If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Kill them! KILL THEM ALL!

I laughed at this week's chapter. I'm no yaoi fan, but I can't help shipping Madz and Hashi!

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, if your homeworld is being invaded by alien factions that are importing their drama with them, and you are responsible for a significant piece of your homeworld's defense force, I would imagine there's good excuse to be too busy to date anyone.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I'm not sure where to place Synchrogazer from Symphogear, (and it doesn't quite fit in this category anyway) but it's honestly better than Connect.

Taking them out of context because I want to talk about anison; Synchrogazer is more solid than Connect. Connect is a bit more emotional (I'd compare it with something like BRIGHT STREAM, though that's more emotional than Connect) but Syncrogazer (-Aufwachen Form- especially) is my favorite song of 2012.

Anyways, ENERGY (The TV Size) has that piano in the middle which is just :D

Is there any anime or manga where the characters do have a dating life, but it's pushed into the background so it's just a statement of "yes, these people do have lives outside of what you see". Also, AKB48 horror?

Yeah... it's called Sword Art Online (Never watch it). You could say Accel World has Haru/Yukiko (I bet nobody cares about V13 spoilers here anyways plus it's a dumb spoiler). Mayaka and Satoshi from Hyouka could count.

Also, anime MCs usually have no life aside from what amazing thing just happened to them, so even dating is a stretch.

There are three entire 13 episode seasons of AKB48's horror drama (It's called Majisuka Gakuen), though it eventually just turns into an almost fighting-slash-shonen thing after the first couple episodes. no3b also had their on drama, but I never watched it.

[00:04:43] fourteenwings: but the S2 Lagrange does not have as good an OP!
    [00:05:03] But the plot is more solid!
    [00:06:04] the plot of S1 was interesting
    [00:06:05] because it was like
    [00:06:09] a perspective into something greater
    [00:06:21] like y'know how it feels when you feel like you've walked into the middle of something
    [00:06:30] yo uknow something else is going on but you are not told what is, you only see part of it
    [00:06:46] it felt both incomplete and organic because of that

• edited 2013-03-02 04:08:33

@glennmagusharvey See, this is why you should take both seasons as a single story. Season 1 was just vague about everything.

Well, if your homeworld is being invaded by alien factions that are importing their drama with them, and you are responsible for a significant piece of your homeworld's defense force, I would imagine there's good excuse to be too busy to date anyone.

I'm sure there's a character somewhere who managed this. Maybe not from an anime, though.

Taking them out of context because I want to talk about anison; Synchrogazer is more solid than Connect. Connect is a bit more emotional (I'd compare it with something like BRIGHT STREAM, though that's more emotional than Connect) but Syncrogazer (-Aufwachen Form- especially) is my favorite song of 2012. 

Yeah, I get what you mean. I think. Also, I should have specified that Connect isn't all that great when I judge it specifically based on memorability. Cardcaptor Sakura's 2nd OP was vaguely in my memory since like, 1999 or 2000, and I don't think I ever really forgot it, even through those years before I started using the internet to look for clips online and stuff.

Also, anime MCs usually have no life aside from what amazing thing just happened to them, so even dating is a stretch.

Hmmm, after my previous post, I remember that one of the Dancouga Nova pilots (Aoi) had an off-screen boyfriend. (well, four episodes in, and his only "appearance" was a phone call) Although Aoi seems to be the most adult of the main cast, anyway. So just being and adult, I guess her kind of character is a bit of a rarity, as far as main characters go. She seems to be a big exception to the "no life outside the story" thing too, since she's also a champion racecar driver and a model. Actually, all of the Team D members have some life outside of the giant robot piloting, except maybe Sakuya.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Didn't you only watch the first episode? There was no opening in that one, and the theme song was only during the end credits, and you didn't sound like you were paying attention by then.

I guess that's why I wouldn't remember it. :V

With that said, it would be safe to say that I wasn't paying attention by the end because the rest of the show leading up to it was fucking terrible (with the exception of grandpa weasel).

• edited 2013-03-02 07:41:13
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I'm sad that this is on a Region Locked Console.

First SKET Dance and now Fairy Tail? I hate when long running shows get canceled. I'm glad to see Driland taking it's place though.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The Wii's region locking is incredibly easy to bypass anyway.

