If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

1137913801381138213831385»

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    What a beautiful morning!
    General politics thread

Most recent by glennmagusharvey (new)

Well, okay...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Hoopla is DRM'd as hell and stupid as fuck
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    i'm back, bitches, now typing in ghey lowercase

gainfully employed balding rentoid, on the verge of a midlife crisis, probably further left and way meaner in a way that my old self would've hated

new hobbies in music writing, making radio, blues dancing, concert organizing and volunteering at a local Science On Tap

am watching less animu and reading less fantasy, still Nintendo gaming

how's life here? is there just a handful of people left?
  • Perpetually Peckish
    *waves in sorta new person* here to catch up with an old friend. don't mind me, lol.
  • Hello, long time no see!
    probably further left and way meaner in a way that my old self would've hated
    You missed fourteenwings' stint as a conservative, and the humongous arguments him and GMH would get into over that.
    on the verge of a midlife crisis
    Don't we all?
    Hello again!

Meanwhile I've been thinking about how I've found myself repeating myself on the internet, outside of arguments where I am intentionally doing it for rhetorical reasons.

The most prominent example is that I know I've posted complaints about Madoka Magica a number of times over the years. A more recent example is me posting my thoughts on pronouns again in the politics thread.
  • edited 2024-04-18 04:19:51
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I wonder how much we've all changed over the years. Frankly I'm not the anime person I used to be, but I still watch anime every week basically.

And then there's the insane LEGO addiction...
    probably further left

uhhhhhhhhh
    is there just a handful of people left?

There are six whole people now (including you)!
    fourteenwings' stint as a conservative

I'm not sure that's over but I guess now I'm more an edgy centrist *shivers in sellout*.
    the humongous arguments him and GMH would get into

Those only stopped because we learned to go along to get along (mostly).
  • Those only stopped because we learned to go along to get along (mostly).
    zURt31s.png
    I did not realize my avatar was this cute until just now.
    tbh of the active members i only recall the Polish math teacher, GMH and Stormtroper (Venezuelan, right?)

looks like i didn't miss too much if angry arguments were the most significant event

everyone in general good health/life situation?
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    was i just called out or what

anyway

nice to see you
    everyone in general good health/life situation?
    We're old now, so everyone's got back pains and stuff.
    We're old now, so everyone's got back pains and stuff.

Particularly relevant today.
    only recall the Polish math teacher, GMH and Stormtroper

I would have felt a bit weird being overlooked but now I can rest assured that if you'd been around during the years of hardcore conservacore-ism I'd have also been memorable.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    if you'd been around during the years of hardcore conservacore-ism
    Yeah, he's changed. like, no longer jumps when the "who's not jumping he's a f***got" chant comes around

(I actually saw that happen one time* when I went downtown and stumbled onto a pride parade, with a small counter-demonstration on the sidewalk. The jumping guys had a Catholic priest with them. Oddly enough, he wasn't jumping.)

one of the few downsides of email jobs, that

i need to exercise more, maybe get into some form of yoga or other stretchy form of sport
  • Stormtroper (Venezuelan, right?)
    dat me
    I haven't noticed back issues since getting a work-from-home job (but given bad posture habits, it's only a matter of time). That said, I've gained quite a bit of weight (~10 kg) that I should lose somehow.
    Years ago I looked into stretching exercising after finding out about r/Stretching, but never got around to starting it.
    Meanwhile I've been told I'm losing weight, but so far I'm inclined to believe I'm not yet at this point where undiagnosed illnesses become more likely than odd eating hours.
    he wasn't jumping

Well, he wouldn't.

gqh2n9lg7i7u.jpg

went to a pro-Palestine protest today and looked for footage on Twitter afterwards, apparently a right-wing guy was there filming too, so the reactions under his post were absolutely wild (here's the worst one)
    5wm3s60wqh8j.jpg
    I like Israel and support it's right to defend itself.
  • edited 2024-04-21 06:24:09
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I think the Israeli government* and Hamas have both done some very, very bad things, and are both responsible for perpetuating and worsening the crisis faced by the Palestinians. And ironically, both have had political reasons for perpetuating the conflict, making them strange bedfellows of the worst sort; as such, I don't trust either of them to act in good faith.

And in doing so, they've also run roughshod over countless innocent Israeli and Palestinian lives alike. Just, more Palestinian lives, for the simple fact that Israel has far more firepower.

* Well, the current one, but this applies to Israeli right-wingers in general. Besides, wasn't there a better prime minister a while back who was assassinated for actually trying to find a peaceful resolution to things?
    Sidenote/PSA:

Please do not conflate Israel (the country, or its government, or the actions/intentions of said government) with Jewish people or Judaism.

Similarly, please do not conflate Hamas (the group, or its actions/intentions) or other terrorist organizations with Palestinians or Muslims or Islam.

These are very, very much not the same.

Please do not equate the nasty things done by jerks with all the people of a given ethnic group or religion.
    oh wait, this isn't the politics thread

well, time to drag it back into another topic

https://www.polygon.com/2024/4/20/24134970/discord-arbitration-how-to-opt-out

TL;DR: Discord has added an arbitration clause that forces arbitration for anyone in the United States. The opt-out window is 30 days, starting April 15 (that's six days ago) or whenever you make a new account.
    Also I'm technically speaking not a math teacher, but that was a fun one. (And some of my students give off the impression they only ever saw a math teacher in a picture. I mean, c'mon. It's trigonometry so simple anything simpler than that would be just to speak the word aloud and call it a day.)
    things i just discovered exist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_meditation
    Today, on Day Two of Nine Day Weekend, I Learned: Richard Sharpe Shaver.