If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2013-07-08 15:07:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I see.

What about its TV series?

edit: So the plot of this game is basically...this basically plays like a bad guy parody of the JRPG formula.  So far at least.  The main character has so far destroyed a village by accident, murdered numerous innocents, and joined forces with outlaws.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

What about its TV series?

I had no idea one even existed.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Here's the first episode, even!

• edited 2013-07-10 05:31:37

sorry for the triplepost, but...

http://games.asobrain.com/

These guys have stopped letting new members on board.  Specifically: http://games.asobrain.com/pages/news.php?newsID=33

And I forgot about them.  I had an account there that I used back around 2008-2009.  Unfortunately, I haven't logged into it in the last 6 months, so it has been culled.  And I can't make a new one.

They had the best online Settlers of Catan implementation.  Better than JSettlers.  Oh well, there's still JSettlers, I guess...

• All missions clear. All Red Rings obtained. Sonic Generations complete. :3

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Man we should have a "Games Deals" thread. Because on the same exact day of the Steam sale, I find out this is totally a thing.

• edited 2013-07-12 02:37:59

Go ahead and make one! :D

So I just had an odd realization:

I am a bit hesitant to buy (a digital gift copy of) Ys Origin at its current price, US$6.79, because I know it's been at $4.99 before.  I've bought a gift copy at $4.99 before.

But if you were to suddenly offer me (a digital version of) the soundtrack, and ask for $4.99 in return, I would gladly pay it, come to think of it.

So does this mean the soundtrack is worth just as much as the game itself(!)?

• Playing Mega Man Unlimited.

Dear god, it's kicking my ass. o.o

I was just gonna announce that that got released.

DL link here.

• Aaand all 9 Robot Masters defeated. Time to prepare myself for the Fortress Stages.

^ how many testicles and/or time do you have?

And can I borrow some cause holy shit I haven't even gotten to a Robot Master yet?

• Hint: use the shop. It's insanely helpful having things like spike shields or beat to save you from bottomless pits.

Found this a while back and I'm still amused by it: http://choualbox.com/Img/20121021162250L.jpeg

• Played some Donkey Kong Country Returns with a friend last night, and we cleared the first 2.5 zones.  It's... every bit as good as DKC 1&2.  I was surprised.  I hold those two games in very high esteem.  Visuals and audio were stunning, design elements were quirky and really interesting. 

Only thing I didn't like (which is a major part of why it took me so long to play this game) is that there are mandatory motion controls.  No Classic Controller support.  I don't like rattling to roll.  Not cool, Retro; you too, Nintendo. 

• LaiLai
    edited 2013-07-17 17:30:40

Whelp. That first fortress stage.

Spoiler:
    : I do not like that Rush Jet section with the limited Weapon Energy to pick up. Reminds me of that one Jet Section in Doc Needle's stage from Mega Man 3. Better pack some W-Tanks to be on the safe side.

• edited 2013-07-17 17:54:12

I should start playing MMU too.  Wasting time on TF2 feels like...well, exactly that.

• By the way, GMH, if you haven't played Aquaria, you should drop every other game and start playing it now.

If you have, then disregard, etc.

I have, in fact.  Completed the first dungeon.  I need to get around to finishing that.  I remember feeling a bit lost but that was probably intentional in some ways.

• Would say my gaming tastes are kinda mainstream, but I can't. Not really. I actually love Koei's Warriors games, for example.

Anyway, just started another runthrough of Saints 2, even though I know I'll be switching off with my current run of GTA IV, Dead Rising 2:OTR, and Mass Effect 3. I really hope I'll stick with it through the end of the game this time. I'm a chronic restarter.

• Huh. Whaddya know? I guess you can save in between fortress stages in Unlimited.

@Noimporta: Just curious, why do you mention it now?  The game's been around for a few years now.  If you just picked it up, props on doing so and I see by your recommending it to me that you're enjoying it.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-07-18 20:24:48

Just finished the Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta with a rather inconvenient set of four jobs.

White Mage, Berserker, Ranger, Dancer.  FML that was nasty in places.

Also it was my first time actually playing past the Library of the Ancients, so most of the game was blind with that party.

Dang, that must have been a real adventure!  I can't believe you took on the Four Job Fiesta as a first-time player (basically).

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-07-18 21:20:55

It was...something.  I did have to do a certain amount of research while I was going just to make sure I wasn't skipping anything that would be superfluous but helpful in a normal run, but absolutely critical in mine.  Several bosses were not meant to be fought with a party where 3/4 of them have less than 1500 HP and the fourth is uncontrollable.  Omega is a total write-off without Float.  Haven't tried Shinryu yet.

Half the party was nigh-on useless against Neo Exdeath.  The berserker wasn't hitting the bits he needed to, the dancer kept getting oneshot even behind a Shell.  Most of the damage was Holy spam from healers with haste boots, and I had to cheese the Magic Lamp to instakill one of the sections before it could move.

It was kind of fun fighting Omniscient by abusing Berserk and Blink though, and I lucked out getting white mage early.  I don't want to think about having to pull off what I did with all my heals coming from potions and Blood Sword or something (especially since nobody could equip it) and most of my strategies revolved around being able to recover almost instantly from sudden catastrophe.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Grr. Sacrificed a good FTL run to unlock another ship. Kestrel B, managed to swap a couple of my basic lasers for heavy lasers (same power use, more damage, and slightly less charge time? Sign me up!), then the quest for the Slug ship sent me to a dead end on the far end of the sector. Would've had to take on 3-4 rebel elites to get out. Back-to-back nebulae/ion storms put an end to that escape plan.

Oh boy a new Strider game!

By Double Helix...

• and I see by your recommending it to me that you're enjoying it.

There's that, and also that you seem to be a big fan of Metroid and similar games (megaman ZX, etc.).

• Ahem.

Fuck you Metropolis Zone. Fuck you.

That is all.