If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2013-12-06 22:53:52
    There is love everywhere, I already know

that's because you've never been on the more... obsessive parts of HJU

Also, Kill la Kill's premise and OP interest me now, but the feel of the animation I'm getting from screenshots is keeping me from ever giving it a try.

Have you read any other sports manga or watched any sports series that you would recommend?

REAL seems good.

• edited 2013-12-06 23:42:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It's interesting to notice how Chieri Sono is a little more mature than her peers.  Despite being drawn just as cutedorably, her words and actions set her apart.

And of course, Sonata Shinonome is a little less mature.

• edited 2013-12-07 00:02:54

>a little

Anyways, Chieri is probably because she spent a lot of time alone and was able to gain a better sense of introspection and a little more confidence in her own opinions.

Which is a fun little contrast to Nagisa, who had always had her friends closeby and was therefore free to let loose and be a kid more despite the conditions on her home planet. Therefore she lacks a lot of introspection as she's lived all her life taking in information and she lacks confidence in her own opinions because of the sheer amount of support she was provided by her friends and mother.

woah nuances in AKB0048

• edited 2013-12-07 01:31:28

Hey, it DOES contain quite a bit of nuance.

And for that matter, I was surprised at how much it actually justified its crazy setting premises.  Like why there was an entertainment ban in the first place.  It didn't do what I would ideally have expected, but at least it actually tied the crazy mysticism and Sensei-Sensei and Center Nova stuff to the entertainment ban -- and not in the worst way I imagined either.

• edited 2013-12-07 02:05:15

Also for some reason Blue Rose from Tiger & Bunny looks kinda reminiscent of Laffinty from Lagrange.

Speaking of Laffinty, I ran across some footage of her reaction to Asteria's revealing that the woof was a lie, wherein Laffinty's face gains a bright-red aura rather than turning brown-red.  Maybe that's the DVD release?  Ehh, I preferred the brown-red face.

*looks around*

*runs away from Laffinty*

• edited 2013-12-07 04:14:08

that's because you've never been on the more... obsessive parts of HJU

From recent experience, /m/ is probably worse.

Also, Kill la Kill's premise and OP interest me now, but the feel of the animation I'm getting from screenshots is keeping me from ever giving it a try.

The animation is good. Pretty fluid, generally lots of movement. Most likely not realistic or anything, but then why would you even want that from a cartoon?

Also, I'm not really sure what the premise actually is, since I heard that the first half is like a "warm-up" (and it seems like the boss fight is coming up pretty soon, so there's no way Satsuki's dictatorship is gonna last as a plot focus). Maybe it'll be like My-HiME were the premise isn't even revealed until more than halfway through.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Satsuki's dictatorship is an interesting start. Most likely the second part of the show will be about a far more corrupt and decadent and oppresive system.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I have no idea what that is, though glasses girl does look cute.

Sekai Seifuku, starts airing in Winter.

AMNESIA... it's in that weird place where most of it kind of slapped me in the face with weird but the ending was actually really great and fun.

I really liked the concept that it decided on at the end; memories may be gone and forged and gone again, but the experience will always remain... somewhere out there, even if you have no choice but to forget.

but really this is no endorsement and in fact DO NOT WATCH IT

• edited 2013-12-09 11:09:29

Kamigami no Asobi is getting an anime, there are no words, there are really no words.

• edited 2013-12-09 23:00:08

What is Kamigami no Asobi?

Also, who usually writes the music for fripside's songs?

• edited 2013-12-10 00:16:12

Kamigami no Asobi is a PSP VN bishie thing about a shrine maiden who gets a god harem at a magical school, made by the people who made UtaPri (Broccoli) and music by ELEMENTS GARDEN (Who did the music for UtaPri and obviously Symphogear). Hopefully it'll get picked up by A-1 as well despite the lack of sellable music or the star power behind UtaPri for it's events (It does have Ono Daisuke and Kamiya Hiroshi).

And the bishie gods have transformation sequences and Anubis is the best thing.

sat writes all the music and most of the lyrics for fripSide and all the music for ALTIMA, but sometimes Nanjou Yoshino will write the lyrics for fripSide. I think most of the lyrics for ALTIMA are written by Kurosaki Maon and motsu though.

sat also writes for a whole bunch of other artists (Most noteably this year the Ro-Kyu-Bu SS OP/ED single).

Hakuoki and Hiiro no Kakera are apparently not the same thing, this is the entire reason I never gave Hakuoki a chance!

• edited 2013-12-10 00:30:42

So I've been listening to the off-vocal version of 正義を信じて、握り締めて.

Am I weird in that I find this fully enjoyable, as it is?  i.e. with no voice part.  I'm enjoying the music, and it doesn't feel like anything's missing.

(also DAT F MINOR CIRCLE OF FIFTHS PROGRESSION)

• > not missing glorious aoi yuuki

D:

D:

• edited 2013-12-11 23:49:50

As I thought, we're all psycho~~~~

This will be the best thing.

> watching Ys 1 anime (a.k.a. Ancient Books of Ys)
    > Adol passes out on the beach after shipwrecking from a storm
    > sub: "You surprised us, you were passed out, leaning on the town gates."
    > dub: "You were found washed up on Whitebone Beach, passed out cold."

• I am suddenly kind of excited for Robot Girls Z. This will make up for Vividred being dull.

• edited 2013-12-15 18:28:35

Kinda interesting how Chris's two insert songs in Symphogear are tonally very far from each other: Makyuu Isshi-Bal is in E-flat minor while Tsunaida Te Dake ga Tsumugu mono is in A major.

Considering that E-flat and A are on opposite sides of the full chromatic Circle of Fifths (albeit discounting the major/minor qualifiers), one could say she did a musical 180.  Which corresponds thematically to her character in the first season.

See, I really appreciate little things like these.

Is it true that dubs tend to have slightly wordier characters due to the need for more syllables to match lip flaps?

• ^^ Why did it take you so long to point this out?

• edited 2013-12-15 23:18:42

one could say she did a musical 180.

She didn't though (bywhich I mean watch G already).

Also, Bye-Bye Lullaby has much harsher lyrics than Maikyuu Ichaival, which is both hilarious and pretty awesome since they're more thought out than just MURDER MURDER YEAAAAAAAAAH.

• edited 2013-12-16 02:23:44

@Naas: because I don't really like that A major song that much, for some reason.  It feels a little forced/cheesy.

• That outfit looks waaaaay skeevy, man.

Also apparently it's mecha-themed. (note:same picture there)

That outfit looks waaaaay skeevy, man.

It

is

about

Twintails.

That is all that matters.

Yeah, I've been following the LNs (Releases and summaries, because I can't read Japanese for an entire page lest my head overheat) since the second one, I think.

• edited 2013-12-16 11:34:00

See, now you're being even creepier.

edit: if anybody wants to bring up Kill la Kill or He-Man, neither of those has characters looking absotively prepubescent dressed up like that.

I should listen to that A major song Tsunaida Te Dake ga Tsumugu mono to make myself more familiar with it.  Maybe I'll warm up to it gradually.