If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It's good. It's not the orgasmic sci-fi experience people have played it up to be but it's worth a go-through.

Even speaking as a pretty huge ME fan, you're probably right. I think the primary reason people like it so much (myself included) is because it's very distinct.

I'm watching a let's play of the first bit of Dragon's Dogma. To quote the player: "any game that lets you throw a rabbit off a cliff is off to a pretty good start."

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    guhhhh

The Landmaster is dumb.
  • Where are you? Titania or Macbeth?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I just did Titania. It's an easy level, but I'm having trouble doing anything well with the stupid tank.

I played 64 a lot as a kid, but I never actually owned it. I don't think I ever got onto the hard path, either. I'm still on my first playthrough on the 3DS, and I'm intentionally taking the easiest path. I've been focusing more on OoT, since I wanted to finish that.

Speaking of which, Ganon was even more of a joke than I remember her being. That might be because I never got the Biggoron Sword when I played as a kid.
  • Ah same here. I would always rent it a whole lot as a kid. And...

>Ganon

>Her

Lolwut.
  • edited 2012-05-26 17:11:10
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    i'm not exactly sure how I managed that typo

i'ma leave it though, since it made me laugh

I used to borrow it from a friend in like... second grade I think. Same with OOT. Same friend, even.
    oh god, master quest is giving me a headache
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

:(

Ouch. I'd heard they were going through hard times, but...:c

• I can't say I'll miss the studio at all, but I do feel pretty bad for all of their employees. :/

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Who are they?

@MadassAlex - wrong response to @Lai.  Proper response is:

Okay, so, how about them guilty pleasure games?

What do you mean by this?

Dark Souls is awesome because it's Castlevania in 3D.

Is it a metroidvania?

• @Glenn:

Games that you feel are highly flawed and yet you enjoy them anyways.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Who are they?

The people who made Kingdoms of Amalur. A game both INUH and I enjoy.

• So, once I find the discs, me and my brother are going to do a little challenge.

I'll play Mass Effect and he'll play Metroid Prime. Just to give each of us something different to try.

Kingdoms of Amalur. A game both INUH and I enjoy.

Man, I have got to get back to playing that game. The main reason I haven't played more of it is because my computer uses a solid state drive, meaning I have around 120 gigs to work with, and KoA is a big game, so I had to temporarily take it off to make room for stuff.

I'll play Mass Effect and he'll play Metroid Prime. Just to give each of us something different to try.

I think you'll both be glad you did that.

Anyway, I'm considering starting up a game review blog thing. The reason I'm doing this is that lately when I've been looking through reviews of games, I find that there really aren't any reviewers that go into any detail beyond "this happened and that happened and I liked that, but this also happened and I didn't like that." I was thinking in each review, I'd have sections for talking about stuff like what the mechanics are suited for conveying, how good the aesthetics are (not to be confused with graphics), what methods the game uses to engage the player, stuff like that.

Anyway, does anyone have thoughts on what they'd like to see from such a series, or what blogging services are good, or...well, anything about that, really?

• You can change. You can.

I'd approve whole-heartedly, provided you can make it interesting enough for me

Also, I dunno how interested you would be in playing more than recent games (Mostly because wheee I'm unable to keep up with vidya right now)

• edited 2012-05-27 01:24:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm probably not going to discriminate based on when something came out. If I review something, it's because I'm interested in talking about it. So how recent something I review is will range from "just came out" to...well, Pokemon Red and Blue are on my list, so pretty much anything post-Tennis for Two, though stuff from before the Nintendo 64 generation is less likely to get reviewed because that's when I started playing videogames.

Good enough for me but it'd be cool if you could get an emulator running and check out older games if it's really going to be a "game design analysis" sorta thing, if only for purely academic purposes (and fun)

• So 38 Studios went out of business, so where do the profits go from people who continue to buy Kingdoms of Amalur?

• edited 2012-05-27 01:40:32

^^It certainly would be cool to do that.

Though for the moment, I need to figure out where to host the thing. I really know nothing about blogging, so I don't know what would be best.

^I don't think they're actually out of business yet. They just have no employees besides I guess whoever runs the company. But if that happened, I guess EA, and Valve if you get the Steam version, Gamestop if you buy it there, etc.

• Definitely not gay.

-gets Unknown Item 3-

Hum-de-dum-dum...

RRAWWWWKKKKKK

Oh for fuck's sake.

Man, I have got to get back to playing that game. The main reason I haven't played more of it is because my computer uses a solid state drive, meaning I have around 120 gigs to work with, and KoA is a biggame, so I had to temporarily take it off to make room for stuff.

I keep wanting to get it, but it's still $90 here.

INUH: Tumblr's pretty good for blogging, as it makes it easier.

• edited 2012-05-27 01:47:51

^^Australia has to be the best proof that the game industry thinks customers are somehow the enemy.

^How so?

Australia has to be the best proof that the game industry thinks customers are somehow the enemy.

"Sir, we have sold over five million copies so far."

"Those evil bastards... Jenkins, raise the prices further!"

Well, from what I've seen of services like blogspot (admittedly, I just blogspot) the customization aspect tends to be severely clunky as it relies entirely on you being a web designer unless you want to be stuck with the predetermined (and really ugly) objects like banners and categories. Tumblr's themes allow for aesthetically pleasing customization without having to rely on HTML knowledge, so there's that.

there's also the social network aspect which makes it easier for your blog to reach more people provided you tag it right. Plus you already get a lot of followers by default thanks to the bunch of us that already know you so there's that. 

Ah, I see. That's good to know. I'll check it out in the morning.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-05-27 02:13:10

Ffff.... can't find my Metroid Prime disc. Found Echoes, but not my original disc. Not mention my bro can't find his ME1 disc. So I guess we're screwed on that part.

That's it. Tomorrow, I'm going to reorganize my shit.

EDIT: And found the one RE4 disc I rented from BlockBuster. And still never returned to this day.

EDIT 2: Prime has been found. At the very least, I can watch him play it while I search for his ME1 disc/reorganize my room.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So I'm playing ME3

Spoiler:
    Why the hell did the daltrass open her big fat mouth about the krogan genophage cure being defective? If she hadn't said anything then Shephard would have continued with the mission thinking he would save the krogan, Mordin wouldn't know about the defection and they would have been none the wiser about the cure not working, and the Salarians wouldn't have the obligation they had from telling Shephard.

Of course the reason is to give you a Paragon/Renegade choice but Jesus was the daltrass dumb there.