If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2013-05-12 18:56:03
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Random shit: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13241432250A67238400&page=0

Tell me if you see something under this link, 'cause I don't. It's like it's some sort of ghost thread.

• Me neither (besides being a 0-post thread titled "I just found five rings in my bag").

• Is that from Yack Fest? There was a thing a week or two back where Eddie deleted all the Yack Fest threads that hadn't been posted in since 31st December 2011, but for some reason left the links to all of them in the thread list there, so clicking on them gives you that blank nonsense.

• That sucks. I liked reading through those old threads (mostly for nostalgia and shit).

Any particular reason FE did that other than being a killjoy?

• TVT was running out of server space. It's not like deleting wiki-threads was an option, so...

• No rainbow star
    I decided to befriebd that crazy ex friend again (with my psychiatrist giving the go ahead)

I am noticing that I take less of her crap now to the point where she recently tried angering me on purpose, and meekly backed off when I didn't take the bait and refused to talk until she was willibg to be reasonable

Now she's starting up the constant texting. Not an issue... If she sticks to my free number (free service I found) which I can log out off. She instead is going for my main number

I have discovered that the GS3 can block a number

I love you Samsung
  • I'd rather they delete those old TRS and image pickin' threads, but I guess it can't be helped.

• Is that from Yack Fest? There was a thing a week or two back where Eddie deleted all the Yack Fest threads that hadn't been posted in since 31st December 2011, but for some reason left the links to all of them in the thread list there, so clicking on them gives you that blank nonsense.

Oh, Fast Eddie, may your incompetence never cease to amuse. On that topic, you know of any other particularly hilarious goofs the Master Hackinator has made recently, and if so, would you mind sharing, please?

• edited 2013-05-13 03:11:56
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Actually, I find it more amusing that the "page zero" nonsense is there, than if it were an oh-so-professional job.

So, yeah, I approve.  It's a feature, not a bug.

• edited 2013-05-13 05:55:52

Comparison of libraries at the three postsecondary institutions I've attended (or, an excuse to mess with tables:

Property 24-hour availability food allowed?
    Institution 1 limited (only one small lounge
    area and two study rooms)
    limited (only that one small
    lounge/study area)
    Institution 2 yes (main library only,
    but that's pretty big)
    yes (main library only,
    but that's pretty big)
    Institution 3

no, closes at midnight
    (6pm weekend nights)

yes (all libraries
    on main campus)

...dangit, why doesn't the table show up right.  It shows up right in the editor...

• edited 2013-05-13 07:43:02

> up late
    > feel like listening to Catholic chanting
    > look for Catholic radio
    > sun rises
    > 7 AM
    > end up listening to a mass, delivered in Latin

This is surprisingly awesome.

Though this is a daily mass (I think), rather than a Sunday mass, and it's in Latin, so I don't recognize 70% of the parts.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Does it happen to you often?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This is the first time I've heard a daily mass, I think.

• ...dangit, why doesn't the table show up right.  It shows up right in the editor...

Heh, before I even read that, my first instinct was to hit "Edit" so I could see the table the way it's supposed to look.

• edited 2013-05-13 21:37:43
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I turned 20 yesterday. I haven't gotten any actual presents from my family yet, though, because they were all ordered over the Internet at the last minute.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Happy Birthday!

Now we just need Ironweaver to post that weird birthday song.

• Heh, before I even read that, my first instinct was to hit "Edit" so I could see the table the way it's supposed to look.

Good idea!

Okay, this is what it showed up as, at least for Firefox in Ubuntu:

Having mod power is neat.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Now we just need Ironweaver to post that weird birthday song.

Always.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__2bHcqk-2o

Happy birthday!

What language is this?

Panno na athan bant;
    goltho mi lae a lim

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Something Celtic, perhaps? Where is it from?

• edited 2013-05-14 06:25:22

A puzzle in the 2013 MUMS puzzlehunt.

Wanna join the fun?  Find our team on IRC (#ducksoup on irc.esper.net, or just bug someone on #ijbm), or visit http://ducksoup.vbprog.zonexus.net/ and request an account.  Yeah, we're the same team as does the MIT Mystery Hunt in January.  There are a few other hunts during the year, and these follow more relaxed formats -- they last over a week each, and only have 20 puzzles.  (As opposed to a mad dash of 100-150 puzzles over three days.)

• Happy Birthday, Fuschlatz!

Happy birthday, Fuschlatz!

• Happy Birthday Fuschlatz! Also, greetings from Taiwan!

• edited 2013-05-14 08:05:38
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Thanks, guys.

Okay, first present arrived this afternoon. It's a Huawei B593 cellular modem, which my parents and I agreed on as a way to help me stop relying on their Internet so much.

Unfortunately, because we ordered it from a Hong Kong vendor, it came with a British power plug instead of an Australian one. Luckily, my Welsh dad has a few converters lying around the house so that I can at least test it with the SIM card from my phone, and things are going well so far. However, I'm not going to use it full-on until I can get a whole new mobile Internet service, which Optus won't let me sign up for without either my driver's licence (which simply does not exist) or my passport (which I haven't been able to locate for several months).

• Happy (belated) Birthday, Fuschlatz!

Also, our power outlets are better than yours because they look like little faces. :P

But it says D=

• Also, our power outlets are better than yours because they look like little faces. :P

Hey, Australian outlets can look like little faces too, y'know.

• No rainbow star
    Ours allow cords to have two orientations (...A lot of devices make the prongs the same size)
  • Face-plug.