If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• I don't actually get the point of that image.

Everyone loved Charlotte.  I don't think anyone needed an image to explain why.

• edited 2012-10-16 13:50:40
    Has friends besides tanks now

Probably not, but I still it was neat, if a little sad.

Now I wanna see Puella Magi Charlotte Magica. :(

• NeoGAF wants to know what Retro Studios is up to, so they hack into a security cam outside of the studio's new office building. Retro apparently knows.

Retro KNOWS

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That is one part disturbing and two parts hilarious.

• But you never had any to begin with.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

:c

Now I feel bad for lighting her on fire.

• No rainbow star

• He's got this saucy "come hither" face.

• No rainbow star

^ So when do we get the moe version of that with anime eyes and Mitt-Chan and Obama-Chan?

• Obama-Chan

Obama-senpai, actually.

• edited 2012-10-17 01:46:54

^ So when do we get the moe version of that with anime eyes and Mitt-Chan and Obama-Chan?

When Romney gets a sufficient supply of binders full of (animu) women.

• But you never had any to begin with.

• They're somethin' else.

• I'm a damn twisted person

I kinda want to caption that with "I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHEW FOOD!"

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Only problem I have with it is thay Weezing clearly has a more normal mouth
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

fuck e-books

• You can change. You can.

I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of technology being self-replacing.  I mean, I love books but who the fuck cares. Crime and Punishment doesn't stop being Crime and Punishment because you read it on a screen or on the page.

Whichever works for you, really.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    But Juan, how will people polish their Luddite peen while flying on a plane or riding in a modern car or posting on the Internet?
  • edited 2012-10-17 19:22:48
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

fuck e-books

no fuck dead tree books

• edited 2012-10-17 20:05:02
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Really, the only unambigously positive thing I see about e-books is the conservation of trees. They do have their use, and I'm not opposed to their use, but am afraid of the inevitable day when they will completely replace print books. You must admit that there is a certain charm in proudly looking at your book collection on a shelf, walking through a bookstore and looking at all those delightful covers, curling up on a couch and spending a lazy afternoon drinking tea and reading a good book with some relaxing music playing in the background. Sometimes you may just want to rest your eyes from all kinds of electronic screens.

All in all, more and more spheres of our private life are becoming digitalized, losing their material aspect and becoming a part of some abstract, digital non-entity. It's sort of like canned air, basically the same thing, but without any sort of inexplicable sensory, aesthetical appeal. The world is slowly losing its beauty, and the humanity is abandoning the incomprehensible harmony and appeal of the natural and irrational.

I'm definitely not a Luddite, when compared to society at large. Still, I admit that I am a lot more technophobic and skeptical of technological novelties than most of the internet community.

• I'll always prefer pulp to bytes, if only because it's slightly more durable than digital information.

Also the smell of old books is sweeeeeeeet
  • You can change. You can.

Yeah, I mean, nobody reads newspapers and shit today. 

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Yeah, I mean, nobody reads newspapers and shit today.

There have actually been proposals about completely phasing out printed news in the near future.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The world is slowly losing its beauty, and the humanity is abandoning the incomprehensible harmony and appeal of the natural and irrational.

Blah, I was with you until then.

The world is changing. I don't actually mind the change- I like the way the world is heading.

I just don't want to lose the old world, either. I have a lot of printed books at home- I like having printed books.

• edited 2012-10-17 20:16:46
    You can change. You can.

There have been, but nothing effectual because people still like print and screens and internet are not widely available.

As in world-wide available, I mean.

ETA: Again, I don't dislike printed books but I just don't understand why e-books gain so much hate. It's still text, it's still a story. If you don't like reading that, it's cool, but acting as if books were this utterly sacred thing because of the fact that they're printed and not because of their content is really baffling to me.

• No rainbow star

With e-ink out there, all they have left to do is solve the issue of, "Books don't need to be recharged"