If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-11-20 02:24:47
    There is love everywhere, I already know

@Bastion: Notsureifjoking.jpg

Great pagetopper >_>

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Better pageseconder:

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm...not sure I'm going to be able to sleep.

Legitimately the scariest thing I've ever watched.

That was basically how I felt after the first one. When I watched it, it was with a big group of friends in somebody's basement on their ridiculously huge projector TV, about half of whom had seen it before. It started off with everyone sort of just joking around and laughing and stuff, like people do when they're watching stuff at home with friends, but after a point everyone just started to get really quiet. And jumpy.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

I watched the first one in the same time span as The Blair Witch Project, and, while it was okay, it didn't particularly get to me, or at least, not nearly as much as the latter movie did. I think I also watched Insidious that day, and it really had me going . . . for the first half. I . . . hmm, I guess The Blair Witch Project would be the scariest thing I've ever watched, aside from this one screamer that someone posted in Ye Olde IJBMe.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Just watched episode 3 of Supernatural. Thus far, each one is better than the last, so that's good. They also seem to have noticed that their CGI is terrible, so they've been holding off on it.

• edited 2012-11-20 14:58:15
    No rainbow star
    How the fuck did this suddenly jump to over 16 thousand unread? Stupid mobile
  • edited 2012-11-20 15:24:42
    No rainbow star
    Can't believe I had to resort to threatening to call the fucking police to get her to stop texting >.<

My two days off were supposed to be relaxing so that I can be ready to work again tomorriw. Instead I'm probably going to be running on fumes tomorrow >.<
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's npt the mobile. The site (thanks to the update) now goes by the last page of a thread you've viewed.

• @Bastion: Notsureifjoking.jpg

Oh, I'm serious.

Dead serious.

• @Crimson You would drop out if there was a chance you got anything less than an A in your courses?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^In my current situation, yes, since I NEED to get 4 more A's by the end of the next semester in order to save my GPA. On principle, no.

What I mean is, if you lost 10% of your grade in a class you need to put in an A's amount of effort in order to get a B. If you were at a B before this quiz, then you'd get a C, and a C is a good reason to pull out of a course imo.

• edited 2012-11-20 17:42:50
    a little muffled

Here at U of T, 80+ is an A, and 85+ a 4.0 GP. That's achievable if "bombing" the quiz/test here means 30-40% rather than straight-up zero or close to it.

There's no standard as far as I know for how exactly GPA is determined from course marks so you should really look up how exactly your school determines it.

• Champion of the Whales

Apparently Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone

YNTKT.

• You can change. You can.
    I find it funny that I read that just after going through the first 3 issues of Shade The Changing Man (People who are supposed to get this and visit IJBM: Like one or three tops. Fucks I give about people getting it: -1)
  • Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

• Grandma, would you please stop moving my stuff when I'm at school?

• If that don't work, use more gun.

I have a programming related question. In C++, what the hell is an "undefined reference to (void function name)" error, and how do I generally fix these?

• edited 2012-11-20 23:41:39
    Tech support

If I recall correctly you are trying to call a function before it has been declared. Try putting

void function_name(arguments to the function);

somewhere before you try to call the function. It is typically put before main.

edit: Checking it out some more, the error is the compiler cannot find the function you are trying to call. Fixing it is depends on a few things. One is the function from a library. If so make sure that you are linking against the library. Two is it a function you created. If so make sure that the file the function is defined in has been compiled and linked against. 

• edited 2012-11-20 23:47:03
    If that don't work, use more gun.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I understand jack shit about this program, and I have absolutely no fucking clue what to do. http://pastebin.com/hVmikMUA

Basically, I'm supposed to average 5 numbers, drop the highest and lowest of the bunch, and average the remaining 3. Just tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong, because I have been working on this all day, and now I'm having a goddamn breakdown over it. I had it accepting 5 inputs before, but now it only accepts one for some reason.

• A couple questions, one have you covered arrays and two what compiler are you using.

• edited 2012-11-20 23:54:28

Oh, uh, g++ MinGW. I'm supposed to use void functions, and yeah, we covered arrays. The program I'm making all this in is jGRASP.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Dead serious.

But it's just a kid throwing somebody's food at a guy...

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Your functions to find lowest and highest are really unwieldy. What I would do is create variables min and max to store the highest and lowest values then do the following:

double findMax (double judgeNum)//This is assuming judgeNum is a array and you can use arrays.

{

double tempMax = 0; //temp value to store the max

for (int i = -; i<=5; i++){//For loop to traverse array

if (judgeNum > tempMax){

tempMax = judgeNum;

}

}

}

I had it accepting 5 inputs before, but now it only accepts one for some reason.

That's because you aren't looping to ask for more values in getJudgeData.

• You are also not storing the input you get anywhere as well. Arrays will make your code much cleaner and easier to follow here.

• edited 2012-11-21 00:22:51

That's because you aren't looping to ask for more values in getJudgeData.

Actually, here's the requirements or something. If I'm supposed to use the loops though, oh god how did I not think of that!?

void getJudgeData() should ask the user for a judge’s score, store it in a
    reference parameter variable, and validate it. This function should be called
    by the main once for each of the five judges.

void calcScore() should calculate and display the average of the three scores
    that remain after dropping the highest and lowest scores the debater
    received. This function should be called just once by main, and should be
    passed the five scores.

The last two functions, described below, should be called by calcScore, which uses the
    returned information to determine which of the scores to drop.

1. Int findLowest() should find and return the lowest of the five scores passed to it.
    2. Int findHighest() should find and return the highest of the five scores passed to it

• Based on the prompt it looks like you may have to scrap most of it, do you want me to create a skeleton for you to work with and with what code I can salvage, Mostly the input logic.

• edited 2012-11-21 00:25:16

Sure. I can't understand what's going on anymore with my own code. Having a point to start from would be great. I'm really sorry to have to ask this from you.

• Give me a few minutes to create it.

• edited 2012-11-21 00:34:32
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Oh, uh, I forget, where am I supposed to put this?

That should be the new findHighest, you should probably create either global variables or variables in main() to store the min/max values.

void calcScore() should calculate and display the average of the three scores
    that remain after dropping the highest and lowest scores the debater
    received. This function should be called just once by main, and should be
    passed the five scores.

Ah that's easy.

void calcScore(){

double avg1 = 0; //First (simple) Average

double avg2 = 0; //Second Average

double sum = 0;

for (int i; i<=5; i++)//For loop to calculate the sum of all judge scores.

{

sum += judgeNum;

}

avg1 = sum/5; //Simple average

cout << avg1;

avg2 = sum - (MAX+MIN);//This cancels out the highest and lowest

avg2 = avg2/3;

cout << avg2;

}

• Alright here you go http://pastebin.com/kcDvQJGR I've put in a few comments to help you out that you should remove before you turn it in. I also put a few things that were given in the assignment to save a bit of typing and was able to reuse the input function just with a minor adjustment to make it fit closer to what the assignment wants.