• edited 2013-03-02 10:18:11

I'm glad to see Driland taking it's place though.

What does this even mean?  They're just going to give Tanken Driland a new timeslot?

Also how is it that subs for Tanken Driland are like 20+ episodes behind?

Oh hey Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou looks cool.  Art style looks nice and more Nanoha+DARKNESS is... a thing, anyway.  Well, we'll see...  Also, checkerboard floors like in BRS.

• edited 2013-03-02 10:32:42

What does this even mean?  They're just going to give Tanken Driland a new timeslot?

Yes.

Also how is it that subs for Tanken Driland are like 20+ episodes behind?

Nobody even noticed it existed and even I forgot I was watching it.

Oh hey Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou looks cool.  Art style looks nice and more Nanoha+DARKNESS is... a thing, anyway.  Well, we'll see...  Also, checkerboard floors like in BRS.

I will watch this.

Hey a non!Mayuyu member of AKB48 wants to be a seiyuu. This'll be fun -_- Though Orine did have a decent voice I guess.

The cover of that Wii game is assaulting me with RAINBOWS AND PRETTY COLORS...and it is GLORIOUS.

Her name is Nanami Madobe. :v

You won't find Madobe, here in Nairobi!

• edited 2013-03-02 19:52:23

"Kono Sora no Mukou" is such a good song that commercial makes me want to buy that game just for that.

Also, apparently Honoka and not-Honoka are greens, or something, despite being, you know, not.

• For some reason, the "Tsuburay Pro." tag on nicoviewer gets me a bunch of Madoka Magica x Ultraman vids. This amuses me.

So apparently Potemayo is a thing. It looks adorable as fuck, so I think I might start watching it.

• edited 2013-03-02 23:29:20

Similar Anime

Hanamaru Youchien
    TV Series, 2010, 12 eps, 6.24 (1056), 7.50 (1067)

Approval: 86.44% (59 votes)

So... yeah it'll probably be cute I guess?  Other than that I know nothing about it.  Except that its art style is somewhat distinctive.  And that Potemayo has the same hair colors as that one joke character from the last episode of Joshiraku.

Oh, yeah, Hanamaru Kindergarten. I guess if I'm going to do anything (besides try to read the 14+ books I have with me for break), I could watch that one.

• edited 2013-03-03 12:31:29

IJBM: not enough merchandise talk around here.

aoiyuukicharacters

In some bizarre alternate universe somewhere, Toei and Tsuburaya made more than one Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider movie, and Aoi Yuuki is in one of them.

Okay, maybe that's not true. But it should be.

homuravstsubasa

Is Alex gonna comment on the technique demonstrated in this picture?

• edited 2013-03-03 12:35:06

not enough merchandise talk around here.

inorite

The Symphogear figmas are really nice, though I'd have preferred Tsubasa's little thingies be painted on shorts on her figma cause they make moving her legs kind of scary despite them being a kinda malleable plastic.

Also displaying Symphogear figmas without singing faces.

In other figure news: There really isn't much right now aside from the Nanoha movie figmas and the iDOLM@STER Cinderella girls.

And why no confirmed release date on my Utapri figures Altair

Oh, that picture you showed me.  It's of the 13 main iM@S characters (incl Ritsuko) and five Cinderella girls.

I am annoyed that it does not feature the 876 Pro trio.

Unless maybe canonically 876 Pro got sued into oblivion for child abuse for messing with Ryou's head regarding gender.

• edited 2013-03-03 13:56:12

I'm more worried about the pointy bits sticking out from Hibiki. They all seem pretty easy to damage.

though I'd have preferred Tsubasa's little thingies be painted on shorts on her figma cause they make moving her legs kind of scary despite them being a kinda malleable plastic.

Oh, come on, they're not gonna be like Mattel. "we hired these super cool big name sculptors, and we make them do generic undetailed bodies so we can reuse body parts ad nauseum by just painting everything on". Although, to be fair, they stopped doing that with at least some of the New 52 figures, what with how chest logos are actually sculpted on now. Basically what I'm getting at is, having costume detail as actual plastic pieces instead of just being painted on is usually better, at least from an aesthetic standpoint.

Also displaying Symphogear figmas without singing faces.

Eh, Hibiki's blackface... face works better for the reference, since it makes her look demonic, which is kind of important for the whole ya know, musical Oni Kamen Rider thing. And Tsubasa's other faces are just "teehee ^_^" and ":|" anyway. Also, this was more of a photoshoot than a display. I might out up some more later.

In other figure news: There really isn't much right now aside from the Nanoha movie figmas and the iDOLM@STER Cinderella girls.

Well, school uniform versions of Mami and Sayaka are coming up. Strangely, they'll actually be easier to get than school uniform Madoka or Homura. And Super Robot Chogokin Gunbuster came out recently. Although I have no interest in that, since I haven't seen Gunbuster.

@glennmagusharvey what picture are you referring to?

Oh, it's a picture fourteenwings linked me to on IRC.

No wait, it's actually a site.  It does have a big picture on it, though.

アイドルマスター ミリオンライブ! THE IDOLM@STER MILLION LIVE! | Lantis web site

• edited 2013-03-03 23:58:27

I'm more worried about the pointy bits sticking out from Hibiki. They all seem pretty easy to damage.

They're all pretty secure on my Hibiki.

Well, school uniform versions of Mami and Sayaka are coming up.

Oh yeah. I don't like the Madoka School Uniform versions. The torso/sweater always looks weird and disproportionate. There are some pretty cool Infinite Stratos Armor Girls Project figures coming up.

Outside of anime figures there are the Kamen Rider Wizard S.H.Figuarts (I'm thinking of getting Beast). I'm not interested in Wizard himself, at least right now...

Also, this was more of a photoshoot than a display. I might out up some more later.

I should get a camera to document nerdness too but I'm pretty sure that after AO BD Box and the School Uniform Vivired figmas I'll have no money for the rest of the year.

Mattel.

I hate Mattel's stuff, well, the stuff I bought from them before I stopped buying Mattel stuff. Since I sort of like comic books now I guess I'll check them out again.

@glennmagusharvey: Whose middle girl under the logo in the iM@S picture anyways?

I don't recognize any of the characters on the right.

• edited 2013-03-04 03:14:24
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I thought before I clicked on the link that they might be from Cinderella Girls, but no, I think they're entirely new characters introduced specifically for this Million Live thing.

Jesus Christ, I think it might have gotten to the point where Idolmaster actually has more official characters than Touhou...

How many Cinderella Girls characters are there?

There are 14 main-series idols (if you include Kotori), then three 876 Pro idols, three Jupiter idols (the three guys), and some large number of Cinderella Girls idols, and now these five, some of whom look like other characters we've seen before.

• edited 2013-03-04 04:40:58

GONZO+Premise that sounds Good :D

I'm not sure but there are at least 7 judging from the figures I follow.

• edited 2013-03-04 05:02:31
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

About 150 so far, plus I think they introduce new idols every week or so nope nevermind about that.

• edited 2013-03-04 06:32:26
    They're all pretty secure on my Hibiki.

That's actually the problem, though. If I accidentally drop my Hibiki, something will actually break instead of "naturally" detaching for easy reattachment. Especially those horns. Plus, those things sticking out from her back interfere with movement a little. Hard to get an "ore sanjou" pose.

There are some pretty cool Infinite Stratos Armor Girls Project figures coming up.

I hear the first IS AGP they did had an off-looking face, though. Do the upcoming ones have that issue?

I should get a camera to document nerdness too but I'm pretty sure that after AO BD Box and the School Uniform Vivired figmas I'll have no money for the rest of the year.

Well, even a really plain camera can work, assuming you don't plan to upload pictures in HD. Lighting and backdrop can be improvised with a table lamp and some cloth or paper. Also, damn you planned out all your spending, even though it's only early March?

I hate Mattel's stuff, well, the stuff I bought from them before I stopped buying Mattel stuff. Since I sort of like comic books now I guess I'll check them out again.

I think their only actual comic stuff (as in, comic designs, not comic-based movie or video game designs) they're doing right now are New 52 figures. Unless you wanna join their Infinite Earths or Black Freighter clubs. If those are anything like their He-Man club, shipping is painful, things you want sell out too fast, and you might have to buy the entire year's lineup instead of picking what you want.