If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2012-11-30 15:24:52
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Sounds about right.

My question, though, is if that happened before he got his Lord Soul, or because he got it? Because the First Flame is credited as the source of all that sort of stuff.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

think the gods/daughters of Chaos/ect found the Lord Souls before they took the battle to the dragons? So it would make sense that it might have been the Lord Soul that "killed" Nito, but without removing his corporeal will. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

IJBM: The pathfinding in Fallen Enchantress.

When  I tell my defenseless units to go somewhere, I would really prefer it if they pick a route that doesn't lead them through hell.

• It reminds me much more of old games like Banjo-Kazooie than Zelda

old games like Banjo-Kazooie

*sadface*

*checks colostomy bag*

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Man Banjo Kazooie is an old man. Seriously.

-looks at my Avatar avatar-

Define "old."

• The entire history of video games is only like 50 years old.  So a game that came out 14 years ago is relatively old.

^There's an argument to be made for that, but I don't really think of games as really old until they're pre-3D.

Anyway, I'm two minutes into The Walking Dead episode 5, and I just legitimately went into the fetal position in my chair.

Lee confirmed for most badass videogame protagonist. Not even kidding.

• edited 2012-11-30 18:24:21
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Anyway, I'm two minutes into The Walking Dead episode 5, and I just legitimately went into the fetal position in my chair.

you poor son of a bitch you have no idea

Lee confirmed for most badass videogame protagonist. Not even kidding.

yes

Man, I've been really on-and-off about liking Kenny. I liked him at first, then I didn't like him when he killed a guy, then I liked him again, then I didn't like him when he abandoned me, and now I like him again.

This is probably intentional. Good writing.

D8

i am actually making that face right now

• edited 2012-11-30 18:42:04
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^Yeah, I had pretty much the same experience with him.  

^Which thing just happened?

ben fell

Okay, Kenny is officially one of my favorite characters in anything.

• edited 2012-11-30 18:48:43

^^He was dead in my playthrough, so that didn't happen for me.

Instead,

Spoiler:
    While they're on this rooftop, the walkie talkie gets dropped down a hole.  Christa jumps down to get it, but it turns out there's zombies down there.  Lee tries to pull her up, but he fails, and Kenny sacrifices himself by jumping down to lift her out before they get swarmed.  That's the last you see of him.  I'm not entirely convinced that he's dead, though.

In mine, 

Spoiler:
    First off, context: Earlier on, Ben and Kenny had a long yelling match and now Kenny was feeling bad about how he's acted toward Ben.

The balcony gave way as Ben jumped. He fell and wound up under a bunch of debris. Kenny and Lee went down to help him, and found that the balcony was impaling his torso. Kenny tried to pull him off, but the horde was on the way, so Kenny said they'd have to fight the horde off to save Ben. Lee tried to help, but Kenny shoved him through the gate next to the ladder and locked it. Lee couldn't get through with the one arm, so he could only watch as the horde overwhelmed both of them.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I think we should all just take a minute and reflect on how good the voice acting is in that game.

Yeah.

You know, it occurs to me that all of my favorite games are either very well-voiced, or not voiced at all.

Also, this is the only game that can make the act of holding down one button terrifying.

just met the guy

...fuck.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

yeah

that guy

Spoiler:
    You know, I was actually thinking "he might be a better father than I could" until he started talking to a severed head.

Done.

I am crying right now.

I honestly couldn't stop crying for like fifteen minutes after it stopped.  Nothing else has ever made me cry for that long.

I cried harder when my godmother died. That's about it.

Spoiler:
    Did you have Clementine shoot Lee or not?

Spoiler:
    I did.

I need to do something fun now.

Spoiler:
    I couldn't do it.  I couldn't make her shoot him.

And then I had Lee give her a speech about how killing a person changes you, especially the first time, and never to do it unless she absolutely had to.  And told her to make sure she kept her hair cut short and 

alkgna;ligkgbo;afdhgo;aih;uoiahgoih

Spoiler:
    Well, at that point, she'd already killed someone on my file. But...yeah, that was hard. Really, really hard.

• edited 2012-11-30 20:33:12

Spoiler:
    Oh, she killed the radioguy in yours?  I strangled the dude to death myself, and all she did was hit him in the head with a bottle.

But ugh I seriously started to lose it when I saw how grey Lee was, and then when Clementine just gives him this terrible wide-eyed look... it was bad.