If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Steam Autumn Sale 2012

Comments

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Sale ends today, right? How long till it's over. I know there's gonna be some daily deals left, but how long till everything else goes back to regular price?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Sale ends in about 32 hours.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm still pissed that, for some reason, Arkham City is "blocked in my region".

• Champion of the Whales

Thats because you're a dodgy Slav!

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Perhaps it's because Eastern European politics fail to represent the people to such a degree that vigilanteism might be the only option for a future not based on tenuous ethnic/cultural divisions? 

What I mean to say, Milos, is that I think you should become Batman. It's for the best. 

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

What I mean to say, Milos, is that I think you should become Batman. It's for the best. 

For all this time, I was only searching for a good reason to do exactly that.

Now I have a reason.

*swish*

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

you can join the Batmen of All Nations.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I was wrong, there is a new batch of sales today!

Daily Deals for November 26th, 2012:

Counter Strike: Global Offensive 50% off

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings 75% off

Alan Wake Franchise 75% off

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 50% off

Castle Crashers 67% off

Legend of Grimrock 75% off

Indie Games:

Osmos 50% off

Zeno Clash 90% off

Hamlet 50% off

Shatter 50% off

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery 60% off

Ys Origin 50% off

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams 40% off

Closure 50% off

VVVVVV 50% off

Current Flash Sales:

Killing Floor 75% off

DiRT Showdown 66% off

Sniper Elite V2 75% off

Gran Theft Auto IV: Complete Collection 75% off

Crusader Kings II Collection 75% off

Tropico 4 80% off

I think those indie game deals have been on the whole time anyway; they just highlight different groups of games on the frontpage or something.

• 5 bucks for Just Cause 2? I haven't bought anything this sale, but I might have to get that.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Whoo ten buck for recettear. Capitalism ho, bitches.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

My haul:

• Rock of Ages, even though my computer can't really run it.

• Bastion, which I can actually play.

What we need to do now is combine Racettear and Mount & Blade, so we can feud while we appreciate capital. 

• edited 2012-11-26 20:07:58
    a little muffled

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams 40% off
    Wait, that's out? I may have to get it just because Machinae Supremacy...

Edit: Also at $7.49, The Witcher 2 is mighty tempting, even though I bought the first one in the Summer Sale and haven't touched it.

The Witcher 2 at under $8 is a massive steal. It's not necessarily for everyone, but if it is for you, it's a game like no other. 

^I picked it up along with Dark Souls on Amazon.

How many Alexbux did I earn?

if it is for you, it's a game like no other.

The same could be said of all videogames.

• edited 2012-11-26 20:41:55
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

How many Alexbux did I earn?

Enough to purchase the service of five German or ten Italian mercenaries for a week, or otherwise outfit yourself with the requisite equipment to get bludgeoned to death by furious men-at-arms when your commander deems you expendable as a mere irregular. 

Honestly, I suggest banditry. 

The same could be said of all videogames.

Another game that's definitely for me is War of the Roses, but it's quite a bit like Mount & Blade. There are differences, of course, but as much as Roses appeals to my interests, it's not as overwhelmingly unique or dare I say important as The Witcher 2. 

There really is no other game like The Witcher 2. It is unique. Not everyone will enjoy it, and that's a legitimate factor of subjectivity, and it's not as though it's perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But it tells a great story with a good cast of characters in a very conventional manner, despite being a video game -- and it succeeds. All the half-baked storytelling of vidya history pretty much leads up to The Witcher 2, which is the best example to my mind of a conventional story told via a video game. Everything fits into place really well, the whole thing is paced effectively and the characters are dripping with excess humanity. 

Like I said, there are a fair few games that could be said to be "for" me, and not everyone likes The Witcher 2. But to my mind, The Witcher 2 stands out even amongst my other dearly-held favourites like Dark Souls, Mount & Blade, Jedi Outcast, Tales of Phantasia and so on and so forth.  

• a little muffled

@MadassAlex:

The Witcher 2 at under $8 is a massive steal. It's not necessarily for everyone, but if it is for you, it's a game like no other.
    I've no doubt. That said, I'd like to play the first one first, and I haven't even started that. There will be at least two Steam sales between now and the absolute earliest I can imagine playing it, and it's perfectly possible it'll be even cheaper by then. (I picked up the first one for $2.50 after all.)

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, just because I have to say it, Bastion is both a blast to play and an excellent example of how narration in a game (and, in spots, integration of gameplay and story) can be done very, very well.

Steam is not connecting.  Again.

I know I should have no problems connecting to Steam from here.  I've been on Steam multiple times over the course of the semester, from my apartment.  And I've never had a problem until now.

It's the traffic.  Seriously.

• edited 2012-11-27 14:34:41
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Well, the sale is over. Time to show off your hauls!

I got:

• X-COM: Enemy Unknown

• Dawnguard

• The Witcher 2

• Dark Souls (Amazon)

• Sleeping Dogs

• Mark of the Ninja

• Mirror's Edge

• Borderlands 2

• Hotline Miami

• War of the Roses 

• KOTOR II

• The Walking Dead

• edited 2012-11-27 14:43:26
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

There are computers that can run Mirror's Edge?

purchases: Portal 2, Portal 2, Chantelise, Saira, Nightsky, Saira, Magnetis, Toki Tori, Home

As the repetitions imply, not all of these are for me.  Toki Tori is also not for me.

gifts: Analogue: a Hate Story, The Dream Machine Chapters 1-3, Puzzle Agent 2, Children of the Nile: Enhanced Edition, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

What we need to do now is combine Racettear and Mount & Blade, so we can feud while we appreciate capital. 

Yo dawg

we heard you like Racettear and Mount & Blade so we put some Racettear in your Mount & Blade so you can game the capitalist system while you painstakingly plan out medieval combat.

• Champion of the Whales

I got:

Recettear

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition.

• I got as a gift from GHM portal 2. I really did not have the money for this sale.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Civ V + Gods and Kings Expansion

Borderlands 2

All the Serious Sam Games

• edited 2012-11-27 15:18:45
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Hey Lazuli, accept my friend request already (I'm Indomitus Crimsoni). >:(

• edited 2012-11-27 15:21:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

How do I uninstall Steam but leave the games alone so that I can do a fresh reinstall?

Or are the servers just that clogged up?  I can't log into Steam, again.

If only developers made smaller games, the servers would be less clogged.

^I think you can just make a backup of your steamapps folder, reinstall, and paste it back where it was.