If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• So some of you have tumblrs; can you link me to them, I would love to see some of your stuff.

• Here's mine. It's almost entirely random reblogging.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    freakshowimprov.tumblr.com
  • edited 2012-07-16 14:57:05

Not mine, but the best tumblr anyways. Fully of awesome pictures.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh yeah. I have texts-from-Hinamizawa.tumblr.com too
  • edited 2012-07-16 15:42:16

But the dog would eat the cat. :|

The answer is to get two cats.

We did that too!

Our Chihuahua is smaller than our two cats, so if any of the three animals would get eaten by the others it's probably her. She's also been around our cats since she was a puppy, and thus seems to think that all the (usually bewildered) roaming neighborhood cats are her very best friends, and dislikes all of the neighborhood dogs.

• edited 2012-07-16 16:28:11
    Has friends besides tanks now

So I was going to bring my dog out for a nice walk, but then flying spiders happened all along the porch and deck.

• edited 2012-07-16 16:58:31
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

When introducing people to a new topic or situation, I need to learn to not write up every possibly pertinent bit of information from the get-go.

When introducing people to a new topic or situation, I need to learn to not write up every possibly pertinent bit of information from the get-go.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

sup me

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Did you see what I did when I was telling y'all about my problems associated with getting a new computer?

I wrote out every little (relevant) detail involved in the process.

Instead of just saying "Hi my fellow IJBMers, I have a problem.  My parents and I are arguing over what computer I should take to school with me.  My parents want to buy me a mid-to-higher-end laptop (around $600 to $800), while I want a lower-range or mid-end laptop.  What do?".

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Are they paying for it? If yes, you have the answer.

Thing is, I'm no longer oblivious or ignorant enough to only look at the finances inside my own bubble.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

My Google search for "fortress of lolitude" was dissapointingly fruitless

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Suddenly, a wild chess game appears!!

♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜

♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

best youtube comment or what

• You can change. You can.

@NC: millercross.tumblr.com

^^ YES

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Question for anyone who's read Wheel of Time.

In Winter's Heart, when Rand cleanses Saidin, he funnels the taint into Shadar Logoth. The effect of this is to create a giant black sphere which destroyed anything it touched.
    Now, Shadar Logoth was once a good place, but it decided to fight evil with, well, evil; adopting the harshness and cruelty of the Dark One to fight the Dark One.
    Does this mean that if Rand had actually fallen to his corruption, when he went to fight the Dark One, everything would have been destroyed regardless?

Spoiler:
    It's been like a year and a half since I read the series, but yeah, that's the impression I got. Fighting evil with evil has never really ended well in WoT that I can recall, and the taint is of the dark one's making. Trying to turn that against him would probably be a bad idea.

If nothing else Rand almost certainly would have gone completely shitsnack crazy long before he was ready for a confrontation if he hadn't cleansed the taint. At the end of The Gathering Storm, he comes about three seconds away from snapping and destroying everything before he has his epiphany, and that was after he stopped deteriorating from the taint.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

So, I'm currently reading an excerpt from Atlas Shrugged, specifically that speech. 

why do i do this to myself?

• Because pain and pleasure are the same thing to you?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalk! Crimson is trying to steal your place as Forum Jesus

• http://images.dailydawdle.com/unwilling-bongo-cat.gif

Example of a GIF that amuses me far more than it should.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Why am I pimping my tumblr, I don't post nearly enough for it to be interesting. alkthashicarchives.tumblr

@GMH and Alex - I'm of two minds on that practice. On one hand it gives people every bit of info you think would be relevant to the topic at hand. On the otherhand ends up being less a discussion prompting question and more an essay on the situation that people are left thinking "welp, okay then." about afterwards. 

Forzare-

Spoiler:
    I don't mean corruption from the taint. I meant the way he was hardening himself, sending him down a darker and darker path, to the point he Balefired Graendal's palace just to ensure her death, and utilized the True Power to kill Semirhage.

I'm wondering if Rand, continuing down that path, would have annihilated the world even if he had won, purely through fighting evil with evil.

Like, I'm wondering if that was what caused the Breaking during Lews Therin's time. Would that have been what broke the world? And does Rand's epiphany, and arising as the true Dragon, mean that he might not actually Break the World this time, as Aviendha's future viewings hint?

• edited 2012-07-17 00:21:14
    Loser

glennmagusharvey,

Have you considered trying to stick to some kind of paragraph limit (say three or four) in your posts? While you should take this advice with a grain of salt, I feel like trying to restrict yourself like that can help make you better at being concise. I think you can usually add more posts later on to clarify and not really lose out on much. Anyway, feel free to do whatever you wish. Long posts do not really bother me.

Kate question

This might be pretty obvious, but for those who have tumblrs, what do you usually do with them? While I guess they can be used for blogging or whatever, I was also kind of wondering why people decide to make blogs. For those who have, do you believe you have to have something worthwhile to say before you make a blog or a tumblr or do you really just view them more as places to express yourself?

I just have it to reblog pretty pictures and interact with people. 

I do use them to post my long essays on stuff too but people barely care about those

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Captain Latin America played by Antonio Banderas.

There's that too.