If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer doodles and sketches

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!

• Kichigai birthday!!

• They're somethin' else.

Belongs to a friend of mine, though he drew it as I was getting butt plundered at Battletoads.

Another friend of mine drew me a cubone. If I could find her tumblr, I'd link it to you guys.

• edited 2012-05-17 05:24:08
    e: Removed.

The colors service it well.

A bit whispy, though.

• I doodled this while testing out a new drawing software.

Fatman.jpg

• No rainbow star

Hmm... Would it be appropriate to put sketches of possible comic styles I may be using here?

DEW EET

• Comics? Did someone say "comics"? If so, you ought to check out the "Let's Make a Webcomic" thread over at BTL. I'm dying to get something done.

• Or you could just do it here. Or both.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

that would get annoying very quickly, having to crosspost all the time

• edited 2012-05-17 01:04:25

Both. I just don't want to derail this thread with comic-talk.

Which is to say: Post whatever here, but please check out that thread.

• You're pretty great at that kind of art style, Formal, I just don't know what it's called.

Goddamn, watching you people is making me wish I learned how to draw. 

• edited 2012-05-17 16:55:19
    No rainbow star
    Ok, which of these three should I do as a style for a comic?

Obviously these are quick sketches

This style would be more akin to El Goonish Shive and other such webcomics

One on the left would be like Erin Esurance and the like. So a flat, paper like style with limited shading

One on the right... I can't think of anything to compare it to. So think of a more refined version of that
  • No rainbow star

...Er, should I get them scanned in and do refined coloured versions to get the opinion?

• Icalasari, I'm going to be honest, the one on the left is off putting for reasons I can't quite explain. The one on the right, however, looks perfect for the proportions you're going for. Go with the dotty eyed one.

• No rainbow star

^ Probably uncanny valley (it's why I'm doing an anthro comic with few human characters)

Thanks for the input!

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-05-18 18:44:28

http://i.imgur.com/WrdYx.jpg?1?1248

Drew this about a month ago. It was a hypothetical redo of the school mascot, a viking, hence the books and pencils inscribed on the shield. It's a huge image, I had to use another photo-hosting site just to post it.

• No rainbow star

^ Why are you not doing a webcomic?

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-05-18 21:21:49

I was doing one with another member at one point. It was one based upon Edgar Allan Poe. We had a lot of great concepts and designs, but we never found time to do our respective creative duties. By this point, schoolwork is swallowing up our free time, so it's practically cancelled.

I'm also absolute crap at keeping to a schedule. :P

• edited 2012-05-18 18:53:46
    Kichigai birthday!!

^^Because he can draw

^ Now you ruined my epic joke! ;_;

• No rainbow star

^^ I always joke that if I ran a webcomic, I'd one day go and check it for updates and then say, "...Why isn't the comic uOh crap I'm the artist"

• It was late, nohaynicklibre, but ZING! XD

FOR ODIN!

• edited 2012-05-19 12:59:31

Here's an unfinished picture that I started after I decided to try coming up with something straight out of a cheap Saturday morning cartoon.

fFPtf.png   No, that's not just crappy perspective, his arm is really that huge. The other guy is the reanimated corpse of his traitorous dead best friend, come back to life through some combination of fleshwork and technomancy.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

That would have to be really crappy perspective.

• No rainbow star

I got to making the first page. I plan to do the refining in Photoshop

Just not sure about the whole eye in last panel indicating the main character just woke up from a nightmare

I like.

• No rainbow star

That's good to hear. And the digitally inked version should be up by the 26th