If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• @Edge

No, that'll never work. You should take a break and play some games on the virtual boy.
  • edited 2011-07-22 11:59:00
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Blegh. Fucking newbies in writer's block.

It's like they don't know anything.

--grumbles---"

I've noticed that too. I didn't post there much either, but . . . well, actually, my main gripe with the place is how few people there are actually good at writing, but I doubt that's what you're complaining about, and I look like an ass just for saying that.

And that reminds me that I need to get started on some writing soon. I finally have an idea, too, and now we even have a general writing thread.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    LOL! After that, I'll play 3DS with the 3D on while listening to Ke$ha is a dark room with no A/C.
  • edited 2011-07-22 12:01:47
    Yes! Make sure to put the speakers at full volume and headbang to the beat. Wait, the visual boy is worse than the 3DS when it comes to headaches.
  • Everest: Heheh. I'm always complaining about bad writers in WB, just silently, since I know it's hypocritical of me.
  • You can change. You can.
    My main gripe with WB is simply how every writer thinks about playing with tropes and deconstruct this and subvert that.
  • edited 2011-07-22 12:04:26
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    ^^^True. I better play Waterworld though while Waterworld is on a big screen 2 feet in front of me.
  • JC: Inaccurate. Only certain writers do it. Most are against it. Most are crappy for other reasons. 
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Well, at least they're not as bad as the RPers. At least, not the ones that don't also RP. Seriously, is anyone there actually good at RPing? I only briefly tried it, myself, but I've enrolled in a D&D campaign on Giant in the Playground's forums, so hopefully I'll be competent at it.
  • ...I have a roleplay up.

We mostly do all suck, but there are a few that are passable.

I am one of the ones that suck.
  • edited 2011-07-22 12:10:01
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I doubt it.

I remember that my time running the Jammies game technically counts, and the people there were generally good at it. The group liked a few of my characters, notably one bugbear and a captive drow.

So I can't say I only briefly tried it. The only other times were in two other campaigns and when I tried to pretend like I was still interested in my One Piece RP idea.
    JC: Inaccurate. Only certain writers do it. Most are against it. Most are crappy for other reasons. 

I was there about a year ago lurking. Possibly things have changed? I dunno. 
  • Well, depends on the threads. Some tropers are obsessed with it. So it depends on what threads you click on.
    Anyway, NICK! Where's your "Fuck Ponies" Macro? I can't find it! ;_;
  • Ew... that is disgusting, Juan.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Here you go, mah boi

Thanks.
    Headache gone! I wonder if I have been developing psychic powers this whole time. I tend to feel worse around large numbers of people.
  • I really need to stop trolling EGS newbies.
    *listening to favorite Muse song*
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Apparently it's possible to be logged into two different Gmail accounts on two different Firefox tabs now, but only for a minute.  After that, it logs you out of whichever accounts were used.
  • edited 2011-07-22 18:05:33
    Kichigai birthday!!
    GAAHTARghfdsahddfafgthb

WHY WON'T A SINGLE VIDEO IN NICONICO LOAD

SERIOUSLY,HOW CAN YOU EVEN HAVE A SITE THIS SHITTY IN 2011

YOUTUBE HAS 1080p VIDEO  FOR FREE;AND IN THIS FUCKING JOKE OF A SITE YOU EVEN HAVE TO PAY TO WATCH VIDEOS IN FULL SCREEN AND YOU CAN ONLY WATCH THEM DURING LIKE 6 HOURS A DAY BECAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE SHIT OTHERWISE

AND  HALF THE TIME THEY DON'T EVEN LOAD

HUIdwfdhkyvkugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHFCVNG
    Fucking bureaucracy, man. 

How does it work?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Slowly and sometimes inefficiently.
    well, yeah, that I found out today.

No man should wait three hours in a bank with nothing to do but talk to his sister.

No one, in fact.
    The heck with NND.  Pixiv is where it's at.
  • edited 2011-07-22 18:38:20
    Kichigai birthday!!
    I looked once at fan art for western shows on pixiv. They weren't very good

See, pixiv is better as a service than deviantArt, I admit that
  • ^^ But... they serve totally different functions?

^ Fan art for pretty much anything on Pixiv isn't very good on average.  Because, y'know, it's exactly the same as deviantArt except in moonspeak.
    I know.  My category was not "video sites" but rather "Japanese fan-media sites".
  • Well this is an interesting Internet psychological experiment. Though I would also read the comments, as they offer good alternate perspectives.