If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer doodles and sketches

Comments

• edited 2012-10-19 18:31:13
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

No, it sticks in every direction.

You know how when you put a bunch of cables in a box, they always get all tangled up in ways that seem to defy physics? That is my hair when it gets long.

• edited 2012-10-19 18:38:22
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Yup. Know that feel. Well, not exactly the same, but my hair tangles pretty badly, when it's not just propped up.
  • They're somethin' else.

Noooo the fishies D:

somehow, the viewpoint of your pegasus reminds me of a vertical shmup. mostly Capcom's Legendary Wings.

I saw an awesome T-Shirt with a zombie!Walken, with the caption "The Walken Dead"

... odd hand. Is it doing that "gentlemen's pinky" thing, except with his ring finger too?

the third one has put me in harmony.

• edited 2012-11-07 14:47:47

i2RkM.png Here's a drawing of Ashley in her suit and helmet.  

xkIq4.png More Charlie in different styles. Which looks best?

Here's some unfinished concept art that I'm still working on. The background was partly done in real media, over a bunch of scribbles, burns, and inkbleeds. All I did after making it was scan it and add in the whooshing effects with the watercolour brush.  haven't touched it in a while since I've been kinda busy, so here it is just in case I don't finish it.   kueFr.jpg

I like the one with his... uh... head cut off.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Was wonder if someone could do a sketch/drawing for me? There is a sci-fi character I wanted to get an image of because I can't find a good enough one online.

• edited 2012-11-12 22:11:52

Hmm, is it a character you created yourself, or are you asking for fanart?

Oh, and speaking of fanart, here's the first part of that BTL groupshot I drew. 
    m4D3I.png

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^ In case anyone wonders why I've gone cervine again.

• A few quick sketches of the other main character of my webcomic and the first implementation of the font I'll be using for word bubbles.

a3gnR.png

*Brofist for God Hand reference*

• edited 2012-11-14 13:00:42

God Hand will remain my favourite Beat-'em-up until either I die or zombie Clover make sa God Hand 2.

Oh, and here's a quick comic I did in response to someone posting a video of TF2 characters screaming about their penises and stuff.
    8wHgw.png

• Poot dispenser here

Would said video happen to be "Sexual GRN Team?"

• No, it was "psychically_unstable_merasmus_and_his_wacky_roommates.cornflakes"

• A quick comic I did where the challenge was to draw without erasing. It was horrible, and I quit before resolving anything. Ah well, at least I practiced today. Also, I was dinking with formatting. that part was fun, at least.

AB1aH.png 7tSnQ.png

• Yw9MS.png

I did this a little while ago as practice for doing layouts, and never finished it. Any thoughts?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Like the art style. As far as layouts, go, though, I think some of your elements are a little too inconsistent. For instance, there's a lot of negative space on the right side of the page when compared to the left, which feels kinda strange. There's also an odd mix of even and even shapes; I'd suggest using more uneven borders for your visual objects to go with the general tone, like the left image and the speech bubble at the bottom of the page. 

Having more black, jagged intrusions on the upper left image would also held tie the whole thing together, as would adding some kind of chaotic effect to the upper right speech bubbles. I can see you're going for a more natural tone of voice with them, so perhaps using more faded shades, or using the illusion of faded, scratchy paper would be a good idea? 

I guess my essential point here is that I feel the page as a whole is a bit imbalanced and the presentation of individual visual objects is inconsistent. I think you've got a great grasp of every individual element, but need to tie them together more effectively. 

• Wow, thanks for the crits, Alex. I really appreciate it.

I'll try making another page so that I can work on addressing your points.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

No problem. There's no doubt you have the essence of artistry well worked-out, though, because your grasp of general form, use of colour and so on create effective individual pieces. With some development in terms of presentation and the use of space, I'd consider you adequately skilled to do professional work on your own steam, at least within your favoured style(s). 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    instead of studying for the final I have in an hour I doodled Higurashi

tumblr_mejxnkYSYB1rv37qjo1_1280.jpg

how you people make the pencil/pen/whatever do what you actually want it to I'll never understand
  • I gotta bunch of long-delayed pieces from my visual communications class.

Sleepy Hollow

Odd-looking still-life

Pastel Eye

Stay tuned for more!

• edited 2012-12-20 23:54:25
    They're somethin' else.

Yes, I have been playing Puzzle Bobble, why do you ask?

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-12-29 16:12:05

I wonder if that beard is just an extension of his baleen...?

Best finger I've drawn without a reference.

• I drew this a few weeks ago.

dmb5wME.png

Gonna try and draw more tonight.

• Oh yeah, I drew a few more things as well that I forgot to post:

H9A92.png

BGvGv.png

2FVjn.png

L93TO.png

FmMks.jpg