If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Nevermind, I fixed it.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Okay I tried Dark Souls:

Good News: My controller works perfectly.

Bad News: It runs SLOOOOWWW, to the point of being almost unplayable. I'm trying to mess with DSFix to see if I can improve the framerate.

• edited 2012-11-25 21:44:43
    Poot dispenser here

PC? (EDIT: Or DS?)

^Yeah, PC.

Aaand now it kicked me into the title screen because my framerate was too low for online play. :/

• Poot dispenser here

Wow.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, Fallen Enchantress is really awesome.

Okay, Steam is being weird and only letting me download 1 thing at a time.

It hasn't always done that for you?
  • So, I beat Magicka. I played warrior most of the time except against Death (healthmines, healthmines everywhere) and the last boss (Cheesed it out spamming thunders). Really fun game altogether.

^^No, it used to let me download multiple things at once and split the bandwidth between them.
    It stopped doing thar for me like a year ago, IIRC.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Anyone else buy their Steam games as inventory items rather than direct purchases?

No. Are there any benefits to doing that?
  • edited 2012-11-26 15:20:59
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Unless I plan to gift the game in question, no.

• edited 2012-11-26 15:38:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yes.

First, you can give the game as a gift if you don't feel like taking it for yourself.  Also if you know someone wants the game on their wishlist, and while you want it, you're not sure you'll have the time to play it and you think they might want it more than you do.

Second, and this is not quite kosher but is technically legal, you can buy the game while it's on sale, as an inventory item, then attempt to win the game on SteamGifts because you haven't added it to your account yet.

The downside to this is that you can't play the game yet yourself (short of pirating it separately, but that applies anytime).  It helps if you have a huge backlog of games and no time to play them but are just interested in getting them on sale, with the possible option of gifting them to your friends, or throwing them up on SteamGifts.  Like me!...no offense.

But by the time I buy a game, I generally know if I'm going to play it myself or gift it or whatever.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh.

I guess it's just me, then.

• You know, having played both RE4 and RE5 now, I have to say: Wesker was wayyyyy better than Saddler, so Yahtzee is full of shit about that.

That said, Salazar and Krauser were better than Irving and Excella, so the scale might skill tip in RE4's favor, villain-wise.

• That's the power of DC Douglas' voice. At least in Wesker's favor.
    Okay, so on two occasions now I've been playing Fallen Enchantress and gone "wait, fuck, I was supposed to do something ten minutes ago." If that isn't a sign of quality, I don't know what is.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I was playing it last night, when I realized that it was actually morning. That game is too damned addictive.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

>sees Fallen Enchantress love

>gets interested and hyped

>looks up game

>RTS

:<

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Real-time strategy with turn-based combat, to boot.

But no, it's actually more of a turn-based strategy game than an RTS. It's kind of weird to describe it; the game goes by in turns, all of your units have a specific amount of tiles they can move in a turn (and initiating combat also costs you a move, and different tiles cost differing amounts of your moves to move on them), it costs a certain amount of turns to build anything or train units in each city, etc, etc.

It gets kind of involved, because you'll usually end up managing half a dozen cities or so (on the file I'm currently playing through, I have 11 cities), and you need to manage their growth and production.

It's hard to describe it. If you're at all interested in what we've said of it so far, I'd urge you to at least consider buying it, because it is actually a pretty great game.

It's kind of weird to describe it

Unless you're talking to someone who's played Civilization. In which case, basically that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-26-star-wars-the-old-republic-re-review

This review, summarized: "I like TOR, but my boss says we're giving it a 4, so it sucks."

• But you never had any to begin with.

I'm tempted to try Fallen Enchantress, except that I don't want to support Brad Wardell in any way, shape, or form.

But you're fine with letting me do it >:<

Well, actually he was only involved in writing a book for the Elemental series, he wasn't actually involved in the game, so whatevs.

• But you never had any to begin with.

He runs Stardock, so...

True, true. But it was him directly who wrote the book (which, incidentally, is very, very bad).

Anyway, it's still a really solid game. If you don't wanna buy it, then OK.

• edited 2012-11-27 11:43:13
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

At first glance, I thought Fallen Enchantress was another generic, not-very-good, fantasy RTS. But if it's as good as you say, I might give it a look when the price falls enough.

Too bad there's no demo.