If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
This is an index of threads every IJBMer should know about. A lot of these used to be stickied, but that led to a lot of clutter, so now they're just linked here.
Forum mechanics-related threads:
- The rules. Everyone needs to read these.
- The sandbox. Used for figuring out how to do formatting stuff.
- The suggestion box. For your ideas on improving IJBM. Also for reporting bugs.
- Avatar-changing page. Not a thread, but useful if you want to change your avatar without decreasing your notification count. Also links to pages for changing user title and other stuff. NOTE: THIS PROBABLY DOESN'T WORK; WE'RE NOT SURE
IJBM community stuff:
IJBM community off-site stuff:
- IRC channel is #ijbm on Espernet. For those of you with IRC clients, try clicking this: irc://irc.esper.net:5555/ijbm. For those without one, go to the Espernet Webchat app, enter your username of choice, and type #ijbm into the "Channels" box, then click Connect. FYI: IRC is basically multiplayer notepad an instant-messaging chat room.
- MuMu Player: a place for you to upload your own music, and up to four friends can listen to it with you. We had rooms here but the site's since reorganized so we'll post when we have a new one going.
- Plug.dj: a place where you can queue Youtube and Soundcloud files for people to watch/listen to together. Unlimited room size, but can't upload your own music. We use http://plug.dj/ijbmer-musica-stuff/.
IJBM media threads:
I added it.
Any real objections to my adding the pony thread? If anyone's got a good reason that it shouldn't be there other than "ew ponies" I'll take it down.
I was gonna ask if our criteria is going to be just "Relatively general threads" for this, actually.
^ I could rename it to something simple like The Pony Thread or something less weird.
nonono. make it an ICP joke. you know you want to.
Fuckin Ponies, How Do They Work?
Also, we should probably delete all these posts other than the OP. I'd do it, but I'm about to leave for work.
Could we use "IJBM Keion-bu Light Music Club" as an all-purpose music thread--as in, make recommendations to one another and post music in a setting outside of Mumu--or should we make a new thread (or threads, as is necessary) for stuff like that, on account of the current thread being so heavily associated with Mumu?
Though if you want to talk about metal, you should make the IJBM Heavy Music Club ;P
Hm... I think, going by what "light music" means, the "heavy music" club would be about, like, orchestral music or something... >.>
Do we have a "now listening to" thread?
I like those...
Shouldn't the drama chronicles thread be one here?
It probably should be. I can add it.
I can fix that!
can we have the film club up there please? 2.0 version i mean
yo, can we get the Touhoes thread added to that list? I know it's not as big a draw as Homestuck or whatever, but it's still one of the big meme series, and someone might come looking for it.
What Touhou thread? Done.
On that note, the Pokémon thread might be worth adding too.
^ . . . I could've sworn the Pokemon thread was already there.
Unfortunately, I'm currently on the mobile site, so I would just paste the link. If another mod could convert that to a hyperlinked line of text, that'd be great.
...You could type Pokemon Thread
I've fixed it already.
Added link to the avatar changing page that doesn't mess up your activity count.
Hey, do we have a Site Suggestions thread?
Because I feel we could use a "Who's Online" feature (opt-out obviously).