If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer doodles and sketches

14567810»

Comments

• They're somethin' else.

Ashley's my favorite of your characters.

Here's that dino thingy of mine, this time spitting out a hadouken/ mega buster hybrid for some reason

A friend of mine I sketched live. Apparently, he's a fan of Dunkey. I don't really much care for him but whatev

One time as a youth I saw a girl one halloween wearing her hair in a beehive, her hair dyed bright green. She had googly eye things on the top of her bangs and her bangs were braided to look like tentacles. Pretty clever for her to make a Cthulhu out of her hair. This is my tribute to her.

• 6NBlXTb.png

B8EFsUd.png

Drew these a few minutes ago, as part of one of those one-shots I mentioned.

• edited 2013-03-25 21:16:44
    They're somethin' else.

... the second drawing. The guy has kind of a flat looking head?

• Hah, yeah, I wasn't finished with it yet. That curve is the outline of the brim of a hat.
  • edited 2013-04-18 19:31:01

I finished a painting just now. It's titled 'Betrayal of Moon by the Coward Mountain'. There's a whole backstory, but I'm feeling pretty lazy right now. But I will say, however, that the moon looking like an egg wasn't unintentional. Also, I gotta say, I really like how the other mountains came out.

1Za6lH7.png

lol mountain rape face.

Lets this be known as the first non nohaynicklibre usage of Yaranaika.

• Drew another thing (It's still unfinished, though)

Opz8kCG.png
  • zjkSpGm.jpg

The painting I mentioned elsewhere, a reworking of this:

Kdt690W.png

You know your stuff.

• That's definitely a huge improvement.  Good job.

• Kichigai birthday!!

I like that bird-tree on the right

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Some world-building for a project I've been working on:

(My main character, Aya. The thunderbird perched on her arm is named Halu.)

(Aya's home (and Halu's, who nests in the lighthouse), before and after the events that kick off the story.)

(The citadel of Arc, a key location in the story. There are just as many layers below ground as above.)

• Thanks for the compliments, guys. 

I'm currently drawing a character sheet/"cover" for the comic now. Here it is so far: 

YBfAfSN.jpg

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Clockwork horse-thing.

Bringing this thread back. Have a clockwork-golem-horse-thing.

Jawsome

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

So, uh, this is my doodle, and this is my "model". Can I count on your criticism?

• edited 2014-12-21 10:50:27

Forehead is too small on the doodle, and the mouth conveys a noticeably different expression.

...I don't know what that means.

• Also you should probably shade around the nose a bit more, and the hair looks squared.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Thanks guys. You can of course tell if there's anything else. As for the photo itself, looked to me like it could be good for practice. 

• edited 2014-12-21 18:48:03
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The doodle looks older and also less happy than the model.  I think the eyes are slightly higher and there's less smile.

That said, the fact that it looks like a normal face is better than anything I can do.  I can't draw noses.  Or lips.  Or eyes.

After having messed up a not bad drawing by too many attempts to correct the nose, I am inclined to admit noses aren't my forte either. Ears as well. Oh, and the shape of the face probably isn't right. Not posting a pic 'cause the "model" doesn't know she's one. You know. Photos on Facebook. Wouldn't feel right.

• Maybe it's my weaboo talking, but I don't tend to notice noses when I look at faces. Maybe a simple downward angle with a line would do, perhaps.

• I've found that ctrlpaint.com is an useful resource for beginning. Its main goal is digital painting, but it also focuses on traditional drawing as a foundation.

• I guess it's about time I post here. Look at the rock I made!

• edited 2015-10-26 18:50:52
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Bit of an improvement since the last time... looks like. I'll take a look at my drawing tomorrow, and perhaps post it here if I bother to use a scanner. Noses still aren't my forte, I can't quite grasp how to draw it when there's no hard line. Oh, and I think I have a problem with keeping eyes on the same level. The model probably wouldn't recognize the portrait, but I'm getting there, I hope. Also, I've realized that me drawing on a flat desk skews my perspective probably just enough for it to be visible.

edit: ...I guess I'm not posting it. Can't get the eye right.

• I drew a bunch of old dudes! (and one old lady):

kYVHoql.png

vo6kVsO.png

I started working through Fun With A Pencil by Andrew Loomis. Hopefully I'll get results.

Also you can see part of my thesis there.