If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Definitely not gay.

But Duran is roughly as dull as a Pokemon protagonist and half as sympathetic. 

What makes you dislike him so much? I've only played through the intro of his scenario, so I'm not sure about him.

It's also worth noting that the SD3 protagonists are rather flat in general.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Decided I'm going to play through 999, starting today.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Awesome :D

Though I hope you don't just intend to read it once >.>

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Best choice you've ever made in your life.

I've been meaning to reread 999 (at least, the safe and the true endings) but I've had so much else and I haven't started. And I've got less than a week until I get Virtue's Last Reward.

Though I am going to be spending a long time on the train this weekend. That would be a good opportunity to try.

Oh, by the way, question: should I ask my parents for a Vita for Christmas, or for a Wii U?

Because I'm fairly certain that the Vita is going to have exactly one game I want to play on it, ever, but that game is P4:G, which I really want. 

• edited 2012-10-31 11:36:48
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I REEEEALLY want Virtue's Last Reward, but I've only ever beaten 3 of 999's endings, so I'm gonna do that first.

CU, I would say Wii U. It looks more prospective every day.

Here are the eventually Wii U games I am interested in:

Bayonetta 2

Lego City Undercover

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Nintendo Land

Pikmin 3

Rayman Legends

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Super Smash Bros

The Wonderful 101

ZombiU

Which endings?

CU, I would say Wii U. It looks more prospective every day.

Yeah, I know; I'm really excited about the system.

And I guess I could wait on the Vita until I've finished Persona 3.

• edited 2012-10-31 11:38:14

Wait, did I say three? I meant one. Slip of the finger.

The ending with the boat and the killing of everyone.

I was like "Wut." and then I had to take a break from the game for a month, and I lost it.

Starting it back up, after I get something to eat :3

Yeah, that ending is basically the "oops, you failed to get an actual ending" ending.

• edited 2012-10-31 11:42:30

I'm probably going to do an RP soon in the style of the games, probably on TVT with some peeps.

Can I just say my favorite thing about the games?

The fashion. It makes me swoon. Especially the main character of 999.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't think that one's quite as bad as the... knife ending, I think it was?

That one was even more abrupt, if I remember correctly.

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/999_conceptart_NQDIq.png

I'd wear this outfit so hard.

Knife ending at least established some minor stuff.

Apparently VLR has 24 endings. It also uses this really awesome Ally or Betray thing based on the Prisoner's Dilemma that I really like.

bEwSn.jpg
  • Note to self, figure out how to get a copy of 999. I need to add it to my unending backlog of games.

Would anyone be interested in a liveblog of the game? Potentially screenshots even. I might go full-ham.

Nah, this is a VN that should be read blind, really, so the audience would be split between people who know what's going to happen and people who shouldn't be reading the liveblog.

Very true.

There's a new trailer for Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs.

I still desperately need to play more than ten minutes of the original.
  • You can change. You can.

I tried playing Amnesia but my laptop hates it and it apparently wasn't that good anyway.

and it apparently wasn't that good anyway

ಠ_ಠ

Where did you get that impression?

• You can change. You can.

I thought it was you, actually. Didn't you say it gets frustatingly difficult or something?

• edited 2012-10-31 13:38:12
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I actually did, but when I tried it again, it turns out I was just having a really, really off day :/

In other news, I bought 80 shares of Nintendo today. I feel all adult and stuff.

• Got 89 Jiggies in Tooie. Because fuck Canary Mary.

That's pretty much how I felt when I was eight.

Well, perhaps with less strong language because eight, but yeah.

• edited 2012-10-31 15:19:15
    My arms are falling off!

GMH: Seeing as Satazius is on other sites at equally low cost, I'm avoiding the Steam version, even if it's DRM-free. I like keeping as many of my games in one shallow-level superfolder (specifically, C:\games\[insert game folder here]) rather than a complicated C:\Program Files\what\ev\er folder as possible.

But uh, add me anyway: https://steamcommunity.com/id/raydere

• I honestly never had that much trouble with Canary Mary, but then I'd been using the "tense and vibrate my arm" thing for button-mashing minigames for years by then.  The cloud race was long enough to give me a sore wrist but it wasn't that bad for a one-off thing.

• edited 2012-10-31 17:07:54
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@ClockworkUniverse: What's its ticker symbol?  I might have "bought" some shares of the same thing as part of a stock market activity in high school.

@Raydere: Actually, I consider Steam games to have DRM, because they do--they won't start without the wrapper starting (and hogging system resources).  I prefer DRM-free versions to Steam versions for this reason.

(I don't know if you can start the Steam version of Satazius without starting Steam.  It is possible for at least one game, but I don't know what games are thus.

And...

I like keeping as many of my games in one shallow-level superfolder (specifically, C:\games\[insert game folder here]) rather than a complicated C:\Program Files\what\ev\er folder as possible.

This.

Sooooo this.

Anyway, I've added you.  I'm named after a Mega Man II (GB) character.

• It's Quint. No one likes Quint.