If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2013-03-15 15:33:00

RE: Anime openings

The vid reminds me of all those "Hot Limit" vids. Also, off the top of my head, I can think of at least one, major, major exception. Shin Mazinger's two openings didn't have pondering going on. And everyone was being really, really expressive in unsubtle ways. But I guess openings that are almost entirely action and fight scenes is something rare? Not to mention the first opening had little footage that wasn't from the actual show, or at least portrays a specific scene that happens in the show.

• edited 2013-03-15 15:41:01

It's not like OPs that don't have the things in that video are super rare, it's just that the things in that video are extremely common, since they tend to be pretty functional ways of showing the cast and other important elements and being visually impressive.  Also seriously one of them is just people walking that isn't really something that you can call a cliche.

• edited 2013-03-15 15:47:22

Well, Shin Mazinger's openings didn't even have people walking, so nothing is really inevitable. Even the robots didn't really walk in the openings.

• edited 2013-03-16 06:20:29
    There is love everywhere, I already know

This should be an anime :{

So, everything has 2-3 episodes left before the end of the season so let's see what we're dealing with!

Aiura - Slice of life schoolgirl stuff. Not really interested.

Aku no Hana - Hey, that one manga about the pervert being blackmailed about liking the one girl is getting an anime. This will probably be creepy and not fun, so no.

Arata Kangatari - Two boys switch worlds, only reason this is even on my radar is it being a Bandai Distro. Looks fun, but not for me. Also surprisingly it's written by Yuu Watase of Fugishi Yuugi fame, who I thought quit writing years ago.

Danchi Tomoo - This looks cute and slice-of-life-ey, has potential for growth with the dad thing but I think it's shorts. If it's shorts I'll definitely watch.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge - Hair fetish, so no.

Date A Live - Onee-chan Daisuki da yo! Seems fun, in that weird Hidan no Aria way (helps that the one girl does look like Aria) but not fun enough.

DD Fist of the North Star - Hokuto no Ken shorts hold no interest for me.

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation - I'm on the fence about this one, since the game has a weird plot and I'd prefer if it were more of a mon series than it'll probably be.

Dibeetagurashi - Bird comedy, not much else, probably not. Majestic Prince - I was going to watch this but it feels off somehow. Might change my mind cause mecha.

Haitai Nanafa 2 - More youkai shorts!

Nyarko-san W - The lovecraftian comedy returns with even more Rider apparently. Didn't watch the first, won't watch the second.

Hataraku Maouusama - Looks fun but not fun enough. If it were summer I'd probably watch it ala Binbougami Ga!

Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties - Never watched one of these, not starting now.

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - Everybody seems to preemptively hate this show but I feel like it'll turn out good, but it's not my kind of show.

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride - This might as well be the definition of "not my kind of show". Looks Queens Blade or Ikki Tousen-ey

Jewelpet Happiness - Relying on whether it's as weird as Kira Deco.

Joujuu Senjin Mushibugyou - Tetsuya Kitahara is in this right? That's the only reason I'd even consider watching it.

Kakumei Valvrave - Definitely watching. Mecha plus Mizuki Nana with T.M.Revolution

Karneval - I've decided not to. It doesn't look worth it, it's really no Hakkenden.

Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku - Lucky Star spinoff, not for me.

Namiuchigiwa no Muromisan - Mermaids! This I might watch, it looks halfway interesting.

Oreimo. - Didn't watch the first, not watching this one.

Photo Kano - Dating sim about cameras and idols, seems fun, might consider, not expecting anything near good but it might be entertaining.

Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live - Watching for sure.

RDG Red Data Girl - Maaaaaybe. I'll watch the pre-air to see if it interests me.

Shingeki no Kyojin - I've read the manga for this. Didn't like it. Not watching.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Maybe? Seems interesting enough plus this means I'm forced to watch all the episodes weekly instead of forgetting after watching one episode of the original. Also Bandai distro.

Sparrows Hotel - Seems like a boob show so no.

Suisei no Gargantia - Definitely watching it. Mecha plus ChouCho ED (and Minori Chihara OP, but a ChouCho ED!)

Toaru Railgun S - Didn't watch Railgun 1, not watching this either.

UtaPri 2000% - Yes. Maybe. I'll probably just catch up when the seasons over (as I didn't do with Chihayafuru :P)

Yahari wordswordswords Lovecome wordswordswords - Maybe.

Yondemasuyo Azazel-san Z - Didn't watch the first, not watching this one.

Yuyushiki - Data processing club show. No.

Zettai Bouei Leviathan - The Dragon show. No.

What is with the sudden dry spell with good schoolgirl series this season anyways?

So for me... Definites:

• Suisei no Gargantia

• Kakumei Valvrave

• Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live

Definite-Maybes: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Maybes:

• RDG Red Data Girl

• Date A Live

• Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

• Jewelpet Happiness

• LoveCome

DL and Watch Later: UtaPri 2000%

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Oh, right, there's a new OreImo, isn't there?
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

^ You mean Oreimo.

Yup, all they added to the title was the "."

• edited 2013-03-16 14:41:11

Aku no Hana - Hey, that one manga about the pervert being blackmailed about liking the one girl is getting an anime. This will probably be creepy and not fun, so no.

It's not that it's creepy, it's mostly just that none of the characters are relatable and everything is super unrealistic.  So I personally found it pretty hard to be engaged.  It might have gotten better after the small bit of it I read though, but probably not.

Anyway, things I'm definitely watching:

• Oreimo.

• Railgun

• Nyaruko W

• Pretty Rhythm

• Jewelpet

• Haitai Nanafa (if possible.  It probably won't get subbed though.  Or rather, there might not even be raws for it until it gets reaired on TV, like with the first season)

• Namiuchigiwa no Muromisan

• Gargantia

• Valvrave

Probably (most likely will at least try an episode, but dunno if I'll want to keep watching):

• Aiura

• Crime Edge

• Date A Live

• RDG

• Photo Kano

• Yuyushiki

• Leviathan

(I feel like there were more shows than this that I was interested in, but oh well...)

Other shows will be decided on once the season actually starts.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Aku no Hana is plenty creepy. Just, in the creepy good way, not the creepy bad way.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

The premise sounded like it had the potential to be extremely creepy in a good way, so I'm glad to hear that.

• edited 2013-03-16 17:10:56
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> Date a Live

> Date a Dead

My Cute Date Can't Be This Zombiefied!

t. anime crossoverer

• But you never had any to begin with.

The premise sounded like it had the potential to be extremely creepy in a good way, so I'm glad to hear that.

Yeah, it gets very much disturbing later on. I'm still kinda confused why it's considered shonen.

• edited 2013-03-16 17:23:57

Because it's published in a shounen anthology.

My Cute Date Can't Be This Zombiefied!

Already exists.

But really the actual premise of Date A Live is even dumber than what you're suggesting.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^ You know, I was about to say, "You mean Sankarea?" but you beat me to it.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is it related to Live a Live?

• edited 2013-03-17 00:47:40
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Railgun CM with fripSide!

^Is Live a Live about a girl who wants to destroy the world and the only way to stop her is to date her?

• So I guess the new season of Railgun will have cute girls doing cute things and at least one point where Misaka does something cool while shooting a coin with her railgun power.  That PV was so informative, I never would have figured that out on my own.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Cute girls doing cute things?  That concept has never been even tried at all in all of anime history.  Never.

Though now that you mention it, I think that's a concept I could definitely get behind. :P

• I'm almost at the end of Madoka Magica: the Different Story now. Kyouko vs. Mami kinda felt like Natsuki vs. Shizuru in some way. And somehow it sorta made up for Kamen Rider Ryuki never having a "proper" Asakura vs. Kitaoka battle, more or less.

• edited 2013-03-18 22:50:47
    Has friends besides tanks now

Anime club just watched Future Diary's first episode. It sucks that it had to remind me what a promising series this was. Then episode 5 or 6 had to include that one backstory and shit all over the rest of the show's credibility. (Yep, I quit the series over one backstory)

Also, there are some people in the club who just need to shut the fuck up and take a chill pill. But, anime fandom.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So! New Naruto chapter, and it's... somewhat... continued the recent trend of having somewhat-decent chapters.

Unfortunately, I feel that it's really rushed. Up until now, we'd focused on Madara and Hashirama's relationship, and the growing trust and camaraderie between them. This chapter... threw all of that out right at the very beginning, then proceeded to skip over intervening years, only giving us vague details like "The Uchiha Clan recognized the Senju's strength and began to defect to us", before cutting off just before what seems to be the founding of Konoha.

I feel that the chapter would have been best split into two or more, focusing on some of those smaller details- including Hashirama's growth as he grew into his ideals, and Madara's reaction over the death of his brother and how his views of Hashirama changed over the years.

The latest few chapters have been probably some of the strongest of the series, though.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ What ailment requires the chill pills in question? The doctor is listening.

I mostly just mean people who get all jumpy and excited and feel the need to loudly mention their excitement because some ~creepy~ thing gets brought up or something out of context, just because it's creepy/cool or whatever, like (FATE/ZERO SPOILER I THINK I DUNNO I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET) Prelati's Spellbook is made of human flesh. Which is admittedly kind of interesting, but why the shouting.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

While I am never one to complain about enthusiasm, there is a certain degree of decorum to be expected. Just tell them as politely as possible that they don't need to be loud and hope for the best.

Apropos of things to get excited about, Pale Cocoon is a really cool short despite frustrating me by baiting me with awesomeness and then ending.

It would be tough to do that when everyone is so loud and no one else seems to mind. I don't want to be that asshole.

Yep, I quit the series over one backstory

I would probably be against this if I didn't watch the whole thing and wish I didn't.

Anyways, I have no life, let's go three+ months into the future and look at Summer! A surprisingly eventful summer! Things that look exciting:

And it's not even Summer yet but I'm already tired of hearing about Sailor Moon, which I personally think will suck quite a bit.

• Hey, does anyone know whether Fate/Zero will get a home video release besides those Blu-Ray boxes with painful-looking price tags?

Yes.

For now? No.

In the future? Probably Dub-only and only after the dub finishes airing on Neon Alley.

• You can change. You can.

And it's not even Summer yet but I'm already tired of hearing about Sailor Moon, which I personally think will suck quite a bit.

Man nobody has said shit about it except the fans

But I've heard lots of anime fans spouting the exact same kind of old stuff is instantly good nonsense every kind of fan does talking about it.