If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Honestly, I thought everyone would remember Chechnya from that attack on that school in Russia years back.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    Plus I think the Chechen conflicts were the cornerstone of Putin's presidential election campaign at one point.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Verily!

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> celebrating a day for some dude

> not celebrating Earth Day

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Could've been worse, 20th was Hitler's birthday.

• So today I saw a guy be annoyed that "cinephiles" thought that all knowledge was contained in film

^^ 4/20?

lol @ it being 420

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I lol more when I read of junkies celebrating Hitler's birthday. Hmph, I guess, when you're high enough...

• Kichigai birthday!!
    But Hitler was born in Europe, so it was 20/4.

t. Hitler expert.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    IJBM: sitting alone in the breakroom waiting to clock back in.

• > celebrating a day for some dude

> not celebrating Earth Day

Dragons slain by St. George: 1

Dragons slain by Earth: 0

I see a clear winner here

• A self-proclaimed fascist told me I had bad character.

> St. George slew the dragon

That bastard killed off the one cool thing about Medieval Europe.

And did so in the name of religion, to boot.

Bigoted fucker.

• The dragon was eating folks, ya furry.

@Myrm: perhaps the character didn't fit the mood of the campaign.

• edited 2013-04-24 12:14:23
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Obviously the dragon was larping with some folks, and George wasn't invited and killed the dragon, saying the pretend eating was real
  • I'm a cashier: 'Are you married sweetheart?' 'No...' 'Then where did you learn to grab money that fast?'

courtesy of everydaysexism.com

• You can change. You can.

Fifteen minutes of use and I already hate Windows 8 lots.

• What's wrong with 8? /curious.

It's mostly two things

• The new Start menu's design is pretty much meant to be used on tablets. So if you don't have one, it's basically a hassle to deal with.

• It keeps bringing up the "corner menu" (A menu you can access to the right of the screen where you find stuff like settings or whatever. Kinda like a taskbar except not a taskbar because it's not called a taskbar) when you move the mouse around for a while and it locks the whole thing on place until you click out off it. 

You also have to set up icons or it seems unable to find whatever application you're looking for most of the time.

That's why placing program files in folders of your choice and then creating shortcuts to them yourself is always the best method.

Too bad it seems no one likes doing that these days.

Well, you can do that. It's just that it's not the default and that is pretty bullshit.

• edited 2013-04-25 00:14:18
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Why is it not the default?

Why is every major commercial platform moving toward hiding the settings and nuts-and-bolts and giving people only pre-made packages that only work one way?

• edited 2013-04-25 00:15:44
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^As I understand it, Microsoft was really excited about how at some point in the future, all computers would have touchscreens, so they went ahead and designed an OS for computers with touchscreens, and released it on computers without touchscreens.

> in the future, all computers will have touchscreens

That sounds a lot like

> in the future, all gamers will have persistent internet connections

• This is the world we live in now. God, get with the times. [/Adam Orth]

• edited 2013-04-25 00:18:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Well, the former is physically possible, so that's a plus.

Same thing in terms of jumping the gun though.

On Tuesday, I tried to keep up with a fellow project group member when she was meeting with the class's professor.  But I was really sick and just bailed in the middle of it.

E-mail from professor: "Not holding class tomorrow because I'm sick.  Sorry."

Crap.  Now I feel really bad.