no sense anyway.