If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

1272829303133»

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    *shake shake shake*
  • edited 2022-03-05 17:06:21
    So neo Kamigawa has some pretty ugly ass cards. I wonder what all the fuss is about.
    Holy shit this is fucking awesome!!
    Oh my God I'm the motherfucking Fist of the North Star Jesus Christ!
    "The squirming is how you know it’s fresh." Fuck yes! You are the best sac outlet ever!
    (Note: the cards are pretty, also unfortunately for the meme format no card references hunger.)
    So yeah, I got around to drafting the set:

I ended up 6-3. I had doubts about splashing white, though in the end it worked out fine, although despite all the sagas Satsuki was useless. The Modern Age is surprisingly useful, even without a large amounts of ninjas

I ended up 4-3. I had doubts about Tribute to Horobi but left it in due to some website's advice, but after facing a ninja deck in game that used the rat tokens to trounce me, I immediately put it away.
    Oddly enough I tried to do both the double-ninjutsu and the ninjutsu-at-end-of-combat tricks but the game wouldn't let me.

You'll notice this is a five-color pile with very few creatures, it started as GW but after I opened Hidetsugu on pack 2 and some goading I was made to splash black and red for it, then after losing once (or was it twice?) I made it all colors, more out of novelty than anything. On one hand if I had been more focused in my colors maybe I would've made a better deck, on the other hand I ended up 6-3 so no complaints. I also got to live the O-Kagachi dream once (twice if you count the time The Kami War got removed immediately) and I had no mana color issues at all (though I did get hurt once by drawing Rugged Highlands instead of any basic land).

I like reading these cards list and wonder what they'd come off as for somebody not acquainted with the sets' context.

It's surprising how nicely the cards play together. Funky interactions aren't rare in other sets, but in this set they're very common and happen without trying hard or downright by accident, so for example you saga creature was actually a Kappa Tech-wrecker, getting you the modified creatures count you needed this combat, then with the kappa's trigger you destroy their Touch the Spirit Realm to get back some artifact you didn't care much about but it triggers some enter-the-battlefield ability and now that you have both artifacts and enchantments you can...
    That plus the mostly balanced colors and archetypes and allowing for both fast and grindy decks, yeah, it's a good time to draft.
    I skipped most of Crimson Vow (and from the looks of it I didn't miss much, at least in limited it wasn't well-received) and I thought I'd leave for good but I think I'll make some more time for this, though I'm being hindered by the fact that the mobile client is not working on my phone.
    Edit: Accidentally two words.
  • So I finally got around to formatting and fixing this stuff. Unfortunately since it's been so long I don't remember these drafts at all and so I'm kind of guessing based on what I had saved as draft decks and what I had writen as (IJBM's) draft:

7-2 BR Goodstuff
    Deck

?-? I forgot, I think it's this RBG aggro deck

7-1 GW Enchantments

3-3 UB Ninjas

7-1 UB The Saga of Ninjas

2?-3 RGwub aggro, once again The Kami War proved useful, and multicolor mana easy to get.

1-3 URw artifacts semi-control (the white splash was mainly for Farewell, which unfortunately did not quite work out)

5-3 WRu aggro (the blue splash was mainly for Tezzeret, which worked out splendidly)

So that's it for Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty. I did not play New Capenna or Battle for Baldur's Gate at all (from what I heard both were awful, the latter for the same balance reasons its predecessor Adventures in the Forgotten Realms was awful)
  • edited 2022-09-18 06:01:59
    I heard Dominaria United was great, so I thought I would go back to the game. Here are my first Quick Draft results:

7-1 WUR

Danitha is love, but Micromancer isn't far behind.

1-3 WUR control. I forgot to save this deck and had to reproduce it from memory

3-3 RGWb aggro with some dominion.

In hindsight perhaps the black splash wasn't worth it

5-3 WUg go wide

1-3 WUB defenders

I'm disappointed, I thought I would get much better results with what's easily the most synergetic deck I've made.

6-3 White aggro with a little bit of black and green

I can't help but notice the format is quite slow. Also most decks I've seen are at least three colours, and it's not easy to see the individual archetypes shine through or otherwise be differentiated from each other, with them being some variant of domain, go wider, spellslinging and the occasional defenders deck. That said, I'm clearly in the minority that does not prefer that kind of line-blurring so it's not something that should be held against the set. Other than that, I've found it immensely fun so far.
  • WB Aggro

6-3, my first take at drafting a decidedly aggro deck. Not bad I'd say, especially considering I lost a game due to a disconnection. Also obviously I thought Defiler of Faith was good, but after it took over one game I was about to lose, my respect for it has risen. I didn't get to use Serra Paragon's ability even once.

WGB aggro

4-3, extraofficially 5-2, my fifth victory was counted as a defeat, I believe this happened after cancelling the queue right before a match was found, I've had it happen before due to disconnects, at that point it'd be fair to say I lost but in this case I won fair and square and got a refund for it. I wanted to keep playing with that deck tho, also I heavily considered dropping green.

GU rampy domain

7-2, I thought I was going to get trounced, but apparently just playing whatever big stuff there is is enough to go head-to-head with most other decks.

WG Go wide aggro

5-3, after the previous draft results I thought this would be a 7 wins deck for sure, but drafting wouldn't be as good as it is if it were predictable.
    I can't help but notice the format is quite slow.
    That said, I find aggro decks to be viable if you force yourself into the more aggro, go wide cards.