If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Steam Autumn Sale 2012

Comments

• Champion of the Whales

You haven't played Masters of Orion or Masters of Orion 2?

They are on GOG for like 6 of your American dollars.

But seriously, MOO2 was the best Space 4X game of the 1990's and Gal Civ is seen as the spiritual successor of MOO2.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Like I said elsewhere, I generally can't buy from GOG, since my bank thinks Europe is a massive scam.

• Champion of the Whales

Get a new bank then.

What about getting it off impulsedriven.com?

I will at some point.

I would rather stick my hand in a fire than give money to Gamestop, though.

• Champion of the Whales

Ooooh

Its on Gamersgate but you probably wont get it off there as your bank thinks my contient is full of dodgy people who engage in scams.

For the moment, though, I might as well take a look at GC2. And if I like that, I'll know for future reference to get MoO when I can.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Where is GamersGate based?

And do they care if you don't give them your real real name?

• Champion of the Whales

GamersGate used to be owned by Paradox Interactive who are Swedish.

Who owns them now?  Or at least, where are their financial operations based?

• Champion of the Whales

PI spun them off but they are still based in Sweden

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Bought Galactic Civilizations 2, probably going to buy Terraria regardless of its on-sale status.

Any good Diablo clones in here?

Hate to break it to you, but Terraria was a daily deal the first day. I mean, I'd still recommend it, but bad timing :/

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Torchlight and its sequel. They were even made by the remnants of Blizzard North.

Hate to break it to you, but Terraria was a daily deal the first day. I mean, I'd still recommend it, but bad timing :/

sez it's still seven bucks.

And it better be, because I just downloaded it.

Torchlight and its sequel. They were even made by the remnants of Blizzard North.

Oh shit, that's on Steam? I thought you had to like, go out and buy that on a disc >_>

I'm not sure, I've already spent $12...

sez it's still seven bucks.

It's on sale. It was just even more on sale on the first day.

Oh shit, that's on Steam? I thought you had to like, go out and buy that on a disc

Nope. According to Wikipedia, it didn't even get a physical release until it had been out for several months.

These days, it's very rare for a PC game to be physical-only, and when one is, it's generally a sign that the creators don't know what they're doing.

• edited 2012-11-24 20:25:02
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

These days, it's very rare for a PC game to be physical-only, and when one is, it's generally a sign that the creators don't know what they're doing.

This'll tell you how often I actually buy games.

Speaking of games I gotta go unsubscribe to premium membership on DDO, I've stopped playing it and don't feel like getting $15 withdrawn from my account in a few days.

Also Terraria is apparently not working. Hooray.

edit: and now it is. Computers continue to mystify me.

Also, I posted that before, but vanilla decided to eat my edit. Fuck you too, you shitty software.

Steam is still not working for me.

Super Lazuli, do you have QuintSakugarne friended on Steam?  Just wondering if I've friended you.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Nova is probably going to be pissed about that :/

It was on sale when I bought it.

Yeah, at half the discount.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

-shrug-

Super Lazuli, do you have QuintSakugarne friended on Steam? Just wondering if I've friended you.

I don't think I do.

I'm superglobesupreme on Steam, because I make poor life decisions.

• But seriously, MOO2 was the best Space 4X game of the 1990's and Gal Civ is seen as the spiritual successor of MOO2.

We don't talk much about MOO3 though...  >_>

So I have decided that I am absolutely buying Torchlight II.

Even if the cutscenes have problems with the sound cutting out.

Cutscenes? It has a plot?

*shrug*

There was an intro movie. I'm assuming there's one at the end of each chapter like Diablo II.

Also this game is really Diablo II-like, this is in no way a bad thing and makes total sense, but it's still worth mentioning.

Also DIABLO WITH GUNS FUCK YES THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER.

Cutscenes? It has a plot?

Even the original did.

Also this game is really Diablo II-like, this is in no way a bad thing and makes total sense, but it's still worth mentioning.

No, it's really not. It misses out on some of the best parts of Diablo II- namely, atmosphere and the like.

I got like an hour into the original, and the plot at that point was "there is a town built over a massive dungeon with lots of treasure. You would like that treasure, so go kill stuff and get loot."

The PC was recruited by Syl to go down into the dungeon and fight Alric. The plot starts in the first like two minutes.

• edited 2012-11-24 22:48:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Seriously?

Guess I'll chalk it up to it having been ages and the bulk of my actual memory of the game being rapid-fire clicking on generic monsters :/

But, like, I know that once I got in the dungeon, it was pretty plotless.

• edited 2012-11-24 22:53:42
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

No, it's really not. It misses out on some of the best parts of Diablo II- namely, atmosphere and the like.

I though the atmosphere (meaning brown and gray everywhere) was one of the things people didn't like about Diablo.

At least I didn't, which was one of the reasons why I never went back to Diablo.