If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

a multimedia Twitter without the character limit.

And with even worse servers. :P

Also, something something emotion date of birth pronoun alphabet.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Ever get bummed out for bombing a quiz worth 10% of your overall grade?

I just did, so yes. Luckily the rest of the class did only slightly better than I did, so our professor is letting us replace it with our final exam grade.

Also:

Happy birthday, Mr. W!

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also, something something emotion date of birth pronoun alphabet.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence

Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Summers!

>Go on /pol/ so I can laugh at people

>Find a violently anti-trans thread

why did i do this

• @Legionnaire: No you didn't, I still have the link to it and it's still up (assuming it's yours, PM me if you're that curious).

Wings said the same thing. You people need to stop ruining my jokes )=<

• Pardon the blunt question, but who here is fat? Like considerably overweight for their age and body type.

• a little muffled
    I think when it's worth 10% of you course mark it graduates from quiz to test.
  • I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

I'm at 193 when I should be at 180, but I keep gaining weight since I splurge out on food at night when I'm feeling suicidal.

I once had a class that had exams, labs, homeworks, and in-class activities.

The homeworks were worth 10% of the grade.  There were about 12 homework assignments over the course of the semester.  Each of them had about 6 problems.

I remember spending several hours on a single problem, and wondering out loud, in agreement with my classmates, why the fuck I was spending so much time on about 0.1% of my grade for that class.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I'm actually too underweight. Sorry.

• Is 10% negligible or a game breaker, how you did on the other 90% notwithstanding? The answer will help determine whether I should hedge my bets and drop out of the course so my GPA doesn't take a hit.

What I just meant was that grade share the individual problems (which had multiple parts themselves) did not do a good job of justifying the time put into doing them.

^^Well here's the thing. You need to literally a perfect score from now on in-order to snag an A, basically. If you were solid A range, you now have a B. So, I'd withdraw unless you had an A in the class before this quiz.

• edited 2012-11-19 23:00:07
    Has friends besides tanks now

Hmm. Well, I haven't had a terrible problem with the weight of my assignments quite yet, but I have a 8-10 page essay due in about ten days that's worth 35% of my grade for that class, and tomorrow, I'm handing one in that's worth 25%. I got a 93 on the first (and that was worth 15%), but I don't know if I did a sufficient job in revising the one for tomorrow, given that her only complaint was that I occasionally needed to clarify, since, well, I get kind of long-winded at times. (Oddly enough, I couldn't find, on the syllabus, where my midterm factors into my grade, which sucks, since I got a 100).

With that said, even 10% could make a difference, so that sucks. But I guess it would depend on what, exactly, your GPA is, and what you had in that class before. And, I suppose, how badly you bombed the quiz; a score of 40% is pretty different from 65%, given that there's so little difference between letter grades. Now that I've been actually figuring out what grades I need to stay in the Honors program, I've been noticing tiny differences.

Oh, wait, Canadian education system. It could be different.

Somehow I think that the text "need international norms in advance of large-scale fuckery", describing the policy needs of geoengineering, is probably not appropriate for classroom use.

• They're somethin' else.

Geh. Arrogant Bastard has got to be one of the worst beers ever made. Even it's own cute little descriptions on the back of the bottle reeks of it copping out and refusing to take responsibility for how pedestrian it is.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, the last movie I watched was Highlander.

Right now, I'm watching Paranormal Activity 2.

Someone just yelled "there can be only one!"

Huh.

So, the guy is recording his wife bathing for no particular reason.

I mean, I understand if he wanted to do that, but it's an awfully PG video for that sort of thing.

and...more movie references

why

ohgodwhyisnothinghappeningi'mscared

• edited 2012-11-20 00:41:43

I swear that that whole movie was specifically made to be as unappealing to me as possible.

Yeah, it's basically a case of "either you'll like it or you won't."

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I really enjoyed the first Paranormal Activity. Haven't seen any of the others.

Haven't seen the first; it isn't on Netflix :/

Won't get into the details, but so far, almost every jump scare has been played for laughs. Pretty awesome.

Just finished it.

I'm...not sure I'm going to be able to sleep.

Legitimately the scariest thing I've ever watched.

Okay, starting Supernatural because fuck it I'm not getting any sleep now.

First few minutes were very effective, then the special effects started and hahahahahahahhaha

• Legitimately the scariest thing I've ever watched.

Have you seen this clip from Paranormal Activity 4? It's so much worse.