If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Avengers Assemble!

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Man, I'm kinda worried about Azzarello writing Rorsharch, myself. I mean, have you seen the shit this guy writes? bunch of boring "gritty" pseudo-badasses who spend their whole time brooding about and shit.

As for Watchmen, ain't gonna lie, I sorta enjoyed it (Because of the performances, mostly), but I wouldn't claim it's a good adaptation. I'm not quite sure how well it stands as a film of its own, and I'm honestly not in a hurry to try and rewatch it in order to see how well does that play.

RE: Justice League and Nolan: See, I'm of two minds about Nolan's Batman. On the one hand, I love the fact that he's crafting these really great stories around the Dark Knight and his legend in Gotham and all that blah blah blah. On the other hand, I feel it kinda misportrays Batman as a character that can't simply enjoy being Batman or help people outside of punching criminals in the face. This plus the deliberate misconnection between Batman and everything usually superhero-y with a tone of almost-mockery of the concept kinda bothers me not because of the movies in and of themselves but because of the public they attract and thus the movies that they cause, in a manner of speaking.

Either way, I'd expect a Justice League movie to come after Nolan finishes his Dark Knight trilogy and (hopefully) we get a version (and a creative team) that is more than willing to embrace the genre for what it is as well as non-shitty versions of the JLA characters

or better yet, let's hope they just go for the non-big guns version of the league and just like...use doctor fate, blue beetle, booster gold, et al and make a JLI story, because fuck conventional competition. hit them in the funny bone, man.

• I'm a damn twisted person

On the other hand, I feel it kinda misportrays Batman as a character that can't simply enjoy being Batman or help people outside of punching criminals in the face.

You really just want to see Batman remark that he digs this day while inspiring a criminal to clean up their act before going to open up a school as Bruce Wayne, don't you?

• edited 2012-05-08 17:41:14
    You can change. You can.

Here's a better question: Who doesn't want to see Batman remarking that he "digs this day".

Or better yet, a narrator. Preferably Morgan Freeman. 

More seriously, I just want more stuff like this

Sympathizing Batman is best Batman.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ok, can I just say that it's pretty weird when people say they don't want Captain America to kill people? I understand with Iron Man but Captain America is a soldier. He was made specifically to kill nazis.

For me it's weird because see, I know that, but I just can't see Captain America as someone who wields a gun for some reason. With that said, I wouldn't say that vague weird feelings count as a legitimate argument, so.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It's pretty funny the only one who doesn't kill with intent to do so is the rage monster.

I don't think we ever saw Thor kill anybody.

how about all those snake ships

or do aliens not count as life

How many frost giants did he not kill in his movie? Or is a hole through the skull non-lethal damage?

YOU...Could have killed them all with your bare hands!

• I think the alien military were all robots. Look at how they shut down when their command centre went boom.

In other words, 'killing' Chitauri doesn't count.

• Definitely not gay.

^ No, they were at least partly organic. Remember the scene where one of them took off his (her? its? human genders don't seem to apply) mask off and shouted?

Plus the blood. Lets just say something something hivemind

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It's semi-official: I'm probably going to see The Avengers tomorrow night.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Ten minutes to showtime.

a9DCh.png

Let's do this.
    SO

FUCKIN

COOL

Did you come from the movie or are you still watching it?

Just got out.

It surpassed my expectations.

And that small minded way of seeing things is why...you are meant to be ruled

LISTEN WELL, VANDRO- 

*SUCKER PUNCHED*

I'm listening.

• Definitely not gay.

I had the weirdest dream just now.

I'm posting this here because it's very related.

So the Avengers were fighting Thanos and they were getting their asses whooped. Cap was stuck a few blocks away from where the big final battle was taking place (which was in the big Avengers tower), Thor was beaten into unconsciousness by Thanos, Hulk was under some kind of sleep gas which incapacitated him, and Iron Man was in the Avengers tower getting his ass whooped. I dunno about the rest, though I vaguely recall Thanos taking Fury hostage in his ship.

I mean Thanos was whooping his ass harder than Whiplash did.

So Iron Man is backing out near his huge-ass fridge ('cus he's rich right) and it swings open because of the sheer force of the battle. Iron Man has just about reached his limit, 'cos he's tired and JARVIS is just barely keeping his suit online. Iron Man looks at the fridge and reaches for...

...the leftover shawarma from their shawarma celebration in the first Avengers! Iron Man decides that even though it's probably a year old, it's as good a last meal as any. After all, a man's last thoughts should be towards his friends and stuff (This also handily ties into the character development he received in 2!) Thanos, who by the way is a dickbag, snatches his shawarma. He (Thanos) says something along the lines of "My foes  do not deserve last meals!" (he probably saved Tony from a bad case of diarrhea, though) and begins to chow down on the age-old shawarma.

And then he chokes on it.

No, seriously. He chokes on it. The Mad Titan, the Conqueror of Worlds, chokes on a really old shawarma roll that's probably been nibbled at by Hawkeye once or twice. What's hilarious is what happens immediately afterwards, when he clutches his throat in an attempt to get it out, accidentally activates his energy projection and blasts his own head clean off.

Iron Man has, by that point, regained enough energy to stand up. He raises his hand towards Thanos and tries to offer him his hand, but he's too late. The force of the blast destroys the wall behind them. Coincidentally, the Skrull boss guy (y'know, the one who talked to Loki early in the movie) is behind it (he's on a floaty platform thing) and sees Iron Man with his hand raised towards a headless Thanos. He jumps to conclusions and begins to hightail it out, only to be knocked out cold by Cap and a now-conscious Thor.

And thus, the Mad Titan met his end at the hands (wrappings?) of a really old shawarma roll.

give this man a million dollars and let him write the next avengers' script.

• Definitely not gay.

And we could sell little Shawarma props alongside the Thanos action figures! 

• ^^^ You, sir, are a mad genius.

What the fuck is shawarma?

• Definitely not gay.

I honestly had no idea of its existence pre-Avengers.

• edited 2012-05-12 11:27:26
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So apparently
    Spoiler:
    Coulson's death
    wasnt actually Joss Whedon's fault after all.

Huh.