If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    whywatchthingsironicallyatall
    likewegonnagetnukedsoon
    enjoygoodstuffwiththelastyearwegot
  • edited 2017-05-27 17:57:13
    So the funniest thing happened in Re:Creators.

(do I need to put a warning for cartoon injuries?)
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    My first reaction was "well that first death took forever".

Probably not what they were going for.
  • I'll be very disappointed in her if that's really the case.

But if it is, then it actually happened more quickly than in Fate/stay Night.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Why is it Kanzaki H. Aria?  Alternatively, why is it Aria H. Kanzaki?

If it's Kanzaki H. Aria, shouldn't it therefore be H. Aria Kanzaki?
    If it's Aria H. Kanzaki, shouldn't it therefore be Kanzaki Aria H.?
  • edited 2017-06-05 17:23:40
    Japanese people don't typically have middle names but either way middle names should go in the middle I suppose.

Similarly, Tiger and Bunny has Kaburagi T. Koutetsu which English subs etc. write as Koutetsu T. Kaburagi.
  • edited 2017-06-06 19:34:03
    Madoka Magica Wraith Arc is disappointing to the point I'm relieved it's easier to take as somebody filling in the blanks after the fact rather than the previously unseen backstory/setup that was always there.

And haha, of course the main conflict ended up as dealing with Witch-related issues yet again.
  • edited 2017-06-06 20:52:58
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Argevollen was seen as low-budget and that it plodded along, iirc. I liked it, if only because it was a simple bildungsroman with a main pair of characters that end up as friends rather than lovers.
  • Note @fourteenwings
    It's a great touch how Aliceteria's ads are just pictures of her crying.

srsly
    I've always wanted to watch Argevollen (KOTOKO OPs, mecha) but the online reaction did put me off. I guess I'll consider it again.

@February I would totally watch her show.
    What was said "online reaction"?
    Well basically everyone on MAL was either "wow this is kind of dull!!!!!!1111!!!!!11!!!" or you'd find the occassional review that was sane and still said it was dull.

Well basically everyone on MAL was either "wow this is kind of dull!!!!!!1111!!!!!11!!!" or you'd find the occassional review that was sane and still said it was dull.

I'm surprised that opining that something is dull could be accompanied by that much intensity of opinion...
    Apparently a really feels sad anime came out, what is it
    Kuzu no Honkai, maybe?
    opining that something is dull could be accompanied by that much intensity of opinion
    You have been on MAL right.
    Venus Ark from Aikatsu Stars! is a cult, I swear.
    • Charismatic leader who you must never question (Elza Forte)
    • You can only be scouted into the school by her
    • She usually does this by calling you the worst and then insisting she can fix you
    • You aren't allowed to be individual, unlike at Four Star, you can only be individual when Elza says you can be
    • Insane doctrine involving saying the word "perfect" over and over
    • It's on a boat, which separates the girls from the whole world
    Venus Ark from Aikatsu Stars! is a cult, I swear.
    • Charismatic leader who you must never question (Elza Forte)
    • You can only be scouted into the school by her
    • She usually does this by calling you the worst and then insisting she can fix you
    • You aren't allowed to be individual, unlike at Four Star, you can only be individual when Elza says you can be
    • Insane doctrine involving saying the word "perfect" over and over
    • It's on a boat, which separates the girls from the whole world

dafuq

This is not a drill.
    So apparently Sash Lilac is one of the other academy leaders in Absolute Duo, and various other roles none of which I've seen.  Also she's still basically only making rounds in Texas, so I shouldn't expect to get my Freedom Planet box autographed anytime soon.
    Earlier today, I was all set to start watching Lady Jewelpet and maybe Jewelpet Tinkle☆. I was going to wholesale marathon both shows before life starts up again, but before that I watched Aikatsu Stars!.

Watching it, I kind or realized why watching a long-running show or catching up on one once it's two cours ahead is kind of hard for me. I really appreciate every episode of Aikatsu Stars! I watch, and speeding through like 4-8 episodes a day for two weeks would definitely not give me that same perspective. I wouldn't really build an attachment to the characters the way it matters.

I could be patient I guess, but I find that highly unlikely for myself. I'd probably just get impatient trying to watch one episode a week. So until I can figure it out, I guess I've put those two on hold.

In the meantime, I started watching Yu☆Gi☆Oh VRAINS. The main thought I had that I think kind of captures it is "exactly what I wanted Digimon Universe to be, but with card games". I'm not sure where I'm going to go with this, or even if I'm going to watch the four episodes that are out now, but I do know that I'm going to try.

After much mulling, I've pulled Fukumenkei Noise from "Watching", to "On Hold" for a moment, before finally being honest and putting it on my "Dropped" list. I don't usually put shows on my dropped list, but I feel it was important to do so because it's a show I've had a lot of thoughts on. Somehow, I just lost the will to go on, which is different from how I usually feel when I drop something.

Fiiiiiinally, I really think Netflix has done ID-0 a great disservice. As of episode 10, I genuinely believe this anime is great. I won't do a full write-up, because my thoughts on it during the first half were mostly in passing and my thoughts on some of the second half are muddled with how badly Seikaisuru Kado imploded.

• whee anticipating disappointment
    Okay so Fate is the show where those girls have those weird plates on their head
  • edited 2017-06-21 21:09:48
    But there's only two characters with that kind of headgear. Maybe three depending on what counts as separate people.

H26XwPs.jpg

I'm not sure when I started picking things to watch just because the casting seemed like it could end up funny, but this might work out.

• This seems to involve schoolgirls imbued with magic powers by "Shinju-sama" to fight monsters.

Things get familiar in such weirdly specific ways.
    I want to watch this but I know I'll spend the whole time feeling like I'm watching something intentionally below below average when there are better things airing that could further my study of animus (bare with) or just end up criticizing the whole show and then watch all of it and read all it's spinoffs (and buy all those character singles I've seen).

I wanted to enjoy BL, but Hybrid Child's second episode would probably get me put on some lists I don't want to be on, and that's without how insanely guilty I feel for finishing it at all.

I've had my interest in 3DCG anime films reignited though, by Biohazard: Vendetta. Hopefully that's subbed soon so I don't have to buy the English version (and I know by the time it gets here I'll be on to the next thing).
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    H26XwPs.jpg

I'm not sure when I started picking things to watch just because the casting seemed like it could end up funny, but this might work out.
    What series is this anyway?
  • Occult Academy. I think it's become my current thing for indulging in Symphogear-related obsessions without actually watching Symphogear.

SVnzBw8.jpg
    I might check it out later; thanks.
    Hitomi is a horrendous plot device.
    Well, yeah, it was kind of amazingly mean and out of the blue. Sayaka's insistence on Kyousuke 'owing' her something felt like enough to carry that along. It's possible to not feel the same way about someone just because.
  • Hitomi is great. Who knew someone could be this guy without being based in jerkish masculinity?
    iJkIpG9.jpg