If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I have work today, and I am /not/ going to want to stop once I start, so I'm going to hold off.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Apparently it's shorter than the previous episodes, so there's that.

Well, I have to leave for work in 48 minutes.

Is it that short?

• edited 2012-11-21 18:00:32
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Oh my god, I literally cannot stop crying.

nothing is beautiful and everything hurts

Since RAGE came up in the other thread, I have to mention that I always kind of laugh whenever Id releases a game and tries to market it by going "hey, remember how around 20 years ago, we made some good games? No? You were too young to create memories then? Oh. Well...they were good, so buy this."

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    CU, have you played through No Time Left yet?

No T_T

It's Thanksgiving, so my family wants me to do family stuff T_T

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    auuuugh I need somebody to talk about it with.

• I cannot wait.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-11-23 18:03:08

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Isn't there a Game Music Thread?

• Shit, I thought this was the game music thread. Let me fix that.

• edited 2012-11-23 19:15:33
    Poot dispenser here

I think the custom builds in MechWarrior: Online are getting a bit out-of-hand: I've seen a K2 Catapult with four machine guns and at least six tons of ammo (why, I wonder), a dual ER PPC Centurion, a Cataphract (or was it a Yen-Lo-Wang?) with dual UAC/5s and dual Medium Pulse Lasers, and a dual-Gauss Rifle Cataphract. That isn't even counting the usual litany of Gausscats, Streak SRM A1 Cats, and god-knows what else.

And I think I like it a little. It is nice to see such variety. Plus, I myself have an SRM boat C4 Cat with an ER Large Laser and 8 tons of ammo.

• edited 2012-11-23 20:32:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

First impressions of Dishonored: visually looks really cool, but the initial setup is kind of weak and it does that stupid thing Skyrim did where by default your left mouse button controls your right hand and vice versa.

The last is easily fixable, though, and the initial setup isn't the bulk of the game, so...not really much to say.

I finally started playing Sleeping Dogs, which I got during the October sale.

Having a bunch of fun so far.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So, I bought UFO: Afterlight on Steam yesterday.

Trying to play it today.

I can't play it, because my screen is too small. The buttons down the bottom don't show.

Fuck that for a joke, man.

More detailed impressions of Dishonored: I am really bad at it, but it's quite good.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Bleh, War of the Roses has some connection issues, despite me remaining at a decent 60-70 ping most of the time. It says I can't always connect to the "backend", which in practical terms means that matches run just fine, but the game arbitrary decides not to let me keep my points sometimes. This is a significant issue, given that it's often difficult to compete with kitted out enemies with only the basic classes. 

That, and there are some balance issues. I hoped I wouldn't have to say this, but swords are overpowered. They're really good at delivering the bleeding effect, too, even through full plate armour. In addition, they don't don't suffer from the range shenanigans of polearms and other hafted weapons, meaning that they deal high damage with high speed at all close combat ranges. Some of the two-handed mass weapons are better, but this is kind of ridiculous. 

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Sleeping Dogs is one of the only freeroaming gang games I've played that really makes me feel like a boss. Like I earned all this swag and I'm totally badass.

I think it's just a combination of the amazing car designs, the fantastic soundtrack and radio, and the kick ass melee combat.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Okay, X-COM: Enemy Unknown is fun as hell. It's streamlined enough where I can understand what's going on without being overwhelmed, while still being difficult enough to keep me on my toes. I was also surprised by how much customization there was.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Been playing Virtue's Last Reward. Great game, even if some of the puzzles are horrible *cough*archivesdicepuzzle*cough*. Also, for anyone who hasn't played it yet but is planning to, don't read the gold files until you beat the route you got them from. They contain some pretty big spoiler stuff for their route, even if some of them are more subtle than others.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Ugh I need a 3DS so I can play that.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Bought and played Elemental: Fallen Enchantress today.

It... is a fun game, but in the veins of Age of Empires, it takes forever to do anything.

Over the course of a single game, it's taken me five hours to get myself in a reasonable position.

• It... is a fun game, but in the veins of Age of Empires, it takes forever to do anything.

... Which Age of Empires are you talking about?

Although even Age of Empires never took upwards of five hours to play, it's true. (I'm sure this game will go quicker once I know what I'm doing, in the future.)

• But AoE II was really fast, in competitive play, things could be over in like 20 minutes. Even when not playing competitively, the longest games took no longer than 2 hours and a half (and those usually involved a lot of dicking around).

Generally, upwards of two hours is considered a long time for a game. :|

It helps that Age of Empires didn't swap out to a turn-based system of combat. Or get you to manage more than half a dozen cities.

• Champion of the Whales

Recettear is very addictive

Capitalism Ho!

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

In Torchlight 2, my character has become stuck inside a piece of scenery.

Someone who has played the game please tell there is a way to fix this, because none of the usual stuff (log back out/back in, try to glitch back through the scenery, etc.) seems to be working. And the game has an autosave so I can't just revert to an earlier save state.