If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, those two loading screen quotes I gave earlier? Switch the ranking on those. The full impact of the second one just hit me.

• Split Mushroom is no more. Actually tricky to fight and does a lot more damage than you'd expect.

• IJBM: There's no Tatsumaki Senpukyaku move in X3. >:(

On the other hand, killing things with the Shoryuken is fun. :D

• edited 2012-08-13 02:26:43

Also paying to avoid the parts of a game you don’t like. Buy a mining robot to avoid the dull mining. So people pay you to play your game less, which also frees up server load.

These are the most depressing three sentences I have ever read about video games.

• Definitely not gay.

So lemme get this straight.

I have to save the alternate universe counterpart of an evil fire witch I killed in the previous game to gain access to the nut-person kingdom. Once there, I must help a trapped monkey escape the wrath of the nut king with a magic bean. I gain the magic bean from a fat guy who lives in a hole in the palace garden.

Also the boat of said evil fire witch kills mutant octopi.

This game makes so much sense.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I fucking love Majora's Mask.
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    Zelda games are fairy tales mang. After a certain point you just roll with whatever happens.
  • MrWMrW
    edited 2012-08-13 14:54:32

I'd love to see a Majora's Mask remake in the same fashion as OOT 3D. After that new 3DS Zelda comes, at least.

Majora's Mask was great, but I think the overall style is better suited for a handheld due to the weird-ass save system. I can barely find time to play the Virtual Console version, too.

• edited 2012-08-13 15:23:04
    Definitely not gay.

When you think about it, Four Swords had one of the most cliche antagonists ever.

I mean, dude was a Dark Elf wizard.

Zelda games are fairy tales mang. After a certain point you just roll with whatever happens.

Sometimes the series makes sense, though.

Like in the Forest Temple, where you have to fight four ghosts to gain access to a chamber where you fight a ghost replica of the evil demon sorcerer villain and...yeah you're right.

I think that Majora's Mask is a great counterpoint to the "it's silly, so it can't be dark and evocative" argument.

I'd love to see a Majora's Mask remake in the same fashion as OOT 3D. After that new 3DS Zelda comes, at least.

Yeah, I think they've said they've considered it, but are waiting until the 3DS has some more original content before doing it.

• So, this is a thing.

• edited 2012-08-13 21:39:18
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^

tumblr_m85thr4FxD1qdcalk.gif

• edited 2012-08-13 21:45:26
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I haven't played TF2 in at least four years, but videos relating to it tend to be pretty cool.

• edited 2012-08-13 22:05:50
    Has friends besides tanks now

I can finally beat skeletons now! Just, like, not too many at once. (Level 24, got through the big knight dudes that guarded the other entrance to Firelink Shrine, so I'll probably take a break from there for a bit. Also somehow back up to 10 Estus Flasks)

Also somehow back up to 10 Estus Flasks)

Kindled bonfires give 10 Estus. Bonfires with Fire keepers start out kindled. There's a second kindling level you can get by getting through the skeleton area.

• edited 2012-08-13 22:07:30

Also somehow back up to 10 Estus Flasks

When you kindle a bonfire, it gives you 10 Estus instead of 5.  The Firelink bonfire (and any other bonfire with a firekeeper present) starts out kindled.

But then INUH ninjaed me.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Ah. So . . . I could have done that during the Undead Burg playing, couldn't I?

Ah, well. Killed two Giant Skeletons, among others, and acquired a Zweihander and a level up (seriously, you'd think these bastards would give more than 500 a pop, even if they're actually pretty easy to fight).

• edited 2012-08-13 22:34:42

Note that once you get into the actual catacombs, Skeletons won't stay dead until you kill the necromancers controlling them. You have to kick them off cliffs until then.

And because of this, they mostly won't give souls.

Also, do you want to know something you should really do before going into the Depths (the sewers under the Burg), even if it's a small spoiler?

Note that once you get into the actual catacombs, Skeletons won't stay dead until you kill the necromancers controlling them. You have to kick them off cliffs until then.

For a moment a while ago, I thought that that was already happening, but it turns out that they just disassemble after a particularly hard hit.

The Depths are where I would have ended up if I kept going, right? Aaaand, sure.

• The Depths are where I would have ended up if I kept going, right? 

No, you get to the Depths from the Undead Burg.

• edited 2012-08-13 22:39:03

Kill Lautrec. He's the knight in gold armor. If he's alive when you enter the depths, he will kill the firekeeper and Firelink Shrine's bonfire will go out.

Also, After you kill the boss of the catacombs, go back to the surface. You can go deeper, but that area's meant for late in the game, so there will be a big glowing barrier after a point.

^ I saw the Dark Souls General video, so I already knew that, as it turns out. It seemed pretty funny, but I definitely don't want that happening.

Yeah.

Also, have you upgraded your Estus flask? And what class are you?

Didn't go far enough to upgrade my flask beyond the 10 I have. And I'm a Wanderer.

upgrade my flask beyond the 10 I have

Not what I mean. If you give the fire keeper a firekeeper soul, she'll increase the healing per dose.

Wanderer

:/

Well, either way, you should join the Chaos Servant covenant because it is the best covenant. You'll have pyromancy by then anyway.

• edited 2012-08-13 22:52:05

It's only the best covenant because the Fair Lady is the most moe Dark Souls NPC.  Otherwise it doesn't really do much for you except get you a spell that is not actually all that good (well, and gets you a different spell that is even less good, and lets you skip the easiest part of the entire game).

• edited 2012-08-13 22:55:59

And prevent Solaire from going crazy and dying, allowing you to summon him for the final battle.

And if you think that spell isn't good, you're using it wrong.

• edited 2012-08-13 22:57:58

If you are summoning phantoms for any reason except to buy Oolacile's stuff, then you are playing Dark Souls wrong.

And it's really not very good.  In the few situations where having magic is really important/helpful (basically just in the Tomb of the Giants and I guess maybe the Moonlight Butterfly but that doesn't really matter) the regular Great Fireball is perfectly fine.  For bosses and stuff, Great Combustion is usually fine.

If you are summoning phantoms for any reason except to buy Oolacile's stuff, then you are playing Dark Souls wrong.

The final battle is against his father. He deserves to be there.

And it's really not very good.  In the few situations where having magic is really important/helpful (basically just in the Tomb of the Giants and I guess maybe the Moonlight Butterfly but that doesn't really matter) the regular Fireball is perfectly fine.  For bosses and stuff, Great Combustion is usually fine.

It's not necessary, but it does large amounts of damage, twice, of the type that the most enemies are vulnerable to, against more than one opponent. Even ignoring the last bit, expending its uses does I think around 50% more damage than expending Fireball's uses, and in less time. It's pretty damn good. I was most thankful for it during the Ornstein and Smough battle.

So, I just watched the Zero Originality videos.

Speaking as someone who already hated Gamestop so much that I have refused to do business with them for over five years, they're orders of magnitude worse than I'd actually realized